Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby high blood pressure

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 10:46 pm
I'm in the hospital with my 4 month old post surgery. Her blood pressure is on the high side, it's all over the place and not steady at all but always higher end. It's the only thing keeping her here, and the doctors are kind of stumped. Anyone have this and can let me know what it was?

ima22

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 10:52 pm
Pain? If not pain then perhaps they should look at her kidney function?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 10:56 pm
ima22 wrote:
Pain? If not pain then perhaps they should look at her kidney function?

Its not pain. Its even while totally asleep peacefully. Checked kidney function and heart function and was good bh.

Mommy1:)

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 11:49 pm
wish I had some advise to offer... davening for you and your family! May Hashem send refuos and yeshuos.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 12:02 am
Maybe too much fluid? Electrolytes off?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 12:13 am
Mommy1:) wrote:
wish I had some advise to offer... davening for you and your family! May Hashem send refuos and yeshuos.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 12:13 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Maybe too much fluid? Electrolytes off?

I can ask the nurse about that.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 12:43 am
Have they taken a chest X-ray?

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 12:52 am
For babies it’s usually a kidney issue, lung issue or heart issue. Are the doctors extremely thorough? Do you trust them? I’m sorry you are stuck in the hospital and worrying. That is no fun at all. BH your baby is not uncomfortable. I hope they get to the bottom of this very soon.

* I would recommend you calling shuki Berman. Through his organization he has knowledge of almost everything out there. He knows which doctors to recommend based on the hospital and insurance you have. There is almost no condition he hasn’t dealt with.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:09 am
My baby had high/unstable blood pressure following heart surgery. He needed medication for about 2 months until his blood pressure went back to normal. The doctors at the hospital seemed to be stumped as well, but I later found out it is not unusual after surgery that affects the cardiovascular system.
Refuah sheleima

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:15 am
If you cuddle baby does it go down?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:38 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Have they taken a chest X-ray?

Yes was great

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:39 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
My baby had high/unstable blood pressure following heart surgery. He needed medication for about 2 months until his blood pressure went back to normal. The doctors at the hospital seemed to be stumped as well, but I later found out it is not unusual after surgery that affects the cardiovascular system.
Refuah sheleima

This is probably what it is. She also had her surgery. I think they're going to let me go home with medication.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:40 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
If you cuddle baby does it go down?

No it stays the same

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:41 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
For babies it’s usually a kidney issue, lung issue or heart issue. Are the doctors extremely thorough? Do you trust them? I’m sorry you are stuck in the hospital and worrying. That is no fun at all. BH your baby is not uncomfortable. I hope they get to the bottom of this very soon.

* I would recommend you calling shuki Berman. Through his organization he has knowledge of almost everything out there. He knows which doctors to recommend based on the hospital and insurance you have. There is almost no condition he hasn’t dealt with.

These were all ruled out bh. The doctors have told them other departments to rule a bunch of things out. Bh everything was nice and normal.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:31 pm
Bh they discharged me this morning!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:31 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics