Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to remove bubble stains on clothing?

lucite

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:01 pm
My daughter ruined a couple of dresses while playing with bubbles (blowing bubbles) ,
It leaves bluish blotches on the clothing after washing,
Anyway of removing it?
Already tried soaking in palmolive, and spraying oxygen spray didn’t budge
Tia

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:32 pm
I never figured it out Sad I basically just outlawed bubbles unless the kids are wearing dark clothing or junky stuff that I don’t care if it gets stained

Motherhood

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:35 pm
I don’t think there is much to do after it’s washed. I heard that there’s some kind of chemical reaction happening when the bubble solution mixes with the laundry detergent so it’s better to soak the clothing in regular water before washing. Can’t vouch for it, though.

Motherhood

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:39 pm
Also, I create my own bubble solution made with dish detergent.
https://I.imgur.com/Dj2Qe66.jpg

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:52 pm
Motherhood wrote:
I don’t think there is much to do after it’s washed. I heard that there’s some kind of chemical reaction happening when the bubble solution mixes with the laundry detergent so it’s better to soak the clothing in regular water before washing. Can’t vouch for it, though.

Motherhood wrote:
Also, I create my own bubble solution made with dish detergent.
https://I.imgur.com/Dj2Qe66.jpg

This. Don't use store bought bubbles. Make your own from good quality soap like Dawn or Palmolive.

You can try one of the methods for set in stain removal.
https://www.thespruce.com/how-.....87973

rischla

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:00 pm
Omg bubbles are a nightmare such a good expensive dress got so ruined after one wear

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:17 pm
Do they only ruin light colored clothing?

bsy

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:20 pm
It won't come out once washed. In the future, you need to wash the clothes first without detergent

bsy

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:21 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Do they only ruin light colored clothing?

you wont see it on navy or black etc. Not sure about darker pinks etc

NYmommy

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:43 pm
I had a tshirt now that was totally ruined from bubbles. After 2 washes it didnt budge even after soaking with different types of stain removers. What did work was soaking the top in lestoil and rubbing it a lot with a toothbrush. I let it soak for an hour or 2 then washed it. Its gone bh! Beware the smell is horrible!

mommy2x

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 7:32 pm
I have found the spray called "zout" to take out a lot of stains that other stain removers couldn't take out. Good luck!

HelloG

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:49 pm
lucite wrote:
My daughter ruined a couple of dresses while playing with bubbles (blowing bubbles) ,
It leaves bluish blotches on the clothing after washing,
Anyway of removing it?
Already tried soaking in palmolive, and spraying oxygen spray didn’t budge
Tia

are you me?
I could cry....

HelloG

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:54 pm
NYmommy wrote:
I had a tshirt now that was totally ruined from bubbles. After 2 washes it didnt budge even after soaking with different types of stain removers. What did work was soaking the top in lestoil and rubbing it a lot with a toothbrush. I let it soak for an hour or 2 then washed it. Its gone bh! Beware the smell is horrible!

am ordering lestoil now from amazon
wish me luck cuz it's basically an entire dress full so not sure where exactly to start rubbing with the toothbrush
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry