Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Shabbas Nachamu - Majestic Events
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:20 pm
My in laws have invited us to go with them to a shabbs in CT organized by majestic events for shabbs nachamu.

My mil mentioned that it’s more of a chaisdish crowd so I’d have to make sure to wear socks long skirts etc (were chasidish but a bit more modern than them like I don’t wear stockings in the summer and wear open toe shoes etc).

I’m trying to figure out how chaisdish it is and what type of a crowd will be there because even though it’s not really my thing they really want to take us away, it’s been a tough year, and I would love a getaway.

Anyone going? Or have been that can help me out?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:34 pm
can you post the ad ? I am looking for some shabbos getaway but didnt see anything advertised for shabbos nachumi

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:00 pm

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:12 pm
You are not chassidish if you dont wear stockings.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:52 pm
We went with them afew times. Mosty chassidish crowd but plenty of chilled chassidish as well. You can wear what you want, but I've never met a women there that wasn't dressed fully tzenuis.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:53 pm
I've been. There were about 10-15% not chassidish. But it does sound like your in-laws want you to dress with stockings while being their guests.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

here is the details

I think the OP is mixing up 2 programs, this is Yoely Weiss Program (his company name is Party Expert) Mejestic Events is another program going on nachmu

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 9:06 am
Thank you for sharing that
My in laws told us it’s majestic events and sent us that flyer (told us to check oht majestic on Instagram). So I’m not sure which they mean but good info to have.

I can’t imagine it is really my scene but they would love for us to come so we might just do it and worst case it’s only 2 nights. My kids will be happy.

Also for those of you worried, I’m always fully btznius especially when I’m in a setting that may be more religious than I am. And I wear long skirts without stockings so afaik I’m still allowed to be “chasidish” Smirk

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for sharing that
My in laws told us it’s majestic events and sent us that flyer (told us to check oht majestic on Instagram). So I’m not sure which they mean but good info to have.

I can’t imagine it is really my scene but they would love for us to come so we might just do it and worst case it’s only 2 nights. My kids will be happy.

Also for those of you worried, I’m always fully btznius especially when I’m in a setting that may be more religious than I am. And I wear long skirts without stockings so afaik I’m still allowed to be “chasidish” Smirk

If you wear long skirts, I don't think people will realize that you're not wearing socks.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:14 am
If you call urself “chassidish” you must be following a chassidus. Now, I bet you no chassidish rebbe allows no stockings. Why not just call urself modern, or just frum.. why chassidish?! What parts of chasidishism do you follow?!

This really has nothing to do with your initial question so mayb I should start a s/o
It just that this rrly irks me

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
If you call urself “chassidish” you must be following a chassidus. Now, I bet you no chassidish rebbe allows no stockings. Why not just call urself modern, or just frum.. why chassidish?! What parts of chasidishism do you follow?!

This really has nothing to do with your initial question so mayb I should start a s/o

Yeah this is a s/o

But there are many of us chassidim that dont follow a specific rebbe

And please don’t take it so to heart- it works for us!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:14 pm
Isn't that called heimish?

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:18 pm

Excuse me, but there are plenty chassidish women that don't wear stockings under long skirts. Chassidish is a real big range of all types of people. And there are chassidish that lead a chassidish lifestyle and the husband wears chassidish levush but they don't specifically follow a certain Rebba.
But this has zero to do with this thread and it's quite rude to pick OP apart for this.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:20 pm

Why does it bother you if she calls herself chassidish? She's joining her chassidish family and she still connects to that. Are you pushing her out?

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Excuse me, but there are plenty chassidish women that don't wear stockings under long skirts. Chassidish is a real big range of all types of people. And there are chassidish that lead a chassidish lifestyle and the husband wears chassidish levush but they don't specifically follow a certain Rebba.
But this has zero to do with this thread and it's quite rude to pick OP apart for this.

Meh. People like to conflate chassidish culture in NY/NJ with actual chassidus, which is really unfortunate. Not every chassidus has a levush, not even every chassidus with a rebbe has a levush. And yes, some of us don’t wear stockings. Smile

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 12:34 pm
Which program is nicer the Yoely Weiss or Eli Friedman?
They're $1250 and $1400 for a couple, trying to see if it's worth the extra $.

Thanks for any leads!

Bsimcha

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 12:35 pm
Does anyone know where I can find the Majestic events ad? Can't seem to find it.

chaya35

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 2:41 pm
I think I saw it in the weekly link or the boro park view.

amother
Tuberose

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 3:44 pm
Info@majesticeventsny.com

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 11:53 am
Bumping this up. Has anyone gone in the past and can they give reviews?

I don't really care that much, but I'm from Lakewood; how out of place would I be at this program?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries