Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What do you really think about fat people?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:20 pm
like honestly? for realz?
I am fat but very put together. what do you think of me when randomly walking past me? or not so randomly, but when you stop to think... just curious.
I would think of myself like a person who can't control herself... definitely in a degrading way...

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:23 pm
To be perfectly honest: I think a combination of bad genes plus an emotional reason to eat too much. Weight is from excess calories. Some people need much less food than others. Food is a comfort to many people and if you have bad genes for metabolism you will become obese. I honestly feel bad for people who are obese.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:24 pm
I don’t notice weight first.

steak4me

Why would your size make me think when I walk by you?

Unless your morbidly obese that you are literally unable to walk, why would one even notice someone’s size?

And no, I would not think of someone that isn’t skinny as someone with self control issues. There are so many factors when it comes to sizing. Genetics, hormones, pregnancies, body build, medications…….

amother
Lawngreen

I usually think wow she looks so put together and so awesome for her size. That's what I usually think my husband is very large and I know large it doesn't mean lack of self control. There's a lot to it.

BokerTov

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:25 pm
Somewhat overweight and put together I don’t give a second thought. But obese I feel bad.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:25 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
To be perfectly honest: I think a combination of bad genes plus an emotional reason to eat too much. Weight is from excess calories. Some people need much less food than others. Food is a comfort to many people and if you have bad genes for metabolism you will become obese. I honestly feel bad for people who are obese.

Fix your thinking. My ~100 pound mom eats more than me. I’m morbidly obese according to BMI charts and I do not overeat, not even one bit. This post made me very sad.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:26 pm
I think fat people are nicer, funnier and more human, but that's just me. I'm not too skinny myself though. But I'm not obese either.

naturalmom5

Obesity is a disease not a character flaw...

amother
Feverfew

I think I consider the person’s “put-togetherness” more than their size. So I don’t think too much about a fat person.
The thing is that it can also harder for fat people to find classy or stylish clothing- for some reason they don’t make same range of clothing for fat people as they do for smaller people. (We have a lot of such threads here) So some might feel it’s harder to look “put -together”.
But looking put together doesn’t only mean stylish clothing. I have plenty of really fat relatives. There are the ones who are well-groomed, wear makeup, have styled wigs and nice clothing and look beautiful - and those who don’t.
And no, I don’t think the fat people eat more and have less self-control. Not sure why they’re so fat but it’s not my business.

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:27 pm
Uh nothing. Who even cares? I notice how you make me feel, not how you look.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:28 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Fix your thinking. My ~100 pound mom eats more than me. I’m morbidly obese according to BMI charts and I do not overeat, not even one bit. This post made me very sad.

The op asked a question. A poster answered it.
If you bite off everyone’s head for answering the truth, well, you just ruined op’s post.
Now people will be scared to answer what they’re really thinking.
Good going for you

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
If you bite off everyone’s head for answering the truth, well, you just ruined op’s post.
Good going for you

People are allowed to have feelings.

amother
Azalea

I don’t really think about it but if I did, the only thing I’d think is I feel bad for the struggle and medical complications that can come up. I don’t assume every fat person is an over eater with bad habits. Some people have bad genes or diseases that can cause weight gain, and a lot of times it can be hormonal changes. I would never judge a person for being fat, it would be like seeing a person with depression and judging what got them there. Obesity is a medical condition and it can be a very hard and real struggle to control it, I’m sure

amother
Maple

amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Good going for you

If she and everyone else is allowed to say what they want even if it hurts me, I’m allowed to say whatever I want too. I’m sorry if you don’t like it.

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
like honestly? for realz?
I am fat but very put together. what do you think of me when randomly walking past me? or not so randomly, but when you stop to think... just curious.
I would think of myself like a person who can't control herself... definitely in a degrading way...

Like honestly for realz, when I'm randomly walking past you, or not so randomly, when I stop to think, I have a few thoughts:
1. I never think about size, I'm more dialed in to the vibe of the person rather than to the weight/size of the person.
But now that you're asking, and I think about it, I can come up with a few thoughts:
Lucky you that you can eat well and feel ok. I wish I could eat well. Unfortunately, I have a condition that makes me unable to eat most foods you can.

I think that the way you think of yourself, in a degrading way, may be a reflection of the messages you were given as a child. I wish you were given kind messages about this.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:37 pm
Honestly I think from an appearance perspective, being put together is more noticeable than weight. I.e. I am natrually skinny (ps I dont eat particularly healthy so dont assume), but I am not really put together nowadays with little kids running around, and I dont feel good about how I look. Its currently not a priority, but the very few times I got all dressed up and left the house that wasnt for a dr. Or park, I definitely felt "prettier". So if I saw you, id probably also think "wow good for her or "I like her style" if it was my type or you'd just blend in with everyone- as usual. Wouldnt notice your weight. That being said, if its more than fat, and closer to the realm of severely overweight/obese I would notice the weight first.just as what catches my eye first, but wouldnt judge it or make any character assumptions based on weight. You never know what can contribute to that.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:38 pm
I don’t think we can make assumptions about fat people anymore than we can about thin people. I don’t think there’s a “fat personality” of davka being friendly and funny. I don’t think we can assume that fat people eat well. Or don’t eat well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

icebreaker

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:38 pm
I don’t think anything because I’m fat too!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 10:39 pm
I feel bad that they have a slower metabolism and haven’t figured out what works for them, or else it’s great that they are happy the way they are. I don’t usually think anything, but if I would choose to think about it, that’s what I would think.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise