Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
95th birthday presents?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 6:50 pm
It's my grandmother's 95th birthday in a couple of months. Any ideas for good presents? We did the family tree and family portraits and so on for her 90th birthday, so don't want to repeat that. And she wouldn't really want a gift card. I'd rather give her something real. But she has everything she needs.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 6:53 pm
An experience?
Something sentimental?
A donation to something she believes in in her honor?

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:19 pm
This is what I’m getting my grandmother for her birthday this year. If you want it to include her 95th birthday page too, only order it after her actual birthday

https://store.nytimes.com/prod.....83240

It’s a book of the front pages of The NY Times for every birthday since the person was born, so for a 95 year old it would be pretty spectacular to see I imagine

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:27 pm
I can't imagine what a 95 yr old woman could want if need. What a BAH full life.

I am picturing visits lots of them with ice cream. Maybe instead of a video a cd of different family members singing her favorite songs. maybe even one song written and recorded in her honor. Something she doesn't have to sit and watch but just listen to. Or her favorite book recorded by family so that it's an audiobook.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:36 pm
Get her a manicure in her home order in lunch that she likes. I would like that now for my bday I think maybe when I'm 95 I would still enjoy that

sky

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:48 pm
We printed a cookbook of her recipes for the family.
It was meaningful for everyone.
We also made a memory scrapbook were every child and grandchild wrote a letter with a picture.

A family portrait of all decendants is also gorgeous but difficult to arrange

Last edited by sky on Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:49 pm
New set of dentures?

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:50 pm
You can ask every person who’s meaningful to her to wish her happy birthday or other nice things and compile that into one thing

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:53 pm
A photo blanket collage.

Record an interview, of her life and your family history. Transcribe it and hand out copies.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

trixx

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
You can ask every person who’s meaningful to her to wish her happy birthday or other nice things and compile that into one thing

Include former students, old neighbors, childhood friends (whoever is still around)

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:01 pm
Nice ideas. I was going to say give tzedaka in her honor. Maybe sponsor a year of Daily Giving. Or you can do it by the month.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:08 pm
Is there some kind of special treat she enjoys?
When my grandmother was well into her 90s, she didn't want anyone buying expensive gifts for her, but she had a sweet tooth and was happy to accept a gift of chocolates etc. Of course, she would serve it to any visitors over the next few days, but I think that was also part of the pleasure she got out of it!
Hope your grandmother enjoys many healthy years until 120!

mommybrr

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:15 pm
Digital photo frame filled with pics of her children and grandchildren.
And/or pics of her over the years from her childhood till today

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 9:19 pm
There's a really simple tablet that people can use WhatsApp or similar to call her on video chat. I don't know exactly what it's called, but it was specifically made for elderly people who aren't technologically inclined. Not sure if this is something that would work with your family but just an idea.
Mazel tov on the huge milestone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics