Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
How to keep Fried shnitzel good, made in advance

newbie613

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:14 pm
I want to fry schnitzel earlier in the afternoon so I’m not busy with it when the kids get home. How do I keep it tasting good and crispy, like it just came out of the frying pan?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:25 pm
That's a great question. I'm still trying to figure it out so many years down the line. Smile
I sometimes try to lightly refry just before serving to heat it up and to keep the crisp. It also needs to be uncovered I think.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:28 pm
Frankly it is not possible because anything fried is meant to be eaten as soon as it is cooked. Some foods are just meant to be eaten immediately and some foods actually improve when reheated like braised dishes and stews.

You could try oven "frying" instead of frying on the stove. That way you could pop the already breaded food in the oven and it wouldn't require the same type of attention as a stove top frying does.

crossroad

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:34 pm
I found not putting it on a paper towel and just staight into a tin keeps them tasting moist and reheats really well.

newbie613

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:47 pm
crossroad wrote:
I found not putting it on a paper towel and just staight into a tin keeps them tasting moist and reheats really well.

And you reheat uncovered in the oven?

#ibelieve

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:55 pm
You can try putting it on a metal cooling rack so it stays crispy and it doesn’t sit in a soggy paper towel

crossroad

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 2:25 pm
newbie613 wrote:
And you reheat uncovered in the oven?

Yes

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 2:47 pm
If you have a fleishig betty Crocker then reheat it there (or “fry” it there in the first place)

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 2:49 pm
You can bread everything and then clean up the mess so when the kids come home all you do is fry it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus