Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would you have said something?

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 6:10 pm
Was in the pharmacy and noticed a little jewish boy in the store. His shirt had some blood on it and his face had a bite or something and more blood. I kept debating if I should ask him something like are you ok and idk what else.
The cashier asked him if he needs a bandaid and then he touched his face and his hand came away bloody. He didn't know he was bleeding I guess

Would you have gone over to him?

Reality

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 6:17 pm
Me? Yes. That's my personality. I would offer anything I had on me to help. Water, baby wipe, bandaid. I have done this many times on the street or in the park etc.

happy chick

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 6:21 pm
Yes, definitely.

Stars

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 6:23 pm
Yes.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:48 pm
Of course. If a little boy, he wouldn't have to be Jewish and if Jewish, he wouldn't have to be a little boy.

ETA, a little boy wandering around a store all by himself, bleeding or not, is cause for concern.

Last edited by zaq on Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

lk1234

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:57 pm
Yes 100% - boy, girl, young or old - yes I would intervene and offer help if I saw someone bleeding.

SYA

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 8:55 pm
I would step in and ask if they’re ok, if they need help... Notify parents if necessary...

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 1:54 am
I would be wary actually... I'd try to see if his parents are around or if I could call them first. I'm really uncomfortable touching strange kids. I'd sooner hand him supplies and have him clean himself off.

M0mmy

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 2:44 am
Crookshanks wrote:
I would be wary actually... I'd try to see if his parents are around or if I could call them first. I'm really uncomfortable touching strange kids. I'd sooner hand him supplies and have him clean himself off.

I don't think anyone suggested that OP (or people in general) should touch him (necessarily). Just inquire as to his well-being, offer help, and possibly inform parents, etc.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 2:46 am
M0mmy wrote:
I don't think anyone suggested that OP (or people in general) should touch him (necessarily). Just inquire as to his well-being, offer help, and possibly inform parents, etc.

That makes more sense. And this is why all kids should know their phone numbers by heart...

Teomima

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:35 am
Of course. A young child, alone and bleeding? Doesn't matter boy or girl, Jewish or not. I'd like to think another kind soul would help my own child in such a situation.

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:44 am
Teomima wrote:
Of course. A young child, alone and bleeding? Doesn't matter boy or girl, Jewish or not. I'd like to think another kind soul would help my own child in such a situation.

Same. Of course I would help any person who is bleeding.

Rappel

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:57 am
Ima Piano wrote:
Was in the pharmacy and noticed a little jewish boy in the store. His shirt had some blood on it and his face had a bite or something and more blood. I kept debating if I should ask him something like are you ok and idk what else.
The cashier asked him if he needs a bandaid and then he touched his face and his hand came away bloody. He didn't know he was bleeding I guess

Would you have gone over to him?

What kind of bite? How old was the boy? This sounds concerning

banana123

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:58 am
essie14 wrote:
Same. Of course I would help any person who is bleeding.

Terrorists included?

banana123

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:59 am
Rappel wrote:
What kind of bite? How old was the boy? This sounds concerning

This. A million red lights are blinking in my head.

trixx

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:57 am
Absolutely would have asked him. And I teach my kids that a mommy with a stroller is a safe person (or cashier or cop)

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:11 am
A bleeding child alone in a store? Of course I'd ask if he was okay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics