Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
If you are a bais sura (bp) graduate
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:36 pm
in the past few years, Mrs Sofer, Mrs Sternfeld, Leser, Weisblum, Reichman left. I heard the preschool principal left too, but have not confirmed

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
He was when I was there. I once tried to get him fired, but there was no proof of anything at that point. Just him being creepy, walking a bit too close to girls etc., but he hadn't done anything yet. There was a different worker in camp that did, though, and he was gone right after someone said something.

Many people complained about Spikey, but nobody ever did anything about it... until one smart women reported it to Dov Hikind and word spread. About 100 people called into Hikind's office and many mothers said they're not sending to school until something is done.
May I ask what the other worker did?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:42 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
Thank god
When I was in school he was regarded as a God.
Spikey I think was in camp with us. I remember there were stories not sure if it was him.

He was really creepy in camp. He once followed one of my classmates all around the camp grounds, she ran into the bathroom to hide and he followed her inside Punch Punch Punch

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He was really creepy in camp. He once followed one of my classmates all around the camp grounds, she ran into the bathroom to hide and he followed her inside Punch Punch Punch

We’re you there when he took a girls camera and demanded a kiss to give it back?

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
in the past few years, Mrs Sofer, Mrs Sternfeld, Leser, Weisblum, Reichman left. I heard the preschool principal left too, but have not confirmed

Let’s just be clear that Sofer was kicked out. Not sure about the others. Pity I wasn’t there when things got chaotic I would’ve loved to see that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:52 pm
We’re you there when he took a girls camera and demanded a kiss to give it back?

HUHHHHH? sick! never heard about that.... Can't Believe It

But he only gave peanut butter to girls who flirted with him. Puke

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:54 pm
Let’s just be clear that Sofer was kicked out. Not sure about the others. Pity I wasn’t there when things got chaotic I would’ve loved to see that.

LOL she wasn't my principal, but I had her sister as my teacher Tongue Out Punch Twisted Evil Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yeah peanut butter was a big deal

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:00 pm
Thank god
When I was in school he was regarded as a God.
Spikey I think was in camp with us. I remember there were stories not sure if it was him.

Most of the stories in camp were from Nick who got fired. He hugged someone, asked someone for a kiss, that story with the camera... There was a story with Hector (aka spikey) where he closed the fridge door in the family dining room when someone was in there. He claimed he didn't know someone was there and he just pushed the door closed while cleaning the room (prob not true, but no way to prove it). That fridge had a safety handle on the inside, so no one was really in danger, just really spooked. But Hector creeped everyone out for years- the way he would look at us, girls; eww! But there weren't any stories of him actually doing something except walking too close for comfort, and swiping by people who were in the way when he was sweeping instead of saying excuse me. Rude and super creepy, but nothing that can legally get him fired, until there was Sad But we all saw that coming, and they should have found a way to fire him years before they did.

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Most of the stories in camp were from Nick who got fired. He hugged someone, asked someone for a kiss, that story with the camera... There was a story with Hector (aka spikey) where he closed the fridge door in the family dining room when someone was in there. He claimed he didn't know someone was there and he just pushed the door closed while cleaning the room (prob not true, but no way to prove it). That fridge had a safety handle on the inside, so no one was really in danger, just really spooked. But Hector creeped everyone out for years- the way he would look at us, girls; eww! But there weren't any stories of him actually doing something except walking too close for comfort, and swiping by people who were in the way when he was sweeping instead of saying excuse me. Rude and super creepy, but nothing that can legally get him fired, until there was Sad But we all saw that coming, and they should have found a way to fire him years before they did.

But we all know rabbi Klien could not care less

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:05 pm

That was nick, not Spikey. That guy was fired when a girl spoke up. She was really vocal about it and made sure everyone knew what happened. That's when the camera story and another few came out. The camera story happened about 1-2 weeks prior to him getting fired. Nick was the guy that was really artistic and he carved wood for stage props and even painted a scenery. The wooden camp symbol in the office is his handiwork.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, if that happens his school will be OVER!
it's going down the drain as is, but if he takes over fugghedaboudit

ETA: he was Yiddish HS principal for one year (the year I was in 8th grade). Then, Shternfeld took over

The school is not going down the drain at all! I was very skeptical about the school when I started sending my daughter there- but over the years I started being thrilled!- and I'm a very discriminating customer. Most of my girls' teachers were really good and my daughters are doing very well there academically and socially and have a great group of friends.
They did have a bit of a problem with the high school apparently but they seem to be working on it and building it up and I'm anticipating a great ninth grade this coming year. I'm looking forward to having my dd be a 2025 Bais Sarah graduate.

Mrs. Melber is still the preschool director.

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

K, that's gross. I didn't know that. Wasn't so big on PB.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
The school is not going down the drain at all! I was very skeptical about the school when I started sending my daughter there- but over the years I started being thrilled!- and I'm a very discriminating customer. Most of my girls' teachers were really good and my daughters are doing very well there academically and socially and have a great group of friends.
They did have a bit of a problem with the high school apparently but they seem to be working on it and building it up and I'm anticipating a great ninth grade this coming year. I'm looking forward to having my dd be a 2025 Bais Sarah graduate.

glad to hear ur happy there... I know many ppl who aren't

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:11 pm
But we all know rabbi Klien could not care less

He should have been more proactive and sent Hector packing just for the fact that the girls felt uncomfortable. He was prob afraid of the legal repercussions of firing him with no real reason, and of Hector causing issues for his school if he wanted payback. But if he would have really wanted to, he could've looked deep enough to find a reason. And also, safety always before business. I can't know, though, if he wasn't seeing what we all foresaw, was naive, or if he takkeh didn't care.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
glad to hear ur happy there... I know many ppl who aren't

I know many people who aren't happy in many schools.
The school isn't perfect. I can choose to send my DD to a school such as Bais Yaakov, my own alma mater, a school with a top rated curriculum, well run and extremely organized, excellent extracurricular program, but then I'd be giving up the chassidish environment and hashkafa I'm looking for. I can choose to send my daughter to another excellent chassidish school such as Bnos Zion of Bobov and have my DD feel out of place, not being from a Bobover family. I think Nesivos Bais Yaakov is a fantastic school and attracts girls from very fine homes, and I would have loved to have my DDs be a part of it, but it's just not chassidish enough for my family. You gotta choose your priorities. It actually took me years to learn to be happy there. It was not my first choice. I would like to keep my anonymity since I've discussed this in real life, so will not share the reason why I ended up there, but I did not send to Bais Sarah because I couldn't get in elsewhere. I could have easily gotten in elsewhere. Bais Sarah exceeded my expectations during COVID and I came to the realization that I was in love with the school. My DDs also love school and my eldest DD actually chose to attend Bais Sarah High School.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Many people complained about Spikey, but nobody ever did anything about it... until one smart women reported it to Dov Hikind and word spread. About 100 people called into Hikind's office and many mothers said they're not sending to school until something is done.
May I ask what the other worker did?

That wasn't quite what happened. Someone spread a WhatsApp voicenote and it went viral.
The rumors were probably true, but it wasn't because of someone reaching out to Dov Hikind. Just wanted to clarify that.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:40 pm

Hi fellow mom!
I can’t quite identify myself but I wonder if we’ve met at school PTA’s or parties!!!

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:42 pm
I know many people who aren't happy in many schools.
The school isn't perfect. I can choose to send my DD to a school such as Bais Yaakov, my own alma mater, a school with a top rated curriculum, well run and extremely organized, excellent extracurricular program, but then I'd be giving up the chassidish environment and hashkafa I'm looking for. I can choose to send my daughter to another excellent chassidish school such as Bnos Zion of Bobov and have my DD feel out of place, not being from a Bobover family. It actually took me years to learn to be happy there. It was not my first choice. I would like to keep my anonymity since I've discussed this in real life, so will not share the reason why I ended up there, but I did not send to Bais Sarah because I couldn't get in elsewhere. I could have easily gotten in elsewhere. Bais Sarah exceeded my expectations during COVID and I came to the realization that I was in love with the school. My DDs also love school and my eldest DD actually chose to attend Bais Sarah High School.

Wow! What impressed you during covid???

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Hi fellow mom!
I can’t quite identify myself but I wonder if we’ve met at school PTA’s or parties!!!

Perhaps!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics