Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vaccine if already recovered?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:08 am
I think in general vaccines come with risks, but the rewards outweigh the risks. However, in the case of someone who already had the virus, I'm undecided if it's worth the possible risks of getting the shot, since I probably already have some level of immunity. If you had it already, are you vaxing/vaxxed? My husband feels I shouldn't, but the choice is mine, at the end of the day.

We are pro-vaxxers, just to make that clear.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:10 am
What is your question?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:12 am
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
What is your question?

I had corona, should I get the vax anyway? And want to hear from others who are in the same position what choice they made, and open general conversation about it.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had corona, should I get the vax anyway? And want to hear from others who are in the same position what choice they made, and open general conversation about it.

I did. So did my whole family. This is a decision only you can make

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:19 am
Why do you feel the need to get vaccinated if you already have antibodies? Majority of people with antibodies haven't gotten covid twice. And some people with the vaccine still get covid.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:21 am
Have you spoken to your doctor to get your doctor's medical recommendation for you?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
Why do you feel the need to get vaccinated if you already have antibodies? Majority of people with antibodies haven't gotten covid twice. And some people with the vaccine still get covid.

Not everyone who recovered has antibodies. Mine faded within 6 months.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:26 am
No.
And this article is very informative. https://unbekoming.substack.co.....cines

amother
Ballota

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:27 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
No.

I'll read it when the blogger learns to spell 'becoming'

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:27 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
No.

Hahah yes just keep sharing this.

OP: please not the spelling of the word unbecoming. It may help you decide how much weight to give it

gootlfriends

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:30 am
My father had mild covid April last year and lots of antibodies in may. Well in November he got covid again and nearly died.

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:31 am
Not everyone who recovered has antibodies. Mine faded within 6 months.

Not everyone who is vaccinated has antibodies either.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:39 am
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
Not everyone who is vaccinated has antibodies either.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-de.....afety

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:43 am
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/antibody-testing-not-currently-recommended-assess-immunity-after-covid-19-vaccination-fda-safety

So if you have antibodies but didn't have the vaccine you may not be protected. But if you have no antibodies but you had the vaccine you are protected. The double standard really makes no sense to me.

cuties' mom

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:47 am
I got tested for antibodies 3 months after having covid. I didn't have antibodies so I got vaccinated. My kids had covid in December. They aren't vaccinated yet. Ds 14 will get the shot right after he comes home from camp. I asked his doctor if it's necessary to get the shot if he already had covid. The doctor said yes since antibodies don't last forever, and since ds 14 has really bad asthma, he got very sick. We don't want that to happen again.
I'm stalling for ds 12. The doctor said he should get vaccinated in a hospital setting since he has severe food allergies with possible anaphylaxis. I think I'll get him tested for antibodies after tisha b'av and decide from there.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:48 am
From what I understand, immunity does not begin or end with antibodies. They are only part of the picture.

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:52 am
Hahah yes just keep sharing this.

OP: please not the spelling of the word unbecoming. It may help you decide how much weight to give it

**note

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:55 am
From what I have read from reputable sources, if you have recovered from Covid, getting one shot of the Moderna or Pfizer greatly boosts what appears to be your immunity especially in the long term.

Since I had no qualms about getting my Moderna shots as soon as I was eligible, I would most certainly get a vaccination if I had recovered from COVID because I want to do everything possible to ensure that I don't get Covid and if I do that it will be either mild or asymptomatic.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From what I understand, immunity does not begin or end with antibodies. They are only part of the picture.

This! Look up the science!!

And fyi I have heard that many people who got vaccine after covid had worse side effects from vaccine. My friend had to call hatzalah for her husband who had trouble breathing.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 10:45 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
This! Look up the science!!

And fyi I have heard that many people who got vaccine after covid had worse side effects from vaccine. My friend had to call hatzalah for her husband who had trouble breathing.

Maybe so. But tons like me who had zero side effects from the vaccine too!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics