Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Eggs per person
Previous  1  2

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:45 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
I don't think it matters if you don't eat eggs every day. It's not healthy to eat 4 eggs in 1 day.

My Husband is a good eager and even for him a 3 egg omelet is plenty

Plus don’t people eat eggs as part of a meal? Alongside bread or with cheese and/or veggies, or Potatoes of some kind. I can’t imagine eating 4 eggs PLUS other food too

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:49 pm
Funnily when I have an omelet I have 2 but when I make a sunny side up I need three.

I use the same amount of oil spray in each so I’m not sure why.

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:51 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
My Husband is a good eager and even for him a 3 egg omelet is plenty

Plus don’t people eat eggs as part of a meal? Alongside bread or with cheese and/or veggies, or Potatoes of some kind. I can’t imagine eating 4 eggs PLUS other food too

An omelet typically has milk added, cheese, and often other things too. A single fried egg is about 90 calories. If you can't imagine eating more than a 360 calorie meal, that may be fine for you, but it's hardly a universal standard.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:51 pm
The local breakfast place in my area has a 2 egg omelet in a sandwich or 4 eggs if you skip the bread. I am nursing and always starving so for me its good but for your average person its a huge portion.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:40 pm
Two eggs are the normal portion for people just as a normal portion of chicken is 4 to 6 ounces.

Maybe a teenage boy who is very active would eat a larger portion but these really large portions seem out of line whatever the food is. You balance a meal with fruit and a whole grain for a healthy meal. For lunch or dinner you serve the protein with vegetables amd a complex carb.

Maybe issues of weight are in part becaise these very large portions are fed to children and viewed as normal diet.

I think most babies and toddlers would have one egg as a normal serving. It would be based on what their total calorie intake would be. An egg is approximately 90 calories and that starts adding up to too many calories potentially when you add in other foods eaten in a normal day and for a balanced diet.

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 6:59 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
An omelet typically has milk added, cheese, and often other things too. A single fried egg is about 90 calories. If you can't imagine eating more than a 360 calorie meal, that may be fine for you, but it's hardly a universal standard.

Sorry no. I meant a plain omelet. Just eggs. I meant 3 eggs plus whatever else is served. So people just sit down to eggs with nothing else.With it? No bread or matzah? No cheese or meat or veg or fruit?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:

My omelet is just a spray of olive oil, and eggs with a bit of salt. Nothing else added.

small bean

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
Sorry no. I meant a plain omelet. Just eggs. I meant 3 eggs plus whatever else is served. So people just sit down to eggs with nothing else.With it? No bread or pmatzah? No cheese or meat or veg or fruit?

My kids eat either plain scrambled or hard boiled eggs with nothing else. They are not into bread and carbs. They usually eat 2 sometimes more.

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 7:17 pm
small bean wrote:
My kids eat either plain scrambled or hard boiled eggs with nothing else. They are not into bread and carbs. They usually eat 2 sometimes more.

Maybe that’s what I’m missing. I always serve a protein alongside a carb (pasta, rice, bread, etc) and a veg.

avital613

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 6:56 am
I made breakfast this morning for 37 seventh and eighth graders, I used 84 eggs (36 in shakshuka and 48 in scrambled eggs) they ate cherios, vegetables, bread and cheese as well. There was very little egg leftover so pretty sure 2.27 per kid was a good guess
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children