Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My Unorthodox Life
  1  2  3  16  17  18  Next

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:28 pm
I just got my Netflix alert and this reality series is premiering July 14

Follow Julia Haart, Elite World Group CEO and a former member of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish community, and her adult kids in this reality series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/....._HERO

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:31 pm
Under "LGBTQ TV shows" also.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:32 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
Under "LGBTQ TV shows" also.

Why is it under that designation?

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Why is it under that designation?

My best guess? At least one member of the family is gay and their gay journey is explored on the show.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:34 pm
I have no idea as the only thing I know about it is the email from Netflix and what is on the website link.

If I had to guess, perhaps one of the children is gay. If the woman is gay that would have been a major life style shift since she appears to have a good amount of children.

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:37 pm
The younger daughter is bi.

I was classmates and very good friends with one of them and I find the story heartbreaking.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:38 pm
She is not gay - from wikipedia. She appears to be divorced and married to her second husband

Talia Leibov was born in Moscow in 1971. At age 3, Leibov and her immediate family immigrated to Rome, then to Vienna, before settling in Austin, Texas at age five. Leibov's parents were Orthodox Jews. At age 7 Leibov and her family moved to the Orthodox community in Monsey, New York, where Leibov attended Bais Yaakov Girls school. After graduating Leibov became a teacher of Jewish philosophy. At 19 Talia married Yossef Hendler, a Yeshiva student five years her senior. After leaving the community in 2013, Haart founded her shoe company, Julia Haart. In 2016, she joined La Perla as Creative Director. In 2019, she became CEO and CCO of Elite World Group.

Elite World Group

Julia Haart is the Co-Owner and Group CEO of Elite World Group - the talent media conglomerate comprising 48 global agencies, that represents over 5,400 talents, including actors, artists, athletes, celebrities, models, musicians, and virtual avatars.[8] EWG, through its talent roster, reaches two billion social media users worldwide. Under Haart’s leadership, EWG set out to transform the traditional talent management business.[9] Elite World Group includes global brands Elite Model Management, Women Model Management, The Society Model Management, Supreme, 360, Stage, and the Creatives. Elite World top talent in the network include Kendall Jenner, Rita Ora, Adriana Lima, Irina Shayk, Behati Prinsloo, Josephine Skriver, Izabel Goulart, Liu Wen, Willow Smith, Jasmine Sanders, and Jourdan Dunn.[1]

The Elite World Group transformation under Julia Haart was commented on in a Vogue Business interview, where chief marketing officer of Launchmetrics Alison Levy Bringé stated that: “The concept of an agency like Elite building a department that specifically focuses on [influencer marketing] help set their talent apart.”[10]
Haart’s focus at EWG is on v-commerce, virtual content, immersive experiences and avatars, with the creation of a virtual marketing company – EWG Virtual.

Additionally, Haart is the Creative Director of e1972, a luxury fashion brand launched by Elite World.[11] The collection received a lot of positive media attention.[12] The made-to-measure brand was celebrated for its "innovation, inclusivity and inspiring message of empowerment."[13]. e1972 introduced new body scanning technology and an e-commerce platform.[14]

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:38 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
The younger daughter is bi.

I was classmates and very good friends with one of them and I find the story heartbreaking.

Where are they from? Israel?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:40 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
Where are they from? Israel?

Monsey

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:41 pm
Where does the name Hart come from? Leibov=lev?

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:43 pm
Where does the name Hart come from? Leibov=lev?

Thanks what I was thinking also. Plus I read that julia married out.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:45 pm
Her wikipedia page provides background information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Haart

Her second husband is

Silvio Scaglia (born October 14, in Lucerne, Switzerland) is an Italian media and technological entrepreneur. Scaglia is the founder of Fastweb, an Italian telecommunications company which provides landline, broadband, Internet and IPTV services, and Babelgum, a free-to-view Internet television platform. Scaglia also founded Pacific Global Management Group (PGM),[1] which is now Freedom Holding Inc., a US based company that he co-owns with his wife, Julia Haart. Freedom Holding Inc. controls the Elite World Group, a global network of talent media agencies,[2] and SHS management, a knowledge-based, quantitative, asset management company powered by AI technology, which Scaglia founded in 2020.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Scaglia

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:46 pm
There are frum women in interesting fields- is head of global talent agency still out of reach for someone living as a shomer Torah umitzvos?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:49 pm
Also, to leave the community in 2013 and 3 years later to be Creative Director of La Perla is extremely accomplished!!! I wonder what she was doing before.

Einikel

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:54 pm
They couldn’t come up with a more original name? They already have the series Unorthodox.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 12:58 pm
Also, to leave the community in 2013 and 3 years later to be Creative Director of La Perla is extremely accomplished!!! I wonder what she was doing before.

I believe she had her own shoe brand first. I'm guessing she was designing before that, albeit for a different audience. The better question is where did she get the money to launch a shoe line immediately after leaving Monsey.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 1:00 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I believe she had her own shoe brand first. I'm guessing she was designing before that, albeit for a different audience. The better question is where did she get the money to launch a shoe line immediately after leaving Monsey.

I mean even before the shoe line. Wonder what the trajectory was. Cool.

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 1:12 pm
Both elite modeling and la Perla are owned by her new husband. That's how someone with no experience and possibly no college education got those high level jobs.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 1:12 pm
Perhaps she received money from her divorce settlement.

She does appear to have remarkable talents.

In 2013, Haart launched her shoe collection, creating a high heeled shoe that evenly distributes pressure across the entire foot. To do this, she partnered with an Italian ski boot engineer and a German company that creates a gel used to insulate the NASA space station.[4]
Haart has two global patents pending relating to the comfort and wearability of her shoe design

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 1:16 pm
Amarante wrote:
Perhaps she received money from her divorce settlement.

She does appear to have remarkable talents.

In 2013, Haart launched her shoe collection, creating a high heeled shoe that evenly distributes pressure across the entire foot. To do this, she partnered with an Italian ski boot engineer and a German company that creates a gel used to insulate the NASA space station.[4]
Haart has two global patents pending relating to the comfort and wearability of her shoe design

What was she doing before that? Before she divorced?
Did anyone have her, Mrs. Hendler I presume, as their hashkafa teacher in Monsey?
Page 1 of 18   1  2  3  16  17  18  Next Recent Topics