Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My Unorthodox Life
  Previous  1  2  3 15 16  17  18  Next

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:42 pm
I don’t have tic tok either so not sure where part 2 is

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:01 am
I’m so curious if they will bring up in the show how Julia upped and left her entire family behind including all the kids and didn’t have a relationship with them for a couple of years. Batsheva was the one taking care of everything, kids, laundry, dinner, homework etc..

balibusta

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:03 am
Does Batsheva have children?

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I’m so curious if they will bring up in the show how Julia upped and left her entire family behind including all the kids and didn’t have a relationship with them for a couple of years. Batsheva was the one taking care of everything, kids, laundry, dinner, homework etc..

my guess is they will sugar coat it, but I don't plan on watching the show, so I will have no idea....
so sad how this ended up....that the kids ended up being influenced too and following her....

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:04 am
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
What’s also gross is the Kardashian aspect of the show !
Like ok lady you don’t want to be frum that’s fine , but common you are like 50 pls put on some clothing !!
To dress like this in front of your kids ??🤨🤨🙈🙈🙈

The kids dress the same. Everyone around her dresses the same. Honestly, no one thinks twice about it in the secular world.
I just don't get why she couldn't get a boob job. At least then it'd look pretty.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:08 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Ouch! Was it before or after Batsheva got married? Kids stayed with her ex? It was after she left the community, 8 y ago?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:11 am
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
that the kids ended up being influenced too and following her....

I found it interesting that her kids took on her new last name (not sure about the youngest one). Pretty telling, imo

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:12 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
The kids dress the same. Everyone around her dresses the same. Honestly, no one thinks twice about it in the secular world.
I just don't get why she couldn't get a boob job. At least then it'd look pretty

This was pure LH.
And not nice to say either.
Please, lets keep this thread to a discussion without calling people names or insulting their looks.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:

To the posters saying that if someone would say that your community was too restrictive for them you wouldn't be offended.

We also wouldn't be offended if that's what she was saying.

Would you also be ok if someone took your community and told a lie to millions of people about it?

How would it feel to hear that someone made a Netflix movie titled-
Modern Orthodoxy- Busted.

And the storyline or the 'documentary' would be something like this;

I grew up in the upper west side.

Everyone there is spoiled, everyone has millions and they use it to pay for their luxurious trips and to hire cheap labor.

They all get away with paying their employees, their nannies and their laborers less than minimum wage.

We were not so rich and therfore I was bullied every single day in school by the richies.

Oh! And the horrors of coming to shul and having to cover my body! The body shaming that is going on!

And the raping that is going on but is being pushed under the rug because there's enough money to shush the victims up.

And the youth is being brainwashed that Isreal is the only good thing that ever happened to us.
We are taught to fight for something that is controversial to the rest of the world. How limiting!!

I'm so happy I got out! I'm free.

Of course, this is a lie. But if Netflix makes something out of it a few times this will become the truth in everyone's head.

You wouldn't be offended. You would know its a lie or a horrible distortion of the truth.

But you would be appaled, angry, upset and hurt for being thrown under the bus.

That's what we are.

This.

The difference between those who are upset about this and those who aren't is that no movie has been made yet about your particular group you see yourself belonging to. I guess when it is we'll say "I told you so".

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:48 am
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
Here is a little about Batsheva in her own words
https://t.tiktok.com/i18n/shar.....embed

She didn’t say it was arranged.

rikkik

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:05 am
I hate to write this, but the younger girl seems to be very at home and settled in a secular life. The other children appear to have grappled more with guilt and inner conflict.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:29 am
Deleted

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 2:24 am
balibusta wrote:
Does Batsheva have children?

No

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:17 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
I found it interesting that her kids took on her new last name (not sure about the youngest one). Pretty telling, imo

The last one has shared custody with the father.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 7:09 am
Whether they are OTD or not, I think this whole thread should be removed as it could really be all LH
Its the 9 days, I'm not saying that they are in any correct in what they are doing or that this show is in any way ok, but I'm not sure that we are allowed to be discussing it in a public forum like this
Until a Rav is consulted the thread should be locked.
And obviously no one show watch this show...

elisheva25

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 9:01 am
A response to all this craziness , I am sure more will be coming ….
https://youtu.be/4AEpH9apEM0

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:40 pm
I havent read through 16 pages, but has she offered her reason (or reasons) for going OTD, in any interviews?

And has she spoken about at what point in her life, how young she was, when she even started to think of the desire and the possibility of leaving?

Was she ever part of Footsteps?

Does she mention if she has a relationship with any frum relatives?

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 3:18 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I havent read through 16 pages, but has she offered her reason (or reasons) for going OTD, in any interviews?

And has she spoken about at what point in her life, how young she was, when she even started to think of the desire and the possibility of leaving?

Was she ever part of Footsteps?

Does she mention if she has a relationship with any frum relatives?

Apparently she left cause her daughter asked her why cant she sing, dance or bike In front of men.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 3:21 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Apparently she left cause her daughter asked her why cant she sing, dance or bike In front of men.

Seriously? That was her problem?

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 3:41 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Seriously? That was her problem?

That's what she said in the tralier or the book. Guess we have to wait till it airs for someone to tell us.
Page 16 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 15 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics