Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:53 am
Anyone here? Hi

Not ready to post the year I graduated but going back a nice amount of years.

De besta mosdos oif de mark...

Anyone willing to chime in with memories?

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:09 pm
Bai's ruchel bura park, dee beats moisdas zee shtite shark....

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:12 pm
Are you in my grade? Color war:
צוועליף יאר זאלסטו ציילן פון ווען די ביסט אריינגעקימען אין די ערשטע קלאס

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:06 pm
so far back, where it is now ateres Chaya there was an actual yard?... and tons of games of mechanayim going at once in the yard, and if you dare run in after the second bell.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:26 pm
Mrs. Kleinman was still principal so I am guessing that y'all are younger. Did you have Mrs. Honig for your principal? She was my eighth and tenth grade teacher and was awesome so no surprise that she became principal.
Did you have Mrs. Steinwurtzel for english? I dont think I will ever forget her with her demanding to know who is the madman of the story. LOL

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Mrs. Kleinman was still principal so I am guessing that y'all are younger. Did you have Mrs. Honig for your principal? She was my eighth and tenth grade teacher and was awesome so no surprise that she became principal.
Did you have Mrs. Steinwurtzel for english? I dont think I will ever forget her with her demanding to know who is the madman of the story. LOL

Are you my grade?? My classmate/grademate answered her hoping she won't hear that she's the madman. Boy was she MAD! LOL. She said it pretty low but too loud for her to hear. LOL

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:30 pm
Mrs Honig was my principal. Steinwurtzl 9th and 11th grade teacher. Don’t specifically have any great fond cute memories 🙄

Editing to add that Mrs Berkowitz was the funniest teacher. When I think back to her classes I laugh. Either out the window or out the dawwwww

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
Mrs Honig was my principal. Steinwurtzl 9th and 11th grade teacher. Don’t specifically have any great fond cute memories 🙄

Editing to add that Mrs Berkowitz was the funniest teacher. When I think back to her classes I laugh. Either out the window or out the dawwwww

I'm older than you. Honig taught me and I didn't have a Berkowitz as a teacher.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:43 pm
Anybody had Mrs. Bornstein?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Are you my grade?? My classmate/grademate answered her hoping she won't hear that she's the madman. Boy was she MAD! LOL. She said it pretty low but too loud for her to hear. LOL

I dont remember if anyone even answered her but I will never forget that tiny woman screaming at the top of her lungs "WHO IS THE MADMAN OF THE STORY, MISS __". Wow. It was shocking that this happened in a satmar school which is presumably why I remember it.

I also remember the typing classes we were forced to go to. FF, CC, BB, etc. All on typewriters. Dont remember the name of the poor typing teacher but I hope they upgraded to computers.

And the sewing classes once a week for the entire yiddish half of the day was torture, I have PTSD (post traumatic sewing disorder) from it and cant stand seeing a sewing machine. I was glad I had friends who hated it as much as I did and we just had as much fun as possible. I doubt anyone sews today with the tznius clothing we can get at stores and I hope they got rid of the class altogether. Or at least offered other options for students who have no interest in sewing but want to learn other skills.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:49 pm
I dont remember if anyone even answered her but I will never forget that tiny woman screaming at the top of her lungs "WHO IS THE MADMAN OF THE STORY, MISS __". Wow. It was shocking that this happened in a satmar school which is presumably why I remember it.

I also remember the typing classes we were forced to go to. FF, CC, BB, etc. All on typewriters. Dont remember the name of the poor typing teacher but I hope they upgraded to computers.

And the sewing classes once a week for the entire yiddish half of the day was torture, I have PTSD (post traumatic sewing disorder) from it and cant stand seeing a sewing machine. I was glad I had friends who hated it as much as I did and we just had as much fun as possible. I doubt anyone sews today with the tznius clothing we can get at stores and I hope they got rid of the class altogether. Or at least offered other options for students who have no interest in sewing but want to learn other skills.

Yes. I remember typing. Something ending in a "witz"

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:

You are younger than me.
Is Berkowitz a satmar graduate? What is her first name and maiden name?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:19 pm
You are younger than me.
Is Berkowitz a satmar graduate? What is her first name and maiden name?

Mrs Berkowitz taught in satmer willi for years before she went to bp. Her name is mindy Berkowitz maiden meizlik. Think its the same person. Every day was a story for itself

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:19 pm
Oh wow the madman I would've never remembered that lol. And gerunds! Oh god the stuff of nightmares. Can't Believe It
Mrs Berkowitz was my 10th grade math teacher. "Ya got ants in your pants or verbal diarrhea?!" If you remember this you were in my grade. I graduated 2010.
Im so curious who y'all are, if I know you. Do you all still look like satmar grads?

Eta I still couldnt tell you whats a gerund todays days

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Oh wow the madman I would've never remembered that lol. And gerunds! Oh god the stuff of nightmares. Can't Believe It
Mrs Berkowitz was my 10th grade math teacher. "Ya got ants in your pants or verbal diarrhea?!" If you remember this you were in my grade. I graduated 2010.
Im so curious who y'all are, if I know you. Do you all still look like satnar grads?

I'm older than you. Quite a few yrs older but I still look like a satmar grad. Proud to say so. Even though I'm here on imamother.
Tongue Out

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:26 pm

Mrs Abramowitz a"h. Passed away a few years ago. Poor woman.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:30 pm
im proud to say I dont look like a satmar grad.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:33 pm

I thought I heard so. I wasn't sure.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:00 pm

Yes, Mrs. Abramowitz. Thank you. She taught my class over 20 years ago and wasnt young at the time so it makes sense that she already died. Unless you are saying that she had some illness? But I did feel bad for her because I heard her home life wasnt so good but not sure if that was true.

And does anyone remember the name of the english principal who told us that her door is always open to us but then sent us away when we tested that theory? She was a short woman but cant remember her name now.

Anyone else got their GED and college degree?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Anybody had Mrs. Bornstein?

She was the BEST
I miss her!
Mrs Bornstein, if you’re on here, I’d love to tell you how much you meant to us- being a teacher that not only made learning fun & easy but most of for CARING so much for your students!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics