Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, I repeat you seem to be very much in pain. No, satmar isn’t perfect but I doubt there’s any school on the globe that is 100% perfect. And no, I absolutely feel zero neglect on their part! They gave me wonderful school years. A solid Jewish education. Lots of fun! I feel tremendous hakaros hatov to that place and have great memories! I also had a great office job after school until a few years into my marriage when DH became the breadwinner! Don’t feel I’m lacking anything even though I have no degree! My many friends from bobov, belz, pupa etc don’t have degrees either!

Regarding the bolded, now that angers me. For a Jewish girl to grow up religious and not even be able to read and understand the books of her religion is not a "solid Jewish education". But I am seeing lots of denial on this thread about the education girls got in satmar (subpar to say the least) so perhaps its best to focus on G.O or the choir that the class put on at the open house or nonsense like that..

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Tone? Its in writing, there is no tone so you are projecting your own tone into it. And suing is perfectly acceptable in this century just like its acceptable to criticize a school. Not allowing the girls to graduate with an accredited degree is educational neglect and I hope that someone sues and forces them to change if they dont do it on their own.
Should I put a smiley emoji so that you shouldnt continue accusing me of being in pain for being critical of my alma mater? LOL

Every shool is allowed to be run the way they deem fit. If you wanna sue someone, sue your parents. They put you into that school. Satmar doesn't believe in degrees. You feel you denied that opportunity?? Sue your parents. They put you there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:47 pm
Tone? Its in writing, there is no tone so you are projecting your own tone into it. And suing is perfectly acceptable in this century just like its acceptable to criticize a school. Not allowing the girls to graduate with an accredited degree is educational neglect and I hope that someone sues and forces them to change if they dont do it on their own.
Should I put a smiley emoji so that you shouldnt continue accusing me of being in pain for being critical of my alma mater? LOL

You can get to know characters in books without audible tones either, just from reading....

But anyway, let’s not ruin the fun memories of this thread. Hope the lawsuit goes well for you and I wish all unhappy graduates a better life for themselves and their children!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Every shool is allowed to be run the way they deem fit. If you wanna sue someone, sue your parents. They put you into that school. Satmar doesn't believe in degrees. You feel you denied that opportunity?? Sue your parents. They put you there.

My parents trusted satmar, satmar let me (and them) down so yes, that is grounds for a lawsuit against satmar. Did your parents know that the girls dont graduate with an accredited high school diploma or did they put their blind trust in satmar just like many people are unfortunately still doing today?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:50 pm
Regarding the bolded, now that angers me. For a Jewish girl to grow up religious and not even be able to read and understand the books of her religion is not a "solid Jewish education". But I am seeing lots of denial on this thread about the education girls got in satmar (subpar to say the least) so perhaps its best to focus on G.O or the choir that the class put on at the open house or nonsense like that..

Don’t be so angry (go ahead and deny that you are). Bh I’m raising a beautiful Yiddish family with the education I got. Even though I’m not fluent in rashi.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:54 pm
My parents trusted satmar, satmar let me (and them) down so yes, that is grounds for a lawsuit against satmar. Did your parents know that the girls dont graduate with an accredited high school diploma or did they put their blind trust in satmar just like many people are unfortunately still doing today?

You bet they knew. They wanted what the rebbe z"l wanted. And if it means no degree than so be it.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:03 pm
You bet they knew. They wanted what the rebbe z"l wanted. And if it means no degree than so be it.

Nah, they were immigrants and didnt know about degrees or high school diplomas. They trusted the school who was responsible and still is responsible to ensure that girls graduate with an accredited high school diploma so girls can sue the school for educational neglect to force change if the school doesnt change on its own.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:11 pm
Nah, they were immigrants and didnt know about degrees or high school diplomas. They trusted the school who was responsible and still is responsible to ensure that girls graduate with an accredited high school diploma so girls can sue the school for educational neglect to force change if the school doesnt change on its own.

Sorry. One of my parents is real american. Knew all abt degrees and education. Parent was always extremely educated. The real american stuff. No. Sorry. Parent knew if that's what the rebbe said then he knows best. You're so full of hate and anger. I really feel bad for you.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:15 pm
Sorry. One of my parents is real american. Knew all abt degrees and education. Parent was always extremely educated. The real american stuff. No. Sorry. Parent knew if that's what the rebbe said then he knows best. You're so full of hate and anger. I really feel bad for you.

The school is still responsible for the education of the girls and refusing to allow them to graduate with an accredited high school diploma is educational neglect and grounds for a lawsuit.

But you seem think that parents are to blame and should be sued for it. Where would your parents have sent you to school if there was no school that didnt neglect their students by not allowing them to graduate high school with an accredited diploma? Like if satmar decided today that all girls graduate with an accredited high school diploma, where would you send your daughters?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:17 pm
Why do you feel like I am "in pain" for criticizing satmar? Is it not allowed? Is satmar so perfect that anyone who dares to say anything against it is "in pain"? Or is that a defense mechanism on your part to protect yourself from the neglect that you experienced at satmar (of course you will say that you werent neglected but that is just a further defense mechanism to protect yourself when you know that its educational neglect to not allow girls to graduate high school)?

You seem to be in pain AND denial. To answer your question, most people don’t feel the need to sue the school they went to just to get them to change their level of education. Your talk about neglect also indicates a painful past.

This thread is for happy memories so I didn’t feel it’s appropriate to hijack it with negativity. But if you’re asking for validation, maybe start a spin off for bad memories?

To be precise, I have many negative things to say about specific people there who were out to make my life miserable, or so it seemed. Years later, I confirmed with classmates/others that those behaviors were mean and nasty. I still hold a grudge against some, but I’m busy with life. Currently, it’s a painful memory which I would like to tackle one day. I don’t see the point in writing their names here. While I can relate to wanting them to be punished for their bad deeds, having someone sue the school will hardly benefit me. Never mind anyone else.

As an aside, after more than a decade of being very happy with my kids’ school, one of the higher authorities did something very wrong. (Horrible abuse of power, don’t want to go into details). I feel like that person should be removed to prevent damage to other kids. What, you think if I sue to further their Education, then they’ll put everyone behind bars?

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:17 pm
You all make me feel so young!!

Can we go back to keeping this positive? Leave the bashing for all the other threads on chasidim LOL

Mrs. Muller passed away a few years ago. I don't think anyone mentioned it.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:

Can we go back to keeping this positive? Leave the bashing for all the other threads on chasidim LOL

I didn't know she's not alive anymore. Her assistant/secretary I think her name is Greenfield a weissman girl I remember. She was the only real normal person in that office.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:21 pm
The school is still responsible for the education of the girls and refusing to allow them to graduate with an accredited high school diploma is educational neglect and grounds for a lawsuit.

But you seem think that parents are to blame and should be sued for it. Where would your parents have sent you to school if there was no school that didnt neglect their students by not allowing them to graduate high school with an accredited diploma? Like if satmar decided today that all girls graduate with an accredited high school diploma, where would you send your daughters?

They won't decide. Anyway, 4 of my siblings have gone to college (brother as well). Granted Cope and TTI. I chose not to go. Oh and my MOM did too. (Touro) I like to joke that my father and I are the odd ones out Tongue Out

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
You seem to be in pain AND denial. To answer your question, most people don’t feel the need to sue the school they went to just to get them to change their level of education. Your talk about neglect also indicates a painful past.

This thread is for happy memories so I didn’t feel it’s appropriate to hijack it with negativity. But if you’re asking for validation, maybe start a spin off for bad memories?

To be precise, I have many negative things to say about specific people there who were out to make my life miserable, or so it seemed. Years later, I confirmed with classmates/others that those behaviors were mean and nasty. I still hold a grudge against some, but I’m busy with life. Currently, it’s a painful memory which I would like to tackle one day. I don’t see the point in writing their names here. While I can relate to wanting them to be punished for their bad deeds, having someone sue the school will hardly benefit me. Never mind anyone else.

As an aside, after more than a decade of being very happy with my kids’ school, one of the higher authorities did something very wrong. (Horrible abuse of power, don’t want to go into details). I feel like that person should be removed to prevent damage to other kids. What, you think if I sue to further their Education, then they’ll put everyone behind bars?

You can attack me all you want (ad hominem attacks) but lets say someone does sue the school and the school makes the appropriate changes and all the girls can graduate with an accredited high school diploma. Is that scary for you? Where would you send your girls if this does happen if you sincerely dont want them to graduate high school (but would somehow support them if they want to get a college degree so why not let them graduate high school in the first place)?

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:22 pm
I didn't know she's not alive anymore. Her assistant/secretary I think her name is Greenfield a weissman girl I remember. She was the only real normal person in that office.

I don't her. I must be a toddler then. Cool

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
I don't her. I must be a toddler then. Cool

I don't think Mrs. Muller was there for that long

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:26 pm
Who remembers when Mrs. Kkeinman's youngest son got engaged and she gave a whole speech to פארענטפיר זיך. Why she didn't take a satmar graduate?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:

I didn’t know she passed away. Bobby muller! She was so cute and nice!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:29 pm
Who remembers when Mrs. Kkeinman's youngest son got engaged and she gave a whole speech to פארענטפיר זיך. Why she didn't take a satmar graduate?

No I guess not in my times. Whom did he marry? I know her dil Chaya Sura!

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No I guess not in my times. Whom did he marry? I know her dil Chaya Sura!

I don't know first names. She was a pupa grad. Dayan Weiss daughter.
Page 8 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics