Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
You all make me feel so young!!

Can we go back to keeping this positive? Leave the bashing for all the other threads on chasidim LOL

Mrs. Muller passed away a few years ago. I don't think anyone mentioned it.

I never heard that she passed away...

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:52 pm
I’m so behind on this thread... lots to answer lol!

I can’t believe no one mentioned Mrs. Hager! Biology 10th grade. She was really awesome but ooh were her tests killers LOL

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Who remembers babbi hirsch!! As in R' Abba Hirsch the old man who worked in the schar limed office with Mrs Perlman. I used to go to the office with money during recess and I would come to class late because until he typed in my phone number and the amount I brought and finally got the receipt, it took forever.

Sure! He gave me jelly beans in an envelope every time I came. We called him zeidy hirsh!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:57 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
My mom was actually of he first year graduates of Satmar BP. She’s super proud of that.

Her classmate Ruchy Rubin ah was 1-4 principal before she got sick.

She was my principal then I think Mrs. Esther meisels took over

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:02 pm
What do you say about the lunches? Every Tuesday was Tuna, every Thursday was potato kigil and chulent. Mind you it was pretty good but if anyone liked it then you were the odd one out because eeewwww... who likes the school's chulent.
Don't remember what was for lunch the other days.

In regards to Mrs Margolis, she didn't know anyone's name really so everyone was young lady. Very diplomatic way of getting a girl's attention without knowing her name! Mrs Feldman the assistant principal and the secretarys knew everyone by name.
Is it true that Mrs Appeldorfer is a therapist or something along those lines?
Who remembers in sewing if you didn't have your sewing bag, you would rip your hem so now you had what to do.
As the day goes on and I'm reading everyone's memories, I'm remembering more stuff!

Our first Kallah in 12th grade happened purim time, then the second kallah before graduation.
First wedding was the following September I think. At every wedding we went to the girls somehow knew which lady is a shadchan and which one was looking at a girl. Was so annoying. Reminds me, I was at a wedding and there was this lady literally following me around. I knew who she was and what she wanted but we had said no.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I’m so behind on this thread... lots to answer lol!

I can’t believe no one mentioned Mrs. Hager! Biology 10th grade. She was really awesome but ooh were her tests killers LOL

Oh of course! She was college level for those who feel school taught us nothing! LOL

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh of course! She was college level for those who feel school taught us nothing! LOL

I took college level biology, satmar was nothing compared to that. Especially since lab was required and satmar didnt even offer it so satmar girls are not getting a real education.

And for those who claim that the satmar rebbe was against accreditation, the boys yeshiva in KJ (and I think maybe wb as well but not sure) is accredited so its clear that the satmar rebbe is not against accreditation.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:02 pm
I believe Mrs Appeldorfer is a satmar graduate (maiden name Klein)? Would love to hear more what type of therapist she is and where she got her degree. Does she have any online presence at all where she advertises her services?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I believe Mrs Appeldorfer is a satmar graduate (maiden name Klein)? Would love to hear more what type of therapist she is and where she got her degree. Does she have any online presence at all where she advertises her services?

Shaindy appeldorfer is a Klein girl. Assuming she’s a life coach or something. Doubt she’s a licensed professional. She was one of the teachers girls had PTs with near the window or staircase...

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:36 pm
My parents trusted satmar, satmar let me (and them) down so yes, that is grounds for a lawsuit against satmar. Did your parents know that the girls dont graduate with an accredited high school diploma or did they put their blind trust in satmar just like many people are unfortunately still doing today?

Most parents don't care. I don't want my children to get a diploma. We don't go to 12th grade.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
She was my principal then I think Mrs. Esther meisels took over

No. Mrs. Rubin was english, Mrs. Meisels was yiddish.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 4:55 pm
You can attack me all you want (ad hominem attacks) but lets say someone does sue the school and the school makes the appropriate changes and all the girls can graduate with an accredited high school diploma. Is that scary for you? Where would you send your girls if this does happen if you sincerely dont want them to graduate high school (but would somehow support them if they want to get a college degree so why not let them graduate high school in the first place)?

I’m genuinely sorry that you feel attacked. That was not my intent at all! On the contrary, I feel along with you (please reread what I said about my personal experience). This thread with happy memories seem to be triggering a lot of pain, or else why would you care so deeply?
I am not defending everyone & everything in the school I attended. But I found your posts to be unreasonable & unrelated to the matter at hand.

Also, if you go back to one of my earlier posts here, you’ll see I wrote about the fact that I did not send my kids to this school. Maybe you don’t have such an option for whatever reason, but it doesn’t mean Satmar can’t stay who they are. I did hear that the new school is different in some areas.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I’m genuinely sorry that you feel attacked. That was not my intent at all! On the contrary, I feel along with you (please reread what I said about my personal experience). This thread with happy memories seem to be triggering a lot of pain, or else why would you care so deeply?
I am not defending everyone & everything in the school I attended. But I found your posts to be unreasonable & unrelated to the matter at hand.

Also, if you go back to one of my earlier posts here, you’ll see I wrote about the fact that I did not send my kids to this school. Maybe you don’t have such an option for whatever reason, but it doesn’t mean Satmar can’t stay who they are. I did hear that the new school is different in some areas.

The new school is different in some areas but different. Academic principles they're very much the same.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 5:03 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
No. Mrs. Rubin was english, Mrs. Meisels was yiddish.

I was a first grader so I really don’t remember who was Yiddish/English!
Was she assistant principal to Mrs. margolis? I was a good kid so never punished Wink
And technically klienman was Yiddish.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:37 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I don't know first names. She was a pupa grad. Dayan Weiss daughter.

My classmate. A truly wonderful girl

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:05 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Shaindy appeldorfer is a Klein girl. Assuming she’s a life coach or something. Doubt she’s a licensed professional. She was one of the teachers girls had PTs with near the window or staircase...

Haha, I once had a funny story with her, she saw that our class was saying tehillim for someone’s father who was ill, so she took me aside ( big mouth in the class) to ask whose father it is, and I let her know that it was mine.
She almost died of embarrassment.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:05 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

She was my teacher. A special person who understands people’s struggles. I’d totally trust her. I can see her be a great mentor or life coach. Not necessarily licensed professional.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:06 pm
Haha, I once had a funny story with her, she saw that our class was saying tehillim for someone’s father who was ill, so she took me aside ( big mouth in the class) to ask whose father it is, and I let her know that it was mine.

Oh wow!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 11:23 pm

Rolling Laughter
I can just imagine her facial expression!

She was a great teacher and a really caring person too.

Just remembered another one- that’s teaching for years and years- Reb. Shiffy Rottenberg from monsey

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:15 am
How do you all remember the teachers names. It’s such a blur! And I graduated 7 years ago!
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics