Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Stop pointing out the dirt in my pool
Previous  1  2  3

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 3:06 pm
GetReal wrote:
If someone came over and asked why your house is so messy you would smile and thank them for coming?

I don't know anyone in real life who would do that.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Yes, a beautiful pool and home will lose its allure if you have nobody to share it with.
I'd rather be without those things than be lonely because nobody is interested in spending time with me and people turn down my invitations.
If you have experienced times in your life of isolation and extreme loneliness, you will get what nechamashifra is saying.
Being a guest can be just as much a favor as hosting guests.

I don’t think it will lose it’s allure. I am not a popular person and people don’t really come over to my house. I still enjoy my living space though.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Yes, a beautiful pool and home will lose its allure if you have nobody to share it with.
I'd rather be without those things than be lonely because nobody is interested in spending time with me and people turn down my invitations.
If you have experienced times in your life of isolation and extreme loneliness, you will get what nechamashifra is saying.
Being a guest can be just as much a favor as hosting guests.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? I’m happy to have my pool to myself and my family. I also have friends. Doesn’t mean I always want to host.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Its in the middle of the three weeks right before Tisha B'av, we are still missing people from a collapsed building, covid is still ongoing, the world has seen lots of suffering and you are complaining about someone making a comment about your pool? Be grateful that you have a nice house with a pool, friends and families that are alive and well and dont take it personally that someone commented about your pool. May Moshiach come in zchus of you accepting a little critique about your pool without getting offended or ending a relationship over it. #firstworldproblems

Take your self-righteousness and shove it. Everyone has a right to complain about anything.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:29 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I don’t think it will lose it’s allure. I am not a popular person and people don’t really come over to my house. I still enjoy my living space though.

I enjoy my living space BECAUSE not that many people come over. It’s my safe space, not a train station.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:54 am
Zehava wrote:
Take your self-righteousness and shove it. Everyone has a right to complain about anything.

Including bugs in a pool that their friend allows them to use for free?

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Of course it’s a favor to let people come over and use your pool. Renting a pool or joining a swim club is expensive.

Going to a bar is also expensive, but when people go over to their friend's house and are offered a drink, they're not considered charity cases.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette