Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
6 month old wakes up for the day at 5. Help!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:00 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
An average night is 10-12 hours. A lot of kids don't sleep 12 hours night.
12-14 hours overall sleep is average. So if your kid is on the lower end of sleep needs, 10 hours during the night and 2+ hours during the day is totally normal.
I do think you might be able to get chunkier naps by going to 2 naps. That helped us a lot. 3/3/4 schedule for wake windows.

For 6 month old? I guess I was spoiled with my first. He slept till 8:30 and took three naps at least until a year. Right now he can go 2 hours between naps. You’re saying I should stretch it to 3?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For 6 month old? I guess I was spoiled with my first. He slept till 8:30 and took three naps at least until a year. Right now he can go 2 hours between naps. You’re saying I should stretch it to 3?

I don’t want to say you’re spoiled but it does sound like you’re very very lucky. Even this baby sleeps better than my 9 month old who hasn’t gone a week straight sleeping through the night.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My son switched to 2 naps at 5 months and never slept longer than an 11 hour night at that age.
If your first slept a 13 hour night plus 3 solid naps until 1 year, he is very very high sleep needs and not the norm either!
If you switch to 2 naps you need longer time between naps so that it adds up to a 24 hour day Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics