Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
I want to want mashiach but..
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:39 pm
Bump, anyone hear anything nice on this? I'm still scared that we're all going to die after mashiach etc

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump, anyone hear anything nice on this? I'm still scared that we're all going to die after mashiach etc

It'
Yes we will because the world will go on as always. But iyH it will be after 120 productive years.
Try to get in touch with the best spiritual high you ever had. All the good nourishing people. Imagine that this will be life after Moshiach. IyH you will be zoche and it will be beautiful.

P.S. I went on Imamother to look up something but I won't have time. I'll probably be off till tomorrow. But when I saw this thread continuing I wanted to chime in. Yes this is the day when we confront the worst things that could possibly happen to us, and continued to happen to us - read the Holocaust kinnos from the Bobover Rebbe and Rav Schwab ztl, they echo Eicha - but then we figure out, how do we get out of here. Where are we going? We'll get there, beH, bkarov, and it's worth the trip.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:20 pm
https://www.chabad.org/library.....h.htm

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't understand that fear.
If, c"v, moshiach didn't come in a long time, all of us who are here today would die anyway, as it is the way of the world. In other words, we'll die - either before or after moshiach. Our neshama however is eternal and does not vanish. It is, so to say, a tiny bit that is directly from Hashem and as such it remains and goes back close to Him.
Due to my profession, I have sat next to dying people. While there is no scientific proof, I always had the impression that one can in these situations feel the neshama leave the body.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
If, c"v, moshiach didn't come in a long time, all of us who are here today would die anyway, as it is the way of the world. In other words, we'll die - either before or after moshiach. Our neshama however is eternal and does not vanish. It is, so to say, a tiny bit that is directly from Hashem and as such it remains and goes back close to Him.
Due to my profession, I have sat next to dying people. While there is no scientific proof, I always had the impression that one can in these situations feel the neshama leave the body.

I know we'll all die anyways. But I'm scared because I do so many aveiros, and I try to use this fear to work on myself but I'm just so scared how bad I am

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:

And not all circumstances in dying is the same. There is dying peacfully and whole and being buried with all halachos in a peaceful world and there is the other kind.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:05 pm
sequoia wrote:
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/101744/jewish/Laws-Concerning-Kings-and-the-Messiah.htm

Thank you.

Anyone else have a link to share?

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know we'll all die anyways. But I'm scared because I do so many aveiros, and I try to use this fear to work on myself but I'm just so scared how bad I am

We are supposed to be as good as we can be. Only Hashem is perfect. There is no human who doesn't do aveirot. But we have to be honest to Hashem and ourselves and do the best job we can.

Maybe using your fear to work on yourself has gotten a bit too much or too one-sided. We are commanded to both love and fear Hashem. Like a bird with only one wing can't fly, so can we not lift up and connect to Hashem properly if we focus only on one of the two.
It needs a balance. Have you tried the reverse appeoach, focusing on the things you are doing right and trying to infuse the mitzvot that you do with joy and love? It requires constant conscious effort but is so much worth it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 6:03 pm
You want to hear something maybe worse that I've thought about? What if I don't die in chevlei Moshiach because I'm not worthy? What if instead I'm not allowed to go back?
You know what I say to all these what ifs? What I want to want is kavod Shamayim fully in this world. That's all I want. That's what I daven for. Because the opposite of hester panim is something so beautiful and good for the world and Hashem's glory. I won't worry about where I fit in. I believe that I won't be overlooked and where I end up is where I'm supposed to be.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:21 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You want to hear something maybe worse that I've thought about? What if I don't die in chevlei Moshiach because I'm not worthy? What if instead I'm not allowed to go back?
You know what I say to all these what ifs? What I want to want is kavod Shamayim fully in this world. That's all I want. That's what I daven for. Because the opposite of hester panim is something so beautiful and good for the world and Hashem's glory. I won't worry about where I fit in. I believe that I won't be overlooked and where I end up is where I'm supposed to be.

That's very special that you're able to think like that without worrying about yourself. I'm too scared and thinking too narrowly to appreciate a broader view like that

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:37 pm
One of the reasons I’m excited about moshiach coming among many, is because then men and women will be completely equal. Equally powerful.

In our times it’s getting closer and so I feel we’re getting closer.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's very special that you're able to think like that without worrying about yourself. I'm too scared and thinking too narrowly to appreciate a broader view like that

If I wouldn't think this way I'd be terrified.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:03 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Thats really beautiful.

I don't understand what you mean by "What if instead I'm not allowed to go back?" Would you mind explaining please?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:32 pm
OP why are you sure we’re all gonna die when he comes- if I’m understanding.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:07 pm
I’ve been through enough personal suffering that the thought that it will all go away when Mashiach comes is enough to make me yearn for him.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:53 pm
The focus on Olam Hazeh is to do as many mitzvot as possible because after death it’s no longer possible. It’s lehavdil like putting in as much overtime as possible while you’re working so that you maximize your pension. After retirement your pension is whatever it is and you can’t increase it.

The focus on Olam Hazeh is not in a materialistic sense, though you are supposed to enjoy its natural material gifts. Judaism is not an ascetic religion that rejects worldly pleasures. (Though one could be forgiven for thinking otherwise during the Three Weeks.)

mom of three bh

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 12:10 am
rambam says , that when moshiach will come everything will be the same. we will live same life, with our family, yet one difference, while hashem is hidden now, he will be revealed open , and glorious. with no hester panim we will have no pain. sheer joy. all we will want to do is use all the gashmayus for hashem. because hashems ultimate desire is to live in a world down here that we made holy!!
there are a bunch of seforim saying many scary stuff, but rambam paskens lehalacha, what we actually do and what will actually happen!

hashem has seven heavens and enough of malachim... why did he have to create this world?
because his biggest pleasure and desire is to live in a world that was made holy by us!!
so every mitzvah we do, every bit of spirituality we are doing in this physical world, with physical tefillin , or tznius clothing, or pot, or pacifier,we are reevealing hashem, we are actually bringing the geulah into our galus more and more...
until when moshiach comes hashem and godliness will be fully revealed! and we will continue our lives, yet with full pleasure and joy!
and moshiach will be chozer beteshuva every yid! nisave hakodesh baruch hu lihos dirah betochtonim

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:13 pm
Pinkfridge, if you see this I am still curious what you meant. Thank you

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Thats really beautiful.

I don't understand what you mean by "What if instead I'm not allowed to go back?" Would you mind explaining please?

We all think: chevlei Moshiach! We're not gonna be zoche and gonna die! (Chas v'shalom.) But what if there are other things that could happen to people who aren't zoche, like not having a spot on Canfei Nesharim Airlines? Idk. This is above my pay grade.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational