Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
If you have a 3 yr old... Schedule question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:15 pm
Hi ladies
My 3 year old, recently stopped napping (used to be around 1-230/3) which is fine. The only thing is- some days hes clearly tired and well just fall asleep around 3 oclock. Ive been putting him to bed earlier to compensate days hes not napping. But these late naps are confusing. If you have a 3 year old, would you mind sharing if they nap, how long, when bedtime is, and when they wake up? Just trying to navigate a little better.
Thank you!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:37 pm
My 3 year old naps around 12:45-2. I wake him up if he’s not up already by then.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:40 pm
I have a three year old. If he falls asleep after 3 I let him sleep twenty minutes and wake him up. If I let it go longer than that and then wake him up he’s a wreck for the rest of the afternoon. A power nap seems to work well for him. I give him something cold and sweet to eat or drink when he wakes up and that jolts him awake completely.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:54 pm
My 3 year old sleeps 6pm to 6am no nap.
For reference though, my 5 year old naps 30 min when he comes home from cheder and sleeps 630/7pm to 6am. If he goes to bed later his rebbe let's him nap in cheder lol.
Different kids need different schedules.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
I have a three year old. If he falls asleep after 3 I let him sleep twenty minutes and wake him up. If I let it go longer than that and then wake him up he’s a wreck for the rest of the afternoon. A power nap seems to work well for him. I give him something cold and sweet to eat or drink when he wakes up and that jolts him awake completely.

Mine is 5 now but when he was 3 this is what I would also let him take a tiny nap if he fell asleep in the afternoon.

trixx

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:44 pm
You can also give him quiet rest time with books, in bed, even if he's not sleeping
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers