Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
No specific interests?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:21 pm
My husband has a million and one things he’s specifically interested in, as in he likes to research them and talk about them and think about them. I do not like to read or listen to audio books or watch movies at all, and I specifically hate documentaries. I love spending time with friends, listening to music, exercising, dancing, and shopping. I am also a very type a personality, so I tend to focus on what needs to get done and I do it. I don’t procrastinate at all. In general, learning about something I don’t need to know about seems exhausting and pointless. But it really bothers my husband that we have no shared interests to talk about. I agree it would probably be good for us, but taking on an interest seems like a huge pain. I don’t mind actively trying new things, but he seems to think that doing things is more of a hobby than an interest- and that it wouldn’t help us connect in the same way. Please let me know if you have any ideas?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:00 pm
Bump

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:06 pm
Oooo my husb is like that too. He knows a little about a lot of things, and a lot about some things. I'm very happy to have him chat with like minded people.

We watch TV shows together and do lighter talk. Things we saw online, plans for our house. He loves deeper conversation but I don't usually have much to say.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Oooo my husb is like that too. He knows a little about a lot of things, and a lot about some things. I'm very happy to have him chat with like minded people.

We watch TV shows together and do lighter talk. Things we saw online, plans for our house. He loves deeper conversation but I don't usually have much to say.

Thank you amother stone! This is so validating!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics