Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
No more unvaccinated
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:05 pm
I see it already. Many doctors offices, nursing homes, and businesses are requiring vaccination for all their employees and patients.

As much as we say that we insist on choice in this country, the reality is that many businesses nearly closed during Covid, and with the absence of government assistance (PPP) for keeping workers on during an outbreak, they won't survive another resurgence financially.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:08 pm
My doctor has never mentioned the vaccine to me. Not once.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:08 pm
My sister is a PA and also has never gotten the vaccine and still works in the hospital.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see it already. Many doctors offices, nursing homes, and businesses are requiring vaccination for all their employees and patients.

As much as we say that we insist on choice in this country, the reality is that many businesses nearly closed during Covid, and with the absence of government assistance (PPP) for keeping workers on during an outbreak, they won't survive another resurgence financially.

You might want to say which state you are referring to bc in my state its not mandatory yet and cannot be mandatory until its fda approved (which shouldnt happen until the studies are complete).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
My sister is a PA and also has never gotten the vaccine and still works in the hospital.

That might change shortly.

https://ctmirror.org/2021/07/0.....ovid/

https://news.yahoo.com/nurses-......html

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:25 pm
A private business/drs office/nursing home can demand whatever they choose to of their clients/customers.

Public places have an issue doing so. Hence a hospital can recommend or ask but may have an issue “demanding”.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:27 pm
The vaccine is showing not to be that effective with some of the variants. And the vaccinated are spreading it among themselves too. So this rule really makes no sense.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If there is another outbreak, it will be because the vaccine failed. Not because they had an unvaccinated worker.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
If there is another outbreak, it will be because the vaccine failed. Not because they had an unvaccinated worker.

This. But of course it will be blamed on the unvaccinated. Which makes no sense. If the vaccine is so great, why is covid still spreading.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

It already is being blamed on the unvaccinated. Saw Biden saying that in the news today.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And you know who kept those businesses open? People who went out and about. Not the scared people who stayed home for a year, scurried out in a mask and then ran to get vaccinated.
People are stupid.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 11:32 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
A private business/drs office/nursing home can demand whatever they choose to of their clients/customers.

Public places have an issue doing so. Hence a hospital can recommend or ask but may have an issue “demanding”.

Did you read the articles? Hospitals are demanding, and firing anyone who won't comply.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 11:36 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
And you know who kept those businesses open? People who went out and about. Not the scared people who stayed home for a year, scurried out in a mask and then ran to get vaccinated.
People are stupid.

That's not true. Healthcare companies had strict regulations and were overseen by the health department. If you had a covid case, you had to quarantine your staff and you couldn't take in new patients.

People are not stupid. My parents were very careful, and both have lots of health conditions, and didn't catch it. They got vaccinated as soon as they could, and now they can rest easier.

Google it - nearly every single patient in the hospital with Covid is unvaccinated. My husband is part of Hatzaloh and he's so upset at the needless pain and health risk people are taking. I can't force you to get a vaccine, but if you work in healthcare, someone else probably will.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 11:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's not true. Healthcare companies had strict regulations and were overseen by the health department. If you had a covid case, you had to quarantine your staff and you couldn't take in new patients.

People are not stupid. My parents were very careful, and both have lots of health conditions, and didn't catch it. They got vaccinated as soon as they could, and now they can rest easier.

Google it - nearly every single patient in the hospital with Covid is unvaccinated. My husband is part of Hatzaloh and he's so upset at the needless pain and health risk people are taking. I can't force you to get a vaccine, but if you work in healthcare, someone else probably will.

Half of all new cases in Israel were vaccinated. 20% of all new severe cases in UK were vaccinated.

But England doesn't care, they're done. They are removing all restrictions July 19 no matter what.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:08 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Half of all new cases in Israel were vaccinated. 20% of all new severe cases in UK were vaccinated.

But England doesn't care, they're done. They are removing all restrictions July 19 no matter what.

Please provide a source for your claim that 20% of all severe covid cases in the UK were among the vaccinated (which would in any case show a strong positive vaccination effect, as 85% of people in England have received at least one dose of vaccine, and 63% have received 2 doses. If the vaccine were not effective, you would anticipate that 60% to 85% of cases to be among the vaccinated. But I digress.)

In Maryland, 100% of covid deaths are among the unvaccinated. https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....among

Overall in the US, more than 99% of all covid deaths in June were unvaccinated. https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....e-not

There are still more than 1700 covid hospitalizations per week in the US, increasingly among younger unvaccinated people. https://www.healthline.com/hea.....ation

Breakthrough cases occur, but are rare.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:15 am
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
People are stupid.

A lot of businesses had to get creative. Restaurants set tables outside. Stores brought the merchandise to the car for curbside pickup.
I would imagine that people who managed not to catch it were really smart or very lucky. Of course if you want to say that the smart people caught Covid, I will accept the compliment. Very Happy

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:24 am
I haven’t read this all, but this is collective some of the dumbest things I have ever read. The flaws and gaps in the logic is reprehensible. If a vaccine is 95% effective and you have 20 vaccinated people in the room, statistically, if you understood to multiply percentages, it significantly different than if 1/2 the people are vaccinated.
An (each) unvaccinated person greatly increases the risk of exposure and disease. I hear the arguments to or not to vaccinate on regard to risk factors and side effects, but your logic and understanding of infectious diseases and statistics is embarrassing.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:37 am
southernbubby wrote:
A lot of businesses had to get creative. Restaurants set tables outside. Stores brought the merchandise to the car for curbside pickup.
I would imagine that people who managed not to catch it were really smart or very lucky. Of course if you want to say that the smart people caught Covid, I will accept the compliment. Very Happy

Or naturally immune. Some of us do exist.

I have not taken precautions at all since the start of covid and never caught anything even though I was exposed often. Still never caught it and have no antibodies and no vaccine.

No idea how it happened.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:37 am
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
Please provide a source for your claim that 20% of all severe covid cases in the UK were among the vaccinated (which would in any case show a strong positive vaccination effect, as 85% of people in England have received at least one dose of vaccine, and 63% have received 2 doses. If the vaccine were not effective, you would anticipate that 60% to 85% of cases to be among the vaccinated. But I digress.)

In Maryland, 100% of covid deaths are among the unvaccinated. https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....among

Overall in the US, more than 99% of all covid deaths in June were unvaccinated. https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....e-not

There are still more than 1700 covid hospitalizations per week in the US, increasingly among younger unvaccinated people. https://www.healthline.com/hea.....ation

Breakthrough cases occur, but are rare.

In England cases are currently spiraling out of control. Their curve is climbing steeply and quickly. And as you mentioned, the fact that 85% of the country is at least partially vaccinated means that the vaccine is either not effective or worse.

None of your links are sources. One is a quote from Fauci. That wouldn't be a source if he were the most credible guy on the planet, which he isn't. The quote about Maryland sources to a tweet, also not a source. And the total number of covid deaths in June would be relevant. And the actual source should explain the method by which each patient's vaccination status was determined. The Healthline post also has no source, just a bunch of assertions.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:47 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Or naturally immune. Some of us do exist.

I have not taken precautions at all since the start of covid and never caught anything even though I was exposed often. Still never caught it and have no antibodies and no vaccine.

No idea how it happened.

True. In some families, there were those outliers who got breathed on and coughed on and never managed to test positive, while everyone else in the house got sick. That's why I said smart or lucky.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics