Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Tying bows

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:46 am
Not really sure where to put this question, except that it tends to come up for me when I give gifts. I guess sometimes Mishloach Manos. But anyway...

How do you decide how big to make a bow? How long to leave the tails? I find myself always wanting to see pictures of gifts/cards/packages to help me gauge what looks the best and how high to aim as far as perfection. So... anyone, have any helpful tips? Has anyone besides me sometimes found themselves on the cusp of this decision: to tie again? trim? leave as is?

Don't worry, I do have a lot of more important things to worry about too. Just hyperfixating not this one at the moment.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 7:55 am
I would not make the bow bigger than the width of the package. How small... I would eyeball it and just see what looks good.

Make a huge one with a slip knot so you can pull the strings and make it smaller as you feel comfortable. Then trim the excess.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette