Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What’s considered normal texting hours
Previous  1  2  3

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Emergencies don’t usually come through to first responders by text though! I’m married to one, he receives and sends texts anytime of the day or night! If someone has an emergency they call him or it comes over his radio..

Depends where you are, then. In Israel, EMS, security, cops, and firefighters all get their calls through text/WhatsApp/app which sends messages. In EMS, they don't even hand out a radio anymore -- it all goes through your phone.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m actually young but I consider texting in the same category as calling. WhatsApp and email I’ll send at all hours. Very interesting to hear all these perspectives.

What’s the difference between WhatsApp and texting? There’s literally no difference.

crossroad

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m actually young but I consider texting in the same category as calling. WhatsApp and email I’ll send at all hours. Very interesting to hear all these perspectives.

Until I read this post I thought texting was text AND whatsapp. Is there a difference?

BokerTov

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:39 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
6a-10p is pretty reasonable. tbh, anytime is reasonable to drop a line, but not try to blitz with messages awaiting a response. I sleep with my phone by my bed. I don't hear texts or messages come in at night once I fall asleep, but if you do you can mute those notifications during your quiet hours.

6 a.m. is too early if you know for sure someone hears it. If you want to be safe wait till 8-9.

However, I do close my ringer when I sleep so texts are acceptable to me at all hours.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:51 pm
I do consider WhatsApp and text different. I guess because my texts are from close people vs. WhatsApp that I use for random people. This person is someone I would WhatsApp but she doesn’t have it so that’s why I texted. I wouldn’t want to turn off text notifications because there are people that I would want to see their texts at all hours.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 2:36 pm
I wouldn’t text after 9 pm

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:15 pm
I'm curious to know what ages people are who are responding that they text at all hours vs those who believe texts should not be sent during general sleeping hours...
I'm 40 and would not text someone who is not close friends or family past 10/11. I consider watsapp and text the same thing. Email is ok at any hour.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:20 pm
I’m 39. I see txt as a way to communicate with someone at any time.

Reality

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:25 pm
I think it depends on your relationship. Friends and family I'd text until late at night. I wouldn't with someone that I have a professional relationship with or limited relationship.

I am very cognizant of time zones. I won't text my family in Israel at 8 pm my time because it's 3 or 4 am their time. Many times I purposely text them right before I go to sleep so they'll get my message at 7 or 8 am.

I'm in my late 30's.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:26 pm
How do you whatsapp random people? Doesn't thier number have to be saved for you to send a message?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:29 pm
Reality wrote:
I think it depends on your relationship. Friends and family I'd text until late at night. I wouldn't with someone that I have a professional relationship with or limited relationship.

I am very cognizant of time zones. I won't text my family in Israel at 8 pm my time because it's 3 or 4 am their time. Many times I purposely text them right before I go to sleep so they'll get my message at 7 or 8 am.

I'm in my late 30's.

Exactly. I have people texting me in a professional capacity at 3 am. I really never knew there was a general overall belief that it was ok lol.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
How do you whatsapp random people? Doesn't thier number have to be saved for you to send a message?

From the neighborhood, bus, school chats etc.. you can just click respond to message. But also I’ll save a number so that I can WhatsApp like a sheitel macher or mua

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:34 pm
I'm 40, I WhatsApp and text all hours because that's the point. The receiver can read at respond at his own convenience.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:37 pm
I'm 40 and I believe you can text at all hours

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I'm 40, I WhatsApp and text all hours because that's the point. The receiver can read at respond at his own convenience.

Same here. Isn't that the point of texting? Text when it's convenient for me, and you read it when it's convenient for you.

If you won't want to be notified of incoming messages, just turn off the sound. It's sort of the same idea as putting the ringer on the phone on off when you don't want to be disturbed.

funmother

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:15 pm
I will text up to 12:59 to someone that I want a response at their earliest convenience. I sometimes include a message I'm sorry to bother you. There are some people that I can never reach l, they work, out late, always at a wedding. I text almost until 2 after 2-6 I would find strange. If it has to do with morning hours I will text good morning as early as 6:00. Of course not expecting a response until a decent time. Late owls I know not to call before 8:00. Whats app I will send a message in middle of the night if I see the person online. Sometimes I get blue checks, they read it, but I don't plan on getting a response. If I know someone has a nursing baby or baby under 9 months I'm more likely to watsapp those 12-6 hours.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette