Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Any updates with getting into israel??
Previous  1  2  3  4

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 1:47 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
No quarantine rules were reinforced

Just curious: How do you know?

They may have checked in with the tour group leader instead of making rounds at individual hotel rooms..

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 1:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If everyone is vaccinated why do we have to continue living life like this?
There wasnt any point getting it then if we're still living like before. At least where I live we are still urged to wear masks, SD, etc

I can't comment on what your local govt is doing, but here there are restrictions because the Indian variant can sometimes infect vaccinated people, and because we have a large population of under 12 year olds who cannot vaccinate, and we don't know if there are long-term effects of covid. Therefore govt decided to put some minimal cautionary measures in place (indoor masks, testing at entry) to protect its citizenry.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 10:34 am
essie14 wrote:
What do you mean "at least"?
In Israel masks are required in all indoor spaces.
You don't think there was a point in getting vaccinated? Don't you not want to contract Covid?

I already had covid. we only got the vaccine to go to israel.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 10:41 am
meeze wrote:
There is an update coming from the govt of Israel in the next few days regarding the reopening to all tourists.
Mostly it will be, that if u are vaccinated, you'll be allowed into the country with no restrictions. This announcement will be made public within the next week or so.
(Source: article published today in media)

No idea which media outlet you're referencing, but at this point the open entry to vaccinated tourists has been pushed of until at least September.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 11:06 am
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
Do not cancel your flight. Takes Israeli Consulate in Ny 20 working days to process any request. They will not look at it if 20 days did not pass (so shabbos, Sundays, july 4 etc dont count as a day). My husband who is Israeli just flew with my American son. I emailed Amudim and they got my Ishur a few hous before the flight. Email dkushner@amudim.org
Good luck!

Amother hydrangea, he hasnt answer any of my emails. How did you get in touch with him?

Teomima

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If everyone is vaccinated why do we have to continue living life like this?
There wasnt any point getting it then if we're still living like before. At least where I live we are still urged to wear masks, SD, etc

As an Israeli in Israel I'm feeling a little offended by your attitude. Our government has an obligation to protect its citizens and they're doing this by encouraging vaccination, maintaining certain safety measures by having people mask indoors etc, and by reducing the risk of more people bringing the virus into our country. Unfortunately many people have done that, and it's spreading quickly through children too young to be vaccinated and even affecting people already vaccinated. In fact we've even started giving third "booster" shots to certain people at high risk. Though the significant majority of the population that is eligible for vaccination has received at least one shot, that's still only 66.19% of the population. Meaning we have roughly 3,060,000 Israelis who are not/can not get vaccinated at all.

I'm sorry if you can't come visit Israel. I'm even more sorry my family from the States can't come visit. I feel awful for sister who has yet to meet our two year old niece. And she hasn't seen our elderly father for years. I'm sorry my children will probably never get to say goodbye to their great grandmother, or that she will likely never meet my youngest. We all have sad, tragic stories about to not being able to travel. But they're not nearly as sad and tragic as the 4,058,646 people who have lost their lives due to covid, or their parents and children who will never see their family member again. Or how one in ten people report long term negative side effects from covid. That's 18,829,964 people still sick and struggling. If you look at the big picture, waiting a few more months to travel really isn't that big of a deal.

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 12:35 pm
Teomima wrote:
As an Israeli in Israel I'm feeling a little offended by your attitude. Our government has an obligation to protect its citizens and they're doing this by encouraging vaccination, maintaining certain safety measures by having people mask indoors etc, and by reducing the risk of more people bringing the virus into our country. Unfortunately many people have done that, and it's spreading quickly through children too young to be vaccinated and even affecting people already vaccinated. In fact we've even started giving third "booster" shots to certain people at high risk. Though the significant majority of the population that is eligible for vaccination has received at least one shot, that's still only 66.19% of the population. Meaning we have roughly 3,060,000 Israelis who are not/can not get vaccinated at all.

I'm sorry if you can't come visit Israel. I'm even more sorry my family from the States can't come visit. I feel awful for sister who has yet to meet our two year old niece. And she hasn't seen our elderly father for years. I'm sorry my children will probably never get to say goodbye to their great grandmother, or that she will likely never meet my youngest. We all have sad, tragic stories about to not being able to travel. But they're not nearly as sad and tragic as the 4,058,646 people who have lost their lives due to covid, or their parents and children who will never see their family member again. Or how one in ten people report long term negative side effects from covid. That's 18,829,964 people still sick and struggling. If you look at the big picture, waiting a few more months to travel really isn't that big of a deal.

Every single word of this.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions