Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
My kids don't want to go to camp

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 4:48 am
My kids go to a fantastic day camp and I thought they were having a great time. Well, I thought my 2 youngest was and I knew there was ups and downs with my oldest. Well, all 3 don't want to go for various reasons and they want "mommy" camp. Do I tell them too bad we paid so much for them to go or let them back out? I started working there too, but I didn't sign a contract yet.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 5:23 am
If the kids know that you will be working there, that might comfort them enough to want to go to camp.

Maybe they are being bullied, maybe they don't like the snacks, or one of the morahs is short tempered. See if you can trouble shoot.

Would it be so terrible if they stayed at home, or are you just frustrated about the money?

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 9:40 am
We're you sahm till now? Maybe It's their insecurity about you starting to work altogether.
If they are teens or preteens maybe they don't want you there overlooking their shoulders or are embarrassed with "mom" among their peers. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, just teenage sheganins.
If you work during day, what will they do a whole day, alone at home?
Maybe you just gave them such a good time, with mommy camp, when camp was closed last year?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 6:34 pm
What ages? at some point kids outgrown day camp and go to overnight camp.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 7:44 pm
I personally wouldn't let them back out, might try to figure out what can help them enjoy better , maybe say we can try something else next year, but what was already setup now, they need to go to, already paid for.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 7:47 pm
I would have them stay home with you for a day and just lounge around. Let them decide if they want to do that everyday rather than go to the camp you already paid for. They don’t need to go but you also don’t need to entertain them.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 8:05 pm
Camp Mommy means they expect you to take them places and do crafts and such. Are you willing to do all of that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children