Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you let your kids play in the dirt?
Previous  1  2  3

Rappel

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 4:16 pm
Yes

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 4:26 pm
There are some things that give me so much nachas and pleasure when I see my kids involved with it, one of them being playing outside, digging etc. The pure joy on their faces, and their excitement as they describe to me what they are doing, I love it.
But this confuses me, everyone here saying dirt is healthy, when my 9yo ds was 2, he had a mysterious infection that the doctor couldn't figure out, and we couldn't get rid of it. Eventually after much testing it turned out it was a very rare bacteria, which the doctor said originates from soil. He asked me if my son plays in the mud, and he seemed very concerned. I dont remember the name of the bacteria but once targeted with the right antibiotics he finally got better. It scared me because I'm quite chilled with my kids playing outside but I certainly dont want them catching dangerous bacteria.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 4:32 pm
I'm 50 years old and I have fond memories of "digging in the dirt" (that was our description of the activity) with my brother and sister. We were not interested in bugs. We would unearth lots of cool rocks which we would collect. I think it's great if kids are interested in doing something outside which is not only free but cannot harm or break anything.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:37 pm
Of course it’s gross and germy.
That’s why I encourage them to do it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics