Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Minneapolis

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 9:21 pm
Hi Minneapolis Imas,

My husband works remotely, and I may have a job opportunity in Minneapolis. I've been searching for information on the community to see if it would be a good fit for us and our family. Can anyone help?

How big is the community? How many kids in the average class? Are the class sizes combined boys and girls? Is the community growing, staying the same, or shrinking?

Are there any areas on the map we should look at housing?

Thank you!

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:13 pm
Bump

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:46 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Bump

It's very small. A couple of shuls, one elementary school with about 300 kids, a bais Yaakov and a yeshiva. Size wise it's pretty stagnant.
Not many options of kosher food- there's one small grocery store and a pizza store. Also a chain of bakeries.
The frum community is mostly in the St. Louis Park neighborhood.
Culturally it's pretty Midwestern- minneapolis is a city but it still has that slower, midwestern feel.
Lots of job opportunities especially in medical and tech.
Another point- it's very isolated. Distances in the midwest are further than you think. Don't think it's driving distance to any other frum communities- minimum 5-6 hour drives.
Also very very cold in the winter.
Other than that, it seems like a really lovely and beautiful place to live!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating