Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
The Official Neuroinflammation Thread
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:57 pm
New research linking infections to autism

Don’t expect to hear any of this from your child’s therapists , but if you want to be ahead of the curve go ahead and connect the dots yourself.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clu......html
https://www.science.org/doi/10.....05851

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 4:09 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
I feel like I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. It’s not because anyone’s trying to keep information from you, or because it’s taboo like ds once was.
It’s because no one completely understands it, and no one thing is the cure for this or there wouldn’t be so many families suffering.
It’s a looooong tough expensive ride until you figure out what works for this specific child and even then, they won’t be 100% cured. if they’re exposed to their trigger you’re back at square one. Plus if you do heal their brain completely by some magic trick you need to then retrain the brain with lots and lots of therapy and other things.
I have a list of names of doctors who I can try but all of them cost a lot of money and currently I’m not sure who the right shaliach is. My child is also in a lot of therapy plus we’re doing antibiotics, another medication and 2 other supplements. I’m a little bit hesitant to name the medications for safety reasons but I can tell you which pediatrician we went to if that helps you. We’re in Brooklyn.

Please share the ped in Brooklyn.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 12:38 pm
I really just don't understand this at all.

Autism is part of my personality and way I perceive the world. It give me strengths. As an adult, can any of this stuff make it go away? Would I want to? Would my entire personality change?

I don't have thousands of dollars to shell out either. I'm pretty wary of doing any treatment than involves spending money I don't have.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
I really just don't understand this at all.

Autism is part of my personality and way I perceive the world. It give me strengths. As an adult, can any of this stuff make it go away? Would I want to? Would my entire personality change?

I don't have thousands of dollars to shell out either. I'm pretty wary of doing any treatment than involves spending money I don't have.
Nobody is forcing you to do treatments to change your personality or your strengths if you’re happy with yourself and your life. As parents, many of us watch our children struggle in various different ways and this information helps us pave a path forward. It is in no way meant to disparage neurodiversity, only to heal the parts that are holding our children back.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 9:33 pm
Dr Raphael Kellman in Manhattan is very big in this field (integrative MD). Went to him a few years back, followed his protocols somewhat, but ultimately gave it up because of huge feeling of overwhelm. He gave very detailed plans for duet, supplements, etc. Weweretryingit for too many kids at once, and then I got pregnant and just dropped it all. But maybe a more dedicated mother would see success with him!

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 9:36 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Dr Raphael Kellman in Manhattan is very big in this field (integrative MD). Went to him a few years back, followed his protocols somewhat, but ultimately gave it up because of huge feeling of overwhelm. He gave very detailed plans for duet, supplements, etc. Weweretryingit for too many kids at once, and then I got pregnant and just dropped it all. But maybe a more dedicated mother would see success with him!
So good to have another name to add to my list. I haven’t heard of him before but he seems great.

Sima1

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 12:27 am
Ready? Here’s the ,magic pill! We have 2 kids with adhd. One very spaced out and one very impulsive. We’ve done lots of parenting techniques but all help till certain point. Kids are on focalin, but we are looking to heal them, we came across neuro feedback. Basically training/excersizing brain to be able to do heal their weaknesses. Yeah it sounds crazy but we’ve already seen results with on of the kids.

Kids have headset with electrode attached to head with a cream and they watch videos and when they are not completely focused, the video dims. If this works for real, I’m gonna scream out to the world that there’s a cure for adhd!!

We use the app myndlift, with a frum facilitator in England. It’s not crazy costly at all and fo it from home and kids love it! Any utube video works and you decide what goes on it. Yeah! Seems like a dream come true!!!

Since it’s literally fixing the problem, it takes consistency and around 6 months to a year for complete results but we see progress in our impulsive 12 yr old oldest boy. The app keeps data on everything so even if you don’t see results in real life yet, can see in reports if the brain is responding and starting to heal.

If anyone is interested in more info, let me know!

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:16 am
Sima1 wrote:
Ready? Here’s the ,magic pill! We have 2 kids with adhd. One very spaced out and one very impulsive. We’ve done lots of parenting techniques but all help till certain point. Kids are on focalin, but we are looking to heal them, we came across neuro feedback. Basically training/excersizing brain to be able to do heal their weaknesses. Yeah it sounds crazy but we’ve already seen results with on of the kids.

Kids have headset with electrode attached to head with a cream and they watch videos and when they are not completely focused, the video dims. If this works for real, I’m gonna scream out to the world that there’s a cure for adhd!!

We use the app myndlift, with a frum facilitator in England. It’s not crazy costly at all and fo it from home and kids love it! Any utube video works and you decide what goes on it. Yeah! Seems like a dream come true!!!

Since it’s literally fixing the problem, it takes consistency and around 6 months to a year for complete results but we see progress in our impulsive 12 yr old oldest boy. The app keeps data on everything so even if you don’t see results in real life yet, can see in reports if the brain is responding and starting to heal.

Lots of kids with adhd can focus just fine on video games but not other things. Also, adhd is so much more than just not focusing.

Sima1

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 5:10 am
The idea is that the videos require intense brain very involved focus that it trains all areas of brain. The electrode is moved to different parts of head and also the training is costumized to your kid as he masters different aspects … My 12 year old son with impulsivity that doesn’t have focus problems is the one that we see real everyday results already. And the fact that videos is the medium for the training is a huge perk because since it’s fixing the problem from the inside, it needs to be done consistently for 6 months to a year so it’s practical even with busy family and doesn’t need to be difficult struggle to get your kids to do it , so it’s practical to be lemasseh. Yes, sounds pretty crazy. If anyone interested, look up neuro feedback.

piegirl

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 6:26 am
I tried something similar with video games that stop when the heart rate gets too fast and forces the kid to do breathing or other exercises to calm down. Unfortunately we did it consistently for many months and it did not help him, and he got bored of the games.

Sima1

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 6:56 am
This isn’t the same games… always new videos.. and I don’t know what you used but this uses a totally different way to exercise the brain… actually fixing the adhd parts of brain. If you look it up, you’ll see what it is. The frum facilitator we used has success with all people he did it with… and we saw success already!
It’s not just calming them lowering heart rate. It’s actually fixing it.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 7:33 am
Sima1 wrote:

It’s not magic for everyone

I did it for myself and was under impressed

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:04 am
May I ask with who you are doing the neuro feedback?

Sima1

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:47 pm
https://www.myndlift.com/

This is the app we use. The company that the software is with

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 5:13 pm
Thank you

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:09 pm
Brand new research on the neuroinflammatory underpinnings of asd https://www.frontiersin.org/ar.....DfjMg

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:43 pm
Long overdue book just published on functional medicine approach to neuroinflammatory disorders by one of the top doctors in the country. Worthwhile read for any parent of a child with any sort of neuro behavioral symptoms https://www.amazon.com/Demysti.....r=8-1

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 12:02 am
Dr. Raphael Kellman
https://www.kellmancenter.com/

An incredible shaliach from Hakadosh Boruch Hu.
His name says it all…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:14 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Dr. Raphael Kellman
https://www.kellmancenter.com/

An incredible shaliach from Hakadosh Boruch Hu.
His name says it all…

can you share more? did you use for pandas? didn't see that in the list of conditions they treat when I looked at their website. thanks

marineparkimma

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 4:18 pm
He gives every patient an individualized and customized plan of care. Try calling the office, the staff is very knowledgeable and caring.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)