Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is there a Torahdik community in Akko?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:27 am
Anybody know more about a new project in Akko?

Any information would be helpful!

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 11:34 am
There is no frum community there yet. I read that they are trying to start a community of yeshivish Americans.

https://jnews.us/momentous-eve.....roel/

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:08 pm
There is a yeshivat hesder that has married students and does outreach in the community.

So, yes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:13 pm
Thank you! These are exactly the type of since I am interested in hearing more about.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:36 pm
Whether or not there is a torahdik community there or not, you should be aware that many of the Arabs who live there are שונאי ישראל that instigated a pogrom that occcured there during the operation in Gaza in May.
A Jews was murdered and many injured, some severely.
Take that into consideration.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:26 pm
etky wrote:
Whether or not there is a torahdik community there or not, you should be aware that many of the Arabs who live there are שונאי ישראל that instigated a pogrom that occcured there during the operation in Gaza in May.
A Jews was murdered and many injured, some severely.
Take that into consideration.

Thank you for bringing this up - it's a very good point.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for bringing this up - it's a very good point.

It pains me that this is an issue but unfortunately it is.

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:34 pm
etky wrote:
It pains me that this is an issue but unfortunately it is.

How is this different than any other place in Israel? Sonei Yisrael (as you call them) live everywhere and operate everywhere. Lynchings unfortunately are not unheard of and the next one probably won't be in Akko but somewhere else.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:41 pm
banana123 wrote:
How is this different than any other place in Israel? Sonei Yisrael (as you call them) live everywhere and operate everywhere. Lynchings unfortunately are not unheard of and the next one probably won't be in Akko but somewhere else.

And who wants them as a next door neighbor?
Did you not read the accounts of what went on in the mixed cities during Operation Shomer Hachomot?

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:51 pm
But why davka Akko? What about Jerusalem, Lod, Be'er Sheva, Haifa...? There are so many mixed cities. Are you saying no one should live in a mixed city if they don't want lynchings?

Then what about all the roads connecting the Jewish-only towns in Yosh? So the towns themselves are not mixed but the access roads to them are dangerous.

I really don't see a solution, that's all. Very few places in Israel are only Jewish AND have access roads that are not targeted.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:12 pm
banana123 wrote:
But why davka Akko? What about Jerusalem, Lod, Be'er Sheva, Haifa...? There are so many mixed cities. Are you saying no one should live in a mixed city if they don't want lynchings?

Then what about all the roads connecting the Jewish-only towns in Yosh? So the towns themselves are not mixed but the access roads to them are dangerous.

I really don't see a solution, that's all. Very few places in Israel are only Jewish AND have access roads that are not targeted.

No one should go into a situation uninformed of the particular dangers of the place they are moving to.
There are unique dangers and disadvantages to living in mixed cities in such close proximity to Arabs who targeted their Jewish neighbors even in their own homes.
For me that's too close for comfort and I say that as a resident of Yosh.
OP should read up about the events of May and decide for herself.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:15 pm
There is a religous community, when I lived up North there was a Bais Yaakov there I remember. Akko has a separate beach as well.

I was there last summer and I felt very unsafe walking around at night. We went to see some of the beautiful history and shuls there and a local walked us back to our car since he said it's not safe at night - and I didn't feel safe either. Lots of dirty looks from Arabs, and cursing us out under their breathe as we passed by.

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:21 pm
etky wrote:
No one should go into a situation uninformed of the particular dangers of the place they are moving to.
There are unique dangers and disadvantages to living in mixed cities in such close proximity to Arabs who targeted their Jewish neighbors even in their own homes.
For me that's too close for comfort and I say that as a resident of Yosh.
OP should read up about the events of May and decide for herself.

I agree.

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 4:47 pm
This, too.
https://www.israelnationalnews.....j19ug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions