Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
King swings vs swing it for playgrounds & more questions

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:01 pm
Are they the same company or competitors offering the same products?
Looks exactly the same to me...

See 2nd reply please for more questions Smile

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:29 pm
Swing it sells king swing swingsets from what I've seen. When they were scheduling delivery, king swings called me even though I ordered through swing it. The delivery truck says king swings. When you get a swing it swing set it says swing it in a beam and king swings in the roof. The difference is just the price as far as I know. Price them both out and see who does it cheaper. Swing it may get certain things cheaper but king swings may be cheaper in other things. If they are the same price, it would probably be nicer to go through swing it because then they get a cut and it supports Jewish people. All vinyl places raised their prices after corona. I got a quote in August last year that was much cheaper (a few hundred dollars for beams, tower etc, and like 20 or so cheaper for swings) than I got in May of this year. So don't go based on old quotes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:59 pm
Ahh. Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for explanation.
So basically, I’m not the one deciding who to buy from. We’re getting a swing set through make a wish and we asked if it can be from swing it. They said they work with specific vendors and named a different brand. I really didn’t like their work (wooden sets) and said I really like the vinyl sets from swing it. I also checked in with swing it who said they’ve worked with MAW before. They didn’t confirm they’re going with king swings- but it seems like it. So ultimately they will decide I guess who will give them a discount or whatever.

Ok, so 2 questions now. Or maybe it’s better I start a new thread or change the subject?

1) is a vinyl swing set truly superior to a wooden set & worth the increased price?

2) is sand good enough under a swing set vs rubber mulch or rubber matting/padding?

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 11:42 pm
I would start a new thread or change the subject. Unless people have experience with these companies they probably won't open the thread. Your new questions can apply to any company.
If they are willing to work with king I'm 99% sure it's the same as swing it.
If you don't want to be busy staining a swing set and dealing with replacing cracks etc then vinyl is the way to go. If you have someone at home who is handy a wooden one should be good. Just make sure the wood doesn't rot, attract bees or splinter.
Most people just put their swing sets on their grass. I assume whatever you put will be good. Mulch is often free from you local Township and can possibly get different colors. If you do it though the company you have to pay. Personally, sand sounds like it bring a huge mess into your house after your kid(s) are done playing but that's just me. The padding they sell for under the swings is also more expensive but you can likely buy it cheaper on Amazon if it doesn't come with it. I don't know which is the best option so this may not have been helpful but if it isn't included then you do have "cheaper" options to put it on. Good luck!

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So basically, I’m not the one deciding who to buy from. We’re getting a swing set through make a wish and we asked if it can be from swing it. They said they work with specific vendors and named a different brand. I really didn’t like their work (wooden sets) and said I really like the vinyl sets from swing it. I also checked in with swing it who said they’ve worked with MAW before. They didn’t confirm they’re going with king swings- but it seems like it. So ultimately they will decide I guess who will give them a discount or whatever.

Ok, so 2 questions now. Or maybe it’s better I start a new thread or change the subject?

1) is a vinyl swing set truly superior to a wooden set & worth the increased price?

2) is sand good enough under a swing set vs rubber mulch or rubber matting/padding?

Not to derail the thread You mentioned that you are getting this from Make a wish. Someone mentioned to me that I can get a swingset from make a wish but
I am wondering is this the best wish you can come up with? The top of the line is 15k or so! Isn't it a shame to spend the wish on that?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:10 am
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
I would start a new thread or change the subject. Unless people have experience with these companies they probably won't open the thread. Your new questions can apply to any company.
If they are willing to work with king I'm 99% sure it's the same as swing it.
If you don't want to be busy staining a swing set and dealing with replacing cracks etc then vinyl is the way to go. If you have someone at home who is handy a wooden one should be good. Just make sure the wood doesn't rot, attract bees or splinter.
Most people just put their swing sets on their grass. I assume whatever you put will be good. Mulch is often free from you local Township and can possibly get different colors. If you do it though the company you have to pay. Personally, sand sounds like it bring a huge mess into your house after your kid(s) are done playing but that's just me. The padding they sell for under the swings is also more expensive but you can likely buy it cheaper on Amazon if it doesn't come with it. I don't know which is the best option so this may not have been helpful but if it isn't included then you do have "cheaper" options to put it on. Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:17 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Not to derail the thread You mentioned that you are getting this from Make a wish. Someone mentioned to me that I can get a swingset from make a wish but
I am wondering is this the best wish you can come up with? The top of the line is 15k or so! Isn't it a shame to spend the wish on that?

This was my child’s wish Smile

But, tbh, it was really between this or doing a soft play area in the basement.
There are no trips happening now and I’m not interested in a pet or camper.
Regarding the 15k, it’s not quite like that. They try to get things sponsored and every region has their own committee and a budget gets decided based on the incoming wish requests (at least that was my understanding). I think most wishes get capped at about 8k. Again, depends on MAW out of pocket costs.

My friends child asked for a silver leichter but that means she (patient) won’t get to enjoy it for many years to come (they had an international trip all planned & scheduled when Covid hit and got cancelled).

Is your child eligible for maw?

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 1:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I did rubber padding.
People warned me against mulch or sand and I'm so happy I didn't do it. The mulch and sand get all over and will end up in your house from the shoes.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This was my child’s wish Smile

But, tbh, it was really between this or doing a soft play area in the basement.
There are no trips happening now and I’m not interested in a pet or camper.
Regarding the 15k, it’s not quite like that. They try to get things sponsored and every region has their own committee and a budget gets decided based on the incoming wish requests (at least that was my understanding). I think most wishes get capped at about 8k. Again, depends on MAW out of pocket costs.

My friends child asked for a silver leichter but that means she (patient) won’t get to enjoy it for many years to come (they had an international trip all planned & scheduled when Covid hit and got cancelled).

Is your child eligible for maw?
[quote][/b]
Yes she is
If your child is aging out (almost 18) I hear but I figured the sky is the limit why spend it on this?

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:16 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I did rubber padding.
People warned me against mulch or sand and I'm so happy I didn't do it. The mulch and sand get all over and will end up in your house from the shoes.

Just curious, did you buy rubber padding for under each swing or did a whole flooring of it? I won't get mulch or sand because of the mess but was curious about the rubber.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:57 am
[quote="amother [ Aster ]"]
Quote:
[/b]
Yes she is
If your child is aging out (almost 18) I hear but I figured the sky is the limit why spend it on this?

Because my child is little and this is child’s wish! After everything my child has gone through/still suffering I’m happy there’s a bright light dc’s looking forward to all year already.
What’s so hard to understand lol? Maw is what’s the child’s wish, not mine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I did rubber padding.

The rubber padding you mean like the “cement”? And warned against mulch meaning wood or rubber or both?

I actually only heard of sand idea yesterday and was curious to hear how that works out with kids...

Is rubber padding the type that can be added after or it has to be on the ground before playset is put together?

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:06 am
I don’t know how make a wish works but will they let you add outdoor soft play to your swing set? https://www.stylizednest.com/c.....50591
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics