Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Is Covenant Eyes a good filter for home laptop?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 6:59 pm
Someone told us about it. Doesnt sound cheap though. Anyone here uses it? Is it reliable?

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:41 pm
I used it. You have to be willing to read through the reports I guess. The person who installs it has to want it, otherwise they can just get around it (I guess). It was a long time ago and I honestly don’t remember.

sunshine23

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:46 pm
I have it its not in place of filter just helps u not do things on purpose. Fyi it does not work on incognito mode

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:40 pm
sunshine23 wrote:
I have it its not in place of filter just helps u not do things on purpose. Fyi it does not work on incognito mode

Oh thanks. What's the point if it doesnt work in incognito mode? Teenage boys can figure that out real quick...
Thank you for saving me the hassle.

sunshine23

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:16 pm
My husband and I made up never to use incognito. if we do, it is always flagged in the weekly report. basically, if you see it was used, you assume it was for innaporitae things.
It's a great way for kids to know "you are always aware of what goes on in the computer." your teen doesn't have to have access to the weekly reports so he won't necessarily know that it doesn't work in incognito..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:35 pm
sunshine23 wrote:
My husband and I made up never to use incognito. if we do, it is always flagged in the weekly report. basically, if you see it was used, you assume it was for innaporitae things.
It's a great way for kids to know "you are always aware of what goes on in the computer." your teen doesn't have to have access to the weekly reports so he won't necessarily know that it doesn't work in incognito..

Oh, so it does flag it. I really want to withold my teens being exposed to bad stuff at their young age. I'd rather block than find out later, as I can't always check the history.

sunshine23

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:36 pm
Exactly! It's not a filter at all and if you want to block inappropriate things you need a real filter like from TAG.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics