Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
How I escaped Hasidism - Satire
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:18 pm
A lot of people have questioned my story based on their ties to the Hasidic community, and they need to stop taking it so personally. It's one person's story. It's my personal account, and they should believe it. Not everyone's experiences have to match.

I was born in a very Hasidic community. These were very strict Hasids, so if you know Hasidic people who seem different, it's probably because the ones you know are less strict. The men wore all black and white. Any color was forbidden, so they all wore grey contact lenses. The women had to wear skirts that brushed the floor. The part that really bothered me was that women weren't allowed to drive cars, so we had to fly everywhere by helicopter or find a man to drive us. The helicopters were so noisy.

Anyway, when I was fifteen I first started to question this way of life, and the teachers at school never allowed me to ask the questions in class. I would raise my hand and ask "If G-d wanted us to wear clothing, why did He create us without it?" and the teachers were always so dismissive, saying excuses like "This is not the time," or "That question is not appropriate" or "Please, Frimmale, this is math class." Once I saw a poster of a dragon and asked a teacher what it was. The teacher told me dragons were a mythical creature that was made up.

That I can't blame her for because I know she thought it was true. But just five days later, I was walking down the street when I was snatched by a large orange dragon. At first I was scared, but then the dragon started telling me the true statistics, which show that infinitely more people are hurt each year by cars and helicopters than by dragons. This was my first taste of higher education.

Since I was less scared at that point, I asked the dragon why she was taking me away. She told me that she sensed I was special and perfect, just like a princess should be, and that even though I was technically not a princess she would crown me one. It's a myth that dragons eat princesses. They take them on world tours to be photographed with them.

As I traveled the world with Topaz, as I learned she was called, I saw that there is so much more to the world than the Hasidic community. I learned that there are places where the women drive cars and that there are men who fly helicopters. I met boys with blue eyes. I visited a hidden island in the middle of the ocean and learned that mermaids are real too.

Then Topaz told me that our world tour had to be over. She took out her time travel crystal and sent me back to where she took me from. She told me this was dragon law and that she might return in fifty years. I don't think she understood what that meant for me because dragons live forever and keep circling back to the beginning of time, traveling from planet to planet.

It was a rough adjustment for me as a newly enlightened young women going back to live with the Hasids, who I wouldn't call primitive but definitely uninformed about dragon culture. I fantasized about turning into a dragon and being able to fly wherever I wanted. I didn't want to marry a young Hasid and have ten children every year. I didn't want to wear skirts I could trip over, or any skirts at all for that matter.

When I was sixteen, I realized I could use pixie magic to do things that the rules didn't forbid because they knew nothing of them. But the magic didn't work the way I had intended. I was a teenager and didn't understand my own desires. And the truth was that I did want to start a family of my own, my own way. So the magic brought about a different change: it paired me up with a like-minded boy.

So I married that boy. And in the beginning I forgot all about magic and dragons and higher education. But then reality set in. Day after day, I was expected to do all of the cooking and housework, and then it was my fault when the house kept burning down because the bonfire ignited all the cleaning products. But the marriage counseling in our community didn't understand. Marriage is part of Hasidic life, but I had to choose between Hasidic life and our marriage.

So I told Shmuli everything. I told him that I would do anything for us. Then to his credit, he listened. He rose up into the air and spun around in a circle of golden sparkles. When he descended, he was wearing jeans and a T-shirt and his hair was gelled. He was Sam, a college graduate who preferred to order takeout rather cook or have someone cook for him.

Soon after that , we had our twins. I explained to Samuel that I needed to go off and seek self-actualization, and he understood. So I left for a few years to become a neuroscientist and bikini model. I had to make up for lost time by multitasking and modeling bikinis in the lab, but within a year I had my PHD and the cover of seven different fashiona magazines. I also ran for president of several different small countries and won. Now I am teaching my twins all about the outside world that I missed growing up.

This is my story of how the Hasidic community was holding me back until I escaped. If it doesn't match your experiences, that doesn't make my personal story any less true. People always deny my story and deny my trauma, but it's not their story to deny.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:21 pm
Their skirts brushed the floor? Ew, that's so fashionable and thus untzniusdik, they should've shortened them by a few inches.

Last edited by BrisketBoss on Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Java

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:24 pm
DEADDDDD

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:51 pm
Why was this reported? I just looked over the rules again and I don't think it breaks any of them.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why was this reported? I just looked over the rules again and I don't think it breaks any of them.

Two options. It was a mistake or someone doesn't appreciate your satire. You did nothing wrong.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A lot of people have questioned my story based on their ties to the Hasidic community, and they need to stop taking it so personally. It's one person's story. It's my personal account, and they should believe it. Not everyone's experiences have to match.

I was born in a very Hasidic community. These were very strict Hasids, so if you know Hasidic people who seem different, it's probably because the ones you know are less strict. The men wore all black and white. Any color was forbidden, so they all wore grey contact lenses. The women had to wear skirts that brushed the floor. The part that really bothered me was that women weren't allowed to drive cars, so we had to fly everywhere by helicopter or find a man to drive us. The helicopters were so noisy.

Anyway, when I was fifteen I first started to question this way of life, and the teachers at school never allowed me to ask the questions in class. I would raise my hand and ask "If G-d wanted us to wear clothing, why did He create us without it?" and the teachers were always so dismissive, saying excuses like "This is not the time," or "That question is not appropriate" or "Please, Frimmale, this is math class." Once I saw a poster of a dragon and asked a teacher what it was. The teacher told me dragons were a mythical creature that was made up.

That I can't blame her for because I know she thought it was true. But just five days later, I was walking down the street when I was snatched by a large orange dragon. At first I was scared, but then the dragon started telling me the true statistics, which show that infinitely more people are hurt each year by cars and helicopters than by dragons. This was my first taste of higher education.

Since I was less scared at that point, I asked the dragon why she was taking me away. She told me that she sensed I was special and perfect, just like a princess should be, and that even though I was technically not a princess she would crown me one. It's a myth that dragons eat princesses. They take them on world tours to be photographed with them.

As I traveled the world with Topaz, as I learned she was called, I saw that there is so much more to the world than the Hasidic community. I learned that there are places where the women drive cars and that there are men who fly helicopters. I met boys with blue eyes. I visited a hidden island in the middle of the ocean and learned that mermaids are real too.

Then Topaz told me that our world tour had to be over. She took out her time travel crystal and sent me back to where she took me from. She told me this was dragon law and that she might return in fifty years. I don't think she understood what that meant for me because dragons live forever and keep circling back to the beginning of time, traveling from planet to planet.

It was a rough adjustment for me as a newly enlightened young women going back to live with the Hasids, who I wouldn't call primitive but definitely uninformed about dragon culture. I fantasized about turning into a dragon and being able to fly wherever I wanted. I didn't want to marry a young Hasid and have ten children every year. I didn't want to wear skirts I could trip over, or any skirts at all for that matter.

When I was sixteen, I realized I could use pixie magic to do things that the rules didn't forbid because they knew nothing of them. But the magic didn't work the way I had intended. I was a teenager and didn't understand my own desires. And the truth was that I did want to start a family of my own, my own way. So the magic brought about a different change: it paired me up with a like-minded boy.

So I married that boy. And in the beginning I forgot all about magic and dragons and higher education. But then reality set in. Day after day, I was expected to do all of the cooking and housework, and then it was my fault when the house kept burning down because the bonfire ignited all the cleaning products. But the marriage counseling in our community didn't understand. Marriage is part of Hasidic life, but I had to choose between Hasidic life and our marriage.

So I told Shmuli everything. I told him that I would do anything for us. Then to his credit, he listened. He rose up into the air and spun around in a circle of golden sparkles. When he descended, he was wearing jeans and a T-shirt and his hair was gelled. He was Sam, a college graduate who preferred to order takeout rather cook or have someone cook for him.

Soon after that , we had our twins. I explained to Samuel that I needed to go off and seek self-actualization, and he understood. So I left for a few years to become a neuroscientist and bikini model. I had to make up for lost time by multitasking and modeling bikinis in the lab, but within a year I had my PHD and the cover of seven different fashiona magazines. I also ran for president of several different small countries and won. Now I am teaching my twins all about the outside world that I missed growing up.

This is my story of how the Hasidic community was holding me back until I escaped. If it doesn't match your experiences, that doesn't make my personal story any less true. People always deny my story and deny my trauma, but it's not their story to deny.

I donโ€™t know what happened after you were snatched by the orange dragon- Iโ€™m too jealous to read the rest!!

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:17 pm
Lol love it!!!

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:20 pm
sorry to be blunt, according to your writing, you seem to be an apikores and went OTD.
This is a site for frum people.

Java

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:24 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
sorry to be blunt, according to your writing, you seem to be an apikores and went OTD.

omg. It's called SATIRE.
If you want help looking for your sense of humor, I'm free till 8:45

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:30 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
omg. It's called SATIRE.
If you want help looking for your sense of humor, I'm free till 8:45

I think I was the one to find it hence I had a good laugh LOL

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:

It literally says Satire in the title, which was probably done for the benefit of those of us who may not have functional Satire Sensorsโ„ข.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:43 pm
Quote:
"Please, Frimmale, this is math class."

Lol!
Hm, the reason I am still around here must be because I was never lucky enough to meet an intelligent dragon.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:50 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
It literally says Satire in the title, which was probably done for the benefit of those of us who may not have functional Satire Sensorsโ„ข.

I think skyblue was joking

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I think skyblue was joking

Maybe, I don't know. What was the joke? Do people make similar comments to Imamother users sometimes?

sneakermom

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:55 pm
Brilliant!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:19 pm
LOL

Thanks for the laugh!

InnerMe

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:30 pm
GENIUS!!

Just One

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:35 pm
I'm a hasidic women who WANTS to drive a helicopter and DOESN'T WANT to know about dragons. Heck my life is so much more secure than that of the car crashing, dragon slaying masses. So there!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 1:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Because dragons are kefirah, surely you know that?
๐Ÿ˜‚
I loved this, please continue the story!

essie14

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:06 am
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics