Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
How I escaped Hasidism - Satire
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:27 am
Loved this op, you are really talented! LOL

mochamix18

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:30 am
🤣 pure gold. I needed this so badly this morning. You’ve got a gift OP.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 3:06 am
OP, you had me at "gray contact lenses "!

When's your Netflix series due to air?

English3

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 4:25 am
Most posts so long get my brain fried, your an excellent writer it was really entertaining. Let's have some more maybe from a different perspective.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:05 am
LOL

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:01 am
Great job!!

gamanit

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:20 am
This is awesome. Amazing writing. As you see most of us want to see a sequel Smile

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Loved this op, you are really talented! LOL
This!!!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 1:21 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Because dragons are kefirah, surely you know that?
😂
I loved this, please continue the story!

Are they?

I remember debating whether a Jewish dragon is allowed to breathe on shabbos, due to the risk of accidentally setting things on fire. The shayla centered on whether the fire is always lit inside the dragon or only activated when necessary.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 1:27 pm
Dragons are not kefirah! The word תנין is translated by some as sea-dragon.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:42 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Are they?

I remember debating whether a Jewish dragon is allowed to breathe on shabbos, due to the risk of accidentally setting things on fire. The shayla centered on whether the fire is always lit inside the dragon or only activated when necessary.

I don't care enough to get into an argument about it which is why I put this in
😂
To show people I wasn't serious 😃

Genius

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:46 pm
InnerMe wrote:
GENIUS!!

Hi

enneamom

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:49 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Are they?

A Jewish dragon has bigger problems. Unless he's a vegetarian or strictly carnivore, what to do about basar v'chalav? The entire mouth area would definitely reach a temperature of yad soledes bo.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:51 pm
The only line I don't get is "I met boys with blue eyes" after being taken away by the dragon

Blue eyes are very common among Chasidim . Is this an insider reference that I am missing?

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:52 pm
Realize that with your satire you are trivializing anyone on this board that is struggling with their community, feeling repressed. The tv show is trash, but other peoples feelings - you know the ones that dont have Netflix series, but sit home and cry and try to make things work - they can be hurting from this.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
The only line I don't get is "I met boys with blue eyes" after being taken away by the dragon

Blue eyes are very common among Chasidim . Is this an insider reference that I am missing?

OP wrote:
Any color was forbidden, so they all wore grey contact lenses.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:58 pm
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
Realize that with your satire you are trivializing anyone on this board that is struggling with their community, feeling repressed. The tv show is trash, but other peoples feelings - you know the ones that dont have Netflix series, but sit home and cry and try to make things work - they can be hurting from this.

That's probably why the OP wrote this is a satire in the title so people who would be triggered won't open this thread Rolling Eyes

Revafe

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:11 pm
Love it op!

We want more!!

CatLady

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:19 pm
Was Topaz depressed after Frima left to live her life? Or was that unique to Puff the Magic Dragon? (That song is my main source on the psychology of dragons.)

OP, this needs to be a YA book. You're a gifted writer.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:21 pm
Here's what I want to know - what kind of pixie magic does it take to have twins, and then go on to become a bikini model?

I find the dragon part far more believable. 🐉
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics