Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
3 year old untrained himself
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:34 am
HI,
im in the country and my 3 year old does not come in to use the bathroom,
he makes 1 and 2 in the pants and hes totally fine with it!

how do I get him back on track????

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:38 am
Sounds like it's time to switch back to diapers for now.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:45 am
Unfortunately this is very normal to happen when going to the bungalow colony and being out all day. There's nothing much you can do besides for back to diapers for the summer.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:49 am
op here,

cant belive I will have to do this all over again,
hes getting peyos right after the summer, I cant take him to cheder like that!
should I lock him and myself in for 4 days and try to train him again?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
op here,

That's what I would do. Nip it in the bud.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
op here,

There's no use doing it in the bungalow colony. He'll be outside again and go back to making accidents.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:58 am
You can take him inside every hour and a half and have him sit for at least 5 minutes so he will hopefully settle down and do what he needs to.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:03 am
You can buy a toilet training watch and set it to go off at set intervals (1.5, 2 hours). When it goes off, he knows he has to come back back inside and he has to at least try to use the bathroom. I would couple it with an incentive-either a small candy or piece of chocolate every time, or a sticker chart with a large prize at the end.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:08 am
I totally disagree do not put him back in diapers. You have to be on top of him. Call him in once an hour and take him to the bathroom. Make a chart with stickers for staying dry and let him earn prizes.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:22 am
Agree! Do not put him back in diapers. Start having bathroom time and insisting that he uses the bsthroom before going out. A kid could know that mom is unhappy that he is making in his pants. Is he immature? Can you talk to him? There are those kids that really aren't ready. Did you feel that he wad ready? Go back to insisting on bathroom time, reminding and asking him if he has to go and tell him accidents are not acceptable.

Of course, positive reinforcement for staying dry. And making in toilet.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:24 am
Being in the Bungalow colony is a headache for this specific situation.
You need to find him every 1-1.5 hours and sit him on the toilet and hope he does his business.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:46 am
Rebbes are very good at taking kids to the bathroom. I wouldn’t worry. Just put him in pull-ups for now and take them off when you get to the city. He knows what a bathroom is you won’t have to retrain him from scratch.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:51 am
Zehava wrote:
Rebbes are very good at taking kids to the bathroom. I wouldn’t worry. Just put him in pull-ups for now and take them off when you get to the city. He knows what a bathroom is you won’t have to retrain him from scratch.

Terrible advice from experience. It absolutely causes serious confusion that takes years to undo.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
You can buy a toilet training watch and set it to go off at set intervals (1.5, 2 hours). When it goes off, he knows he has to come back back inside and he has to at least try to use the bathroom. I would couple it with an incentive-either a small candy or piece of chocolate every time, or a sticker chart with a large prize at the end.

Not in the country, but my sister was very successful using this with my nephew.

Kids don't care enough about staying clean, when they are in the midst of something interesting or fun and they need the bathroom. They need a reminder and an incentive to come home and do what they need to do.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:54 am
He didn't untrain himself. He's busy and having fun and outside not near a bathroom.
Nip it in the bud.
Bring him inside at regular intervals to use the bathroom.
Do not put him back in diapers, then you are the one untraining him and will have a much harder time doing it all over.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Terrible advice from experience. It absolutely causes serious confusion that takes years to undo.

Hahahaha years? Please. Took my son a day

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:03 pm
Zehava wrote:

Good for you but that is not most people’s experience. Yes years. Why is my kid’s struggle funny?

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Good for you but that is not most people’s experience. Yes years. Why is my kid’s struggle funny?

Most people or maybe just your kid?
I think we need to trust our kids a bit more and stop freaking out over everything. But that’s just me.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:07 pm
Zehava wrote:
Most people or maybe just your kid?
I think we need to trust our kids a bit more and stop freaking out over everything. But that’s just me.

Most. I spoke to many people and read many posts about it. I’m doing the opposite of freaking out, who is freaking out here? Exactly trust and don’t dump your kid back in pull ups. He’s distracted so give him reminders it’s not big deal. Don’t make him feel bad and like a baby by putting him back in pull ups.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:12 pm
Zehava wrote:

Why are you laughing at someone? Gfu this wasn’t your experience. It was for many people I know.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training