Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I have a few hours, help me make them count
Previous  1  2

Reality

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:05 pm
Why don't you rent kayaks at Marine Park Bike rental and go kayaking at the salt marsh?

Then you can eat at Falafalafa which is a couple of blocks away.

That sounds like a vacation to me!

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:45 pm
Boscobel is a beautiful historic mansion w extensive grounds on the Hudson. You'll have to see if it's worth the trip but what's nice is you don't have to be outside the whole time if it's hot (though come to think of it I don't know if it has A/C but I must have gone over 30 years ago... can you tell I don't get out much?)Boscobel

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:05 pm
Check out The Giant Stairs, accessed from Stateline Lookout (bet Exits 1 & 2) on the Palisades. It’s a great hike (about 3 - 3-1/2 hours for the whole loop) and you have the woods, the cliffs, the Hudson River, etc. The terrain is varied and the scenery is gorgeous. Best of all (without traffic) it’s only about 45 minutes from Brooklyn (even closer to Manhattan) It’s our favorite dayhike in the NYC area.

GLUE

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it pretty? Or is it comparable to our local Prospect and Central park. I want to feel like I got a vacation in.

Never been to Central Park the only thing I know about Prospect is that when I was a girl my mother would drive through it to get to Crown Heights. I can tell you that the woods “swallow” you up and you can’t hear the road traffic. I think it looks nice.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries