Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do 3yr old heimish/Chasidish girls wear.....
1  2  3  Next

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:40 pm
Leggings ? My daughter just turned three and I’m thinking about Yom Tov and the coming fall/winter season. In the heimish/Chasidish world do girls age 3 usually start wearing dresses and skirts or can she still wear leggings for another year? Bear in mind she’s tall , and looks a year older than she is. Not sure if that makes a difference.
What about the JPF crowd ? Until what age do girls usually start wearing dresses and skirts only?

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:42 pm
Yeshivish - no pants after 3

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:43 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
Yeshivish - no pants after 3
meaning when she’s 4 or the day she turns 3?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:44 pm
In Lakewood, leggings at 3 is fine generally. Once they hit kindergarten, they’re usually in dresses and skirts.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:45 pm
Highly depends on the school. Chassidish girls from Williamsburg wear tights from the day they turn 3

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:46 pm
tigerwife wrote:
In Lakewood, leggings at 3 is fine generally. Once they hit kindergarten, they’re usually in dresses and skirts.

Ok. So that’s what I was thinking I’ll do for her. I don’t know the norms when it comes to girls stuff.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:48 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Highly depends on the school. Chassidish girls from Williamsburg wear tights from the day they turn 3

She won’t be going to school until next year. She’ll be in playgroup until she turns 4. But she’s not a Chasidish girl from Williamsburg either. We are more Chasidish “ish”, JPF and Heimish all mixed together and she won’t be going to a Chasidish school

helpful

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:49 pm
in my circles (middle-of-the-road chassidish), most girls start wearing skirts/ dresses at approximately age 3.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:50 pm
helpful wrote:
in my circles (middle-of-the-road chassidish), most girls start wearing skirts/ dresses at approximately age 3.

So like Shabbos it will be totally inappropriate for her to wear a pretty sweater with ribbed leggings ?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:51 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
She won’t be going to school until next year. She’ll be in playgroup until she turns 4. But she’s not a Chasidish girl from Williamsburg either. We are more Chasidish “ish”, JPF and Heimish all mixed together and she won’t be going to a Chasidish school

you get to do what you like then

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:51 pm
I start when they turn 3. In lkwd. In 3 yr old group some stayed in leggings.
In 4 year old group there was one kid wearing pants.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:53 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
So like Shabbos it will be totally inappropriate for her to wear a pretty sweater with ribbed leggings ?

It would probably more appropriate to wear leggings only during the week and do dresses for shabbos.

I'm yeshivish. When my girls turn three I keep them in leggings but won't specifically by new especially if its mid season. by the time they are closer to 4 its no leggings anymore.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:57 pm
I've done dresses on Shabbos and YT since newborn. But I have friends who do leggings up to 3.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:58 pm
I better start going on a hunt for skirts for her or jumpers and dresses. I have enough Shabbos stuff for her .
Where can I find size 4T skirts , for fall winter, that are decently priced? I got her a tiered skirt in H&M , and she looks ridiculous in it. Leggings is so much easier . Sigh.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:00 pm
Can you do leggings with a short short dress/jumper or longer tunic top?

ecs

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I better start going on a hunt for skirts for her or jumpers and dresses. I have enough Shabbos stuff for her .
Where can I find size 4T skirts , for fall winter, that are decently priced? I got her a tiered skirt in H&M , and she looks ridiculous in it. Leggings is so much easier . Sigh.

A dress or jumper will look a lot better than skirts at this age. Zara usually has a nice selection.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:02 pm
ecs wrote:
A dress or jumper will look a lot better than skirts at this age. Zara usually has a nice selection.

She has a whole bunch of nice sweaters and tops with no bottoms. It didn’t dawn on me to think about no more pants before I shopped .

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Can you do leggings with a short short dress/jumper or longer tunic top?

I did this a lot last winter with her. It was more of a fashion thing. But I like the idea . Forgot about that.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:08 pm
I'm chassidish. My girls wore leggings till they started nursery at 4. But they often wore tunic length tops or short dresses over leggings. I liked that look better for their age, they didn't look like overgrown babies.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
She has a whole bunch of nice sweaters and tops with no bottoms. It didn’t dawn on me to think about no more pants before I shopped .

You can do a mini skirt with tights or leggings under. You can use suspenders to hold the skirt up.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics