Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do 3yr old heimish/Chasidish girls wear.....
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:10 pm
I’m just plain frum slightly leaning to yeshivish. I stop when I buy for the new season after my daughters turn 3. So if my daughter turned 3 in jan she continues with leggings/ pants until I buy sprig clothing and then I switch to dresses. So it’s not like today you turned 3 no more pants.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:10 pm
Is there like a hashkafic thing about putting frum toddlers in leggings instead of actual pants? Beged isha, pants are more like real clothes and we can't have them wearing real clothes that are pants?

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:12 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
Is there like a hashkafic thing about putting frum toddlers in leggings instead of actual pants? Beged isha, pants are more like real clothes and we can't have them wearing real clothes that are pants?

My oldest daughter used to wear pants or jeans. It's not in anymore. Nowdays girls wear leggings.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:13 pm

It’s a style thing. I do both leggings and pants.

ecs

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I did this a lot last winter with her. It was more of a fashion thing. But I like the idea . Forgot about that.

That's a great idea.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:14 pm

No. It’s just a comfort and fashion thing.
They also come in lots of cute colors and patterns. They are more fun.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:26 pm

I just find my kids more comfortable with stretchy leggings 🤷‍♀️. They also fit my long and skinny kid better. I also put them under dresses though.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:33 pm
I’m JPF and keep my girls in leggings until 6.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:35 pm
I personally think skirtalls look neater with a sweatshirt worn from the outside.

I’m enjoying this very much
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Won.....82357

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 8:38 pm
I've gotten most weekday skirts/skorts for that age from The Children's Place, Gap, maybe Carter's, Old Navy...
I've gotten a lot of solid black and occasionally other colors from The Children's Place, skirts like this style, but I don't see the black ones. Maybe they'll get them in soon with their Fall stuff https://www.childrensplace.com.....-1708
https://www.childrensplace.com.....-32TI

I also have this or a similar type of skirt too for my daughter (not sure if the fabric is different or not) https://www.childrensplace.com.....83-01

And something like this type https://www.childrensplace.com.....95-IV

I also have a bunch of navy ones in a similar style to this, maybe they'll get them in with their Fall stuff https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent

These sites have other stuff, Carter's and Old Navy too... Zara probably has, H&M...
Maybe check out the sale items on Tottini's site if they have stuff in your daughter's size.

I've also gotten some cute winter jumpers from Zara when they come out with their Fall/Winter stuff.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:56 pm
tigerwife wrote:
In Lakewood, leggings at 3 is fine generally. Once they hit kindergarten, they’re usually in dresses and skirts.

Agree. Also the summer before kindergarten, most do skirts/ dresses and no shorts.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:58 pm
I would do short skirts, jumpers and dresses with leggings underneath. I feel like they already look a little overgrown at that age in just leggings.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:08 pm
Thanks everyone for the input. It was very helpful.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:22 pm
Yeshivish, live oot
Girls in pants/leggings until kindergarten"ish" (during kindergarten year stop getting new pants/leggings for when not in uniform) so by 1st grade no more pants. (But my daughter is tiny and looks younger than her age so if I had the opposite, I may transition sooner.)
But for shabbos I wouldn't have in leggings anymore past age 2-3.

joyful mom

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I’m just plain frum slightly leaning to yeshivish. I stop when I buy for the new season after my daughters turn 3. So if my daughter turned 3 in jan she continues with leggings/ pants until I buy sprig clothing and then I switch to dresses. So it’s not like today you turned 3 no more pants.

I do the same, especially when they turn 3 in the winter and would continue the leggings only until the spring. I also prefer dresses for this age rather than skirts or jumpers as they're so much neater.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
I personally think skirtalls look neater with a sweatshirt worn from the outside.

I’m enjoying this very much
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Won.....82357

These are really cute….

I’d wear the leggings instead of tights and wear the dresses/skirts/tunics over it. Short sweaters, especially on a tall kid, can have that outgrown look to it.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:20 am
Personally to me at that age it looks like they forgot to put on the skirt . I would do dresses or jumpers with cute knee socks or tights ( skirts I find to shluchy at that age )

realsilver

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:36 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I better start going on a hunt for skirts for her or jumpers and dresses. I have enough Shabbos stuff for her .
Where can I find size 4T skirts , for fall winter, that are decently priced? I got her a tiered skirt in H&M , and she looks ridiculous in it. Leggings is so much easier . Sigh.

You need dresses. Little girls look silly in skirts.
You need a short dress, as short as it goes! And cute little socks

imaima

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:29 am
Do girls not wear dresses and leggings anymore?

I feel like things don't add up in my head.

I understand skirts from age 3, but I find tights higher maintenance so why not dresses)tunics and leggings?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:43 am
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
My oldest daughter used to wear pants or jeans. It's not in anymore. Nowdays girls wear leggings.

I think I am pregnant with another girl, and my other girl is a teenager already.
I am petrified by this thread.
When I had my other girl, she was wearing whatever I could find on sale.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics