Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Augmentin and diarrhea. Update
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:15 pm
So I have to say a big thank you to boro pharmacy from bp. If somebody from there is on here. Dh and I walked down there and they were so helpful. Mr. Rappaport ( I think thats what his name is) knows his stuff very well.
So here's what I learned. Some probiotics can be given together with antibiotics. Florastor is one. He had a few different brands, strengths, and types. I came home with florastor kids and a chewable from nutri supreme. The chewable I can't give together. He knew exactly which brand and which type to give me. I might give the florastor together with the meds and a little later the chewable. Florastor is a different type than the chewable. Or I might just give the chewable. I bought the florastor because I remember a nurse in my pediatricians office telling me it's something good to have in the house for anytime a kids has even a mild upset stomach.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:16 pm
Adding as a playgroup morah that just had this experience: do not send to playgroup! It might not be contagious anymore but it's not fair to her to change so many dirty diapers that leak thru!!
Refua sheleima!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:26 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Adding as a playgroup morah that just had this experience: do not send to playgroup! It might not be contagious anymore but it's not fair to her to change so many dirty diapers that leak thru!!
Refua sheleima!!

He's not in playgrp regardless. Tnx for your input.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:32 pm
Yes, Florastor is a fantastic probiotic. Highly recommend. Good luck!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Yes, Florastor is a fantastic probiotic. Highly recommend. Good luck!

Florastor is/has S.B strain which I mentioned upthread. It’s best for when on broad spectrum abx.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 8:50 pm
Tnx everybody for your help. The 2 probiotics I gave worked magic. It took 24 hrs to see a difference. It's still loose but only once more twice a day and it's not leaking through.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:31 pm
That’s awesome! Thank you for the update. It’s good to keep giving with every dose and for a few days after you finish the meds too. It’s also good to give the medicine with a meal or at least milk.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:37 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
That’s awesome! Thank you for the update. It’s good to keep giving with every dose and for a few days after you finish the meds too. It’s also good to give the medicine with a meal or at least milk.

I give it twice a day because that's how many times I give the antibiotics. That's what the pharmacist told me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics