Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Would you have liked Julia Haart to be your mother?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Taking into account what we know about Julia Haart's life choices, personality, her parenting, treatment of and advice to her children, and assuming its all at least 75% accurate, would you have liked Julia Haart to be your mother?
Yes, Id be thrilled (please offer reasons).  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Im neutral on this. Theres lots that I dont like, but lots that I do like.  
 3%  [ 5 ]
No, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.  
 11%  [ 18 ]
No way! How can anyone even ask (please offer reasons)?  
 82%  [ 134 ]
Other (please explain).  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 163

IsraeliSoul

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:48 pm
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
conversations all feel contrived and stilted. So awkward.

I agree

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:51 pm
IsraeliSoul wrote:
I agree
Also weird that they are all celebrating the airing of this show even though there was so much they were apparently upset about while being filmed? That’s the part that leaves me scratching my head. I have zero interest in being filmed ever, but if I did, I imagine the moment it crossed a line or made me uncomfortable or embarrassed my spouse I’d be like, sorry, I’m outta here. And if they forced me because I had signed some kind of contract, I certainly wouldn’t be promoting it on my insta. So confused.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:53 pm
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
She also wrote details about her daughter’s s-x life in her memoir (which she hopefully removed when Batsheva got upset.) And she told her daughter that she can’t get pregnant until she’s 30.
More people will be watching the show than reading her memoir so the damage has been done.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:09 pm
As someone who grow up in an extreme frum/strict household where my life, and my choices were micromanaged and mapped out, from what I’m reading on here she is pretty much doing many of the same things herself. Sans the frum part.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 11:57 pm
Sometimes I wonder if her kids are real or just blow-up dolls.

Her behavior towards her kids seems beyond any boundaries of sane and acceptable.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 2:42 am
I really think she's unhealthy.
I say that as someone who is way way left wing frum, as in I don't cover my hair and I wear pants, and I sent some of my kids to secular high schools.

I haven't seen the show but a few snippets here and there tell me enough. I saw a few minute clip where she tells her son he is 'disappointing' her because he chooses to be frum. And that she knows better because she's 49.

That is so manipulative and wrong. Yes, she does seem narcissistic. She is narrowing her child's choices just as much as extreme orthodox parents would (I can see this playing out with them saying an OTD child is disappointing them. And crying).

But I guess she is a fanatic for secular life. There are fanatics in every walk of life.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:20 am
Totally not... however it's awesome to be privileged as in super wealthy I rather want to live a modest life instead of a life based on money, appearance and a mother who is busy with my uterus.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:19 am
What kind of question is this???

This site has a weird obsession with her.

Absolutely not and my mother is abusive as well (though not in this level) but I rather keep her.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:24 am
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
What kind of question is this???

This site has a weird obsession with her.

Absolutely not and my mother is abusive as well (though not in this level) but I rather keep her.

It's the 9 days we can go do partying, some of us still can't go on a vacation because we turned ''red'' and can't travel outsid so we are still stucked home with our WiFi.

lk1234

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:08 am
For goodness sakes this thread is inappropriate !! I reported the ops post. It's erev Tisha beav!!

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:42 am
lk1234 wrote:
For goodness sakes this thread is inappropriate !! I reported the ops post. It's erev Tisha beav!!
No tomorrow is erev tisha b'av it's erev shabbos though

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 8:36 am
She talks about how she is about female empowerment in many articles.
I don’t believe it.
She controls every aspect of her kids lives and manipulated them to do what she wants.
That isn’t empowerment.

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 8:39 am
trixx wrote:
Saw a reform liberal Dr write on Twitter that she appears to be narcissistic.

Seems histrionic to me. That would explain the perceived s-xual oppression and the need to dress in a provocative manner as well as the overall focus on s-x.
I don’t judge her, these things don’t develop from happiness and joy. But I do wish she would stop trashing our community.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:01 am
I am grateful to have been raised by an absolute prude, especially after reading about this lady.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:21 am
lk1234 wrote:

I’m not sure you are correct. The halachos are definitely different for public sinners who cause others to sin, but I am not sure the exact details. I don’t have time to look it up right now, but if anyone here is more well versed, perhaps they can chime in.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I’m not sure you are correct. The halachos are definitely different for public sinners who cause others to sin, but I am not sure the exact details. I don’t have time to look it up right now, but if anyone here is more well versed, perhaps they can chime in.

Pretty sure when someone makes a public Netflix documentary, all bets are off but if we were all working on our middos we would probably refrain even though its not actual loshon harah

amother
Narcissus

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:32 am
If I had a mother who dressed, talked and acted like her, I'd change my name and move to another continent.

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:35 am
Seriously?
like seriously?!
whats the point of the question??

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:36 am
causemommysaid wrote:
Pretty sure when someone makes a public Netflix documentary, all bets are off but if we were all working on our middos we would probably refrain even though its not actual loshon harah

Even if it's not technically loshon hara (which I think it is), people here are not exactly taking the high road about this.

Why not discuss about how we would do things differently, and use it as a learning moment, instead of just bashing and looking down on a fellow Jew who we don't agree with?

IMHO, the self righteousness and outrage on this subject is entirely out of proportion, and every post just gives her more exposure on the internet. You're helping her advertise, you know that, right?

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Even if it's not technically loshon hara (which I think it is), people here are not exactly taking the high road about this.

Why not discuss about how we would do things differently, and use it as a learning moment, instead of just bashing and looking down on a fellow Jew who we don't agree with?

IMHO, the self righteousness and outrage on this subject is entirely out of proportion, and every post just gives her more exposure on the internet. You're helping her advertise, you know that, right?

I'm just addressing the loshon harah aspect. I have no skin in the game either way. Never knew her and I don't care what she does.

I hate reality TV and couldn't get past the first episode.

https://torah.org/learning/halashon-chapter8/
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics