Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mycoplasma question
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:35 pm
Hi,
Posting for a friend-

Her child has been complaining for a while now on this, that and the other. Recent bloodwork showed mycoplasma. Her pediatrician said she can put her on azithromycin for a month, but only if she’s ready for it.

Who can help her figure out if this truly needs to be treated? Infectious disease Dr?

Tia!

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:38 pm
What complaints specifically? Was it igm or igg that was elevated? How high and what was the range?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
What complaints specifically? Was it igm or igg that was elevated? How high and what was the range?

She was waiting for the ped to send her the lab results, so don’t know yet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:40 pm
Regarding complains I think it was mostly about limb pain in different areas at different times.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Regarding complains I think it was mostly about limb pain in different areas at different times.
Then yes, I would treat. This is a really good herbal formula for chronic mycoplasma as an alternative to antibiotics. Can’t really go wrong this way https://www.oxygenhealthsystem.....w_wcB

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 2:01 am

Both were elevated
The igg is about 3x the normal range & igm is double the normal range.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 2:03 am
Then yes, I would treat. This is a really good herbal formula for chronic mycoplasma as an alternative to antibiotics. Can’t really go wrong this way https://www.oxygenhealthsystem.....w_wcB

Thanks. Is your experience with pandas?

Looks nice! is this typically sold in health food shops?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Is your experience with pandas?

Looks nice! is this typically sold in health food shops?
Not sure what you’re asking but mycoplasma can cause many symptoms, not just neurobehavioral. I doubt you’ll find that in a local health shop, you’re better off ordering it online.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:56 pm
Mycoplasma can cause pandas so be careful

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:25 am
Dr Ernest Viscontti in Staten Island is very familiar with this infection.

Mycoplasma can cause many things, asthma, rheumatoid Arthritis etc.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Dr Ernest Viscontti in Staten Island is very familiar with this infection.

Mycoplasma can cause many things, asthma, rheumatoid Arthritis etc.
Hes an llmd and very often chronic mycoplasma is a sign of underlying Lyme disease.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:45 am
Mycoplasma is an extremely serious condition!

You can use herbs if you want, but at the same time please ask your doctor to treat it with Cipro. Anything less is only going to kill off the weakest of the strain, and leave the stronger ones to take over.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:07 pm
Hes an llmd and very often chronic mycoplasma is a sign of underlying Lyme disease.

What if Lyme disease comes up negative on blood tests?

I'm so worried. DS has mycoplasma for a good few months. No signs of pandas though, what is it?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:

I'm so worried. DS has mycoplasma for a good few months. No signs of pandas though, what is it?
I wouldn’t trust standard blood tests to be accurate for Lyme. They have a very high rate of false negatives. Pandas, or pans really, would mean the infection was causing neuro behavioral symptoms.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Mycoplasma is an extremely serious condition!

You can use herbs if you want, but at the same time please ask your doctor to treat it with Cipro. Anything less is only going to kill off the weakest of the strain, and leave the stronger ones to take over.
Personally, I would stay away from cipro unless it was literally a matter of life and death. It’s in a class of antibiotics that are very, very toxic. Mycoplasma is very antibiotic resistant, but there are some good ones that touch it, and actually that’s why herbs are sometimes more recommended, they attack the bacteria via very different mechanisms than antibiotics, and developing resistance is not an issue.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:

You may think he has no pandas symptoms but he may have without you realizing that it is a pandas symptom.
Fears, daytime or nighttime wetting, poop issues, food pickiness, sensory issues, dopamine issues, anxiety, sleep issues, defiance and other behaviors that make you want to punch a wall, muscle pain, you name it, if you’re struggling with anything it’s very likely a symptom.
There are lists and lists of stuff that so pandas symptoms, way beyond what Google will ever tell you.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
You may think he has no pandas symptoms but he may have without you realizing that it is a pandas symptom.
Fears, daytime or nighttime wetting, poop issues, food pickiness, sensory issues, dopamine issues, anxiety, sleep issues, defiance and other behaviors that make you want to punch a wall, muscle pain, you name it, if you’re struggling with anything it’s very likely a symptom.
There are lists and lists of stuff that so pandas symptoms, way beyond what Google will ever tell you.

None of these symptoms. But he's always been a good, easy kid.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:17 pm
I wouldn’t trust standard blood tests to be accurate for Lyme. They have a very high rate of false negatives. Pandas, or pans really, would mean the infection was causing neuro behavioral symptoms.

So how would I know if he really has lymes?

And what are the herbs that treat it?

Google says it's very antibiotic resistant, and that's been our experience. No antibiotic touched this.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
None of these symptoms. But he's always been a good, easy kid.

Wow, that’s amazing! I wouldn’t worry if I were you unless you start seeing symptoms.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Wow, that’s amazing! I wouldn’t worry if I were you unless you start seeing symptoms.

He had the mycplasma symptoms for a few months though. Coughing, sore throat, 99-100 fever (which my doctor claims is not fever) and headaches. He's doing better now b'h but it's the summer now and no pressure.... I'm so worried what will be come September.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics