Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did any of you know Julia Haart?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:00 am
What was she like when she was living as an Orthodox Jew? Did she seem happy in the community? Did she have many friends in the community? Is it possible that maybe for one reason or another she wasn’t accepted by the community and that’s why she left? What was she like as an Orthodox Jew? Did any of you see any red flag that could lead you to believe this would happen?

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:12 am
She was smart, talented, accomplished, a star. Seemed very very happy. Super dancer, dressed very stylishly, definitely not yeshivish type of dress, etc etc.
No red flags.

If she is a narc or has borderline personality disorder, that would explain this whole business.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:26 am
who is she???

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:29 am
I always remembered her for her long thin heels and stylish clothes but she seemed an active accepted part of the community

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:31 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
who is she???

Talia Leibov from Monsey

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:11 am
She looks familiar must have seen her around Monsey. She looks like she's wearing a wig. I guess it's prettier than her hair

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:12 am
Her name was Hendler changed it to Hart. When she wakes up it might just be very late

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:14 am
Other than pure LH, what is the purpose of this thread?

sequoia

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:15 am
You know, not everyone who chooses not to be religious is going to “wake up” one day and say, “my god, what have I done? there’s no life outside of orthodoxy!”

Most people just live, but without shabbos and kashrut. Get it?

lk1234

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:10 am
I see this ops post was already reported. This is inappropriate!!!Please someone have this removed, especially as t is erev Tisha beav!!

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:28 am
lk1234 wrote:
I see this ops post was already reported. This is inappropriate!!!Please someone have this removed, especially as t is erev Tisha beav!!

What does erev tisha baav have to do with anything? You legit think it’s loshon hara to talk about Julia???!!!!!!!???!!!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 7:25 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
What does erev tisha baav have to do with anything? You legit think it’s loshon hara to talk about Julia???!!!!!!!???!!!

Even if you don’t, this invites discussion about her family, her group of friends, her high school, her community……

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 7:59 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
talking about a fellow jew is lashon hara.
It doesnt matter if ehat she is doing is right or wrong.
Its still lashon hara.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
She was smart, talented, accomplished, a star. Seemed very very happy. Super dancer, dressed very stylishly, definitely not yeshivish type of dress, etc etc.
No red flags.

I would describe her this way as well. I grew up in Monsey, went to the same school as her a few years younger. Saw her around, growing up.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
talking about a fellow jew is lashon hara.
It doesnt matter if ehat she is doing is right or wrong.
Its still lashon hara.

If you know some Hilochos LH this is totally incorrect in the case of Julia who obviously is fully aware and threw it all away. But agree that it can lead to LH about family etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:38 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
Even if you don’t, this invites discussion about her family, her group of friends, her high school, her community……

Well, most of the posts here are not exactly taking the high road. Why not just work on improving yourself?

IMHO, the self righteousness and outrage on this subject is entirely out of proportion, and every post just gives her more exposure on the internet.

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:43 am
I knew her towards the end - I met her maybe about five or six before she left. She did not seem happy to me at all. It was obvious that she did not fit in to her group of friends anymore and that she wanted something different from life.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:44 am
I learned hilchos loshon hora, and it is not loshon hora to speak about someone that obviously threw away everything and is embarassing and making the frum jews look bad. If she was someone that didnt know better then it would be lashon hora.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:44 am
This thread is VERY important.

I personally was swept up with and almost joined the OTD world.

What caused me to rethink was a random thread of this nature on Haskafa.com about the then famous, now forgotten OTD heroes in the secular media.

Not a single one of them was being 100% truthful about their past. The overwhelming majority were being very untruthful.

That thread was the start and a major catalyst of my disillusionment with the OTD world

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:46 am
Also she chose to create a tv show. She knew that a tv show becomes a topic everyone discusses. She literally wants the world to discuss her show and story.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics