Home

Still unsure if you should vaccinate?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:02 am
https://www.oann.com/fact-chec.....ines/
Back to top

amother




NeonPurple
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:46 am
I can't open.
Is it for or against?
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:52 am
I'm sure it's against..Bec anti vaxxers are the ones starting all the vaxx threads. Plus they always go anonymous.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
I can't open.
Is it for or against?
against.
I opened it to see, watched all of ten seconds and exed out of it.
And yup, like above poster said, only anti vaxxers are posting things like this.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:20 am
The people in Africa, who have plenty of HCQ, but not enough hospital beds and oxygen tanks are not too happy when they hear that rich people can take booster shots while they get nothing so those who don't want the vaccines should make sure that the sick and dying are getting a chance.
Back to top

amother




Pansy
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:43 am
There Were More COVID-19 Vaccine Deaths Last Week in US than COVID-19 Deaths
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c.....aths/
Back to top

amother




Alyssum
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
There Were More COVID-19 Vaccine Deaths Last Week in US than COVID-19 Deaths
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c.....aths/

That's great! It means we are on our way to beating COVID-19.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:05 pm
I wonder why RW news sources other than off the wall sites are not reporting on vaccine deaths. Where are the bodies? We heard plenty last year about the difficulty burying the dead in a timely fashion.
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:16 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I wonder why RW news sources other than off the wall sites are not reporting on vaccine deaths. Where are the bodies? We heard plenty last year about the difficulty burying the dead in a timely fashion.


Because they are being silenced and censored. They are writing them off as dying from other causes. Thankfully there aren't piles of bodies because people aren't dying in the high numbers like at the peak of covid. But that doesn't mean vaccinated deaths are not happening.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:45 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Because they are being silenced and censored. They are writing them off as dying from other causes. Thankfully there aren't piles of bodies because people aren't dying in the high numbers like at the peak of covid. But that doesn't mean vaccinated deaths are not happening.


It's hard to imagine Breitbart being censored. Or Newsmax or NY post.
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:53 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It's hard to imagine Breitbart being censored. Or Newsmax or NY post.


It's actually not that hard to imagine with all the censoring that's going on and is unfortunately becoming the norm.
Back to top

amother




Geranium
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:10 pm
Vaccine failure is getting harder to ignore. In England, Scotland, Israel, there is no statistical difference in death numbers between vaxed and unvaxed.

In fact, if you view charts from countries around the world, it is the countries that are the most vaxed that are currently having surges.

They're claiming the vaccine isn't as effective against the delta variant but that's ridiculous. It's known that viruses mutate. It was known when the vaccine development was first started, that in a year's time the strain would be different.
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Vaccine failure is getting harder to ignore. In England, Scotland, Israel, there is no statistical difference in death numbers between vaxed and unvaxed.

In fact, if you view charts from countries around the world, it is the countries that are the most vaxed that are currently having surges.

They're claiming the vaccine isn't as effective against the delta variant but that's ridiculous. It's known that viruses mutate. It was known when the vaccine development was first started, that in a year's time the strain would be different.


Exactly. But the breakthrough cases, which are increasing, will just be blamed on the unvaccinated, which obviously makes no sense. If the vaccine was so effective, so many vaccinated people should not be getting covid. Clearly the vaccine is not working as well as advertised.
Back to top

amother




Feverfew
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:37 pm
The goal of the vaccines is and always has been to prevent severe cases and worse, which they are still doing in huge numbers. Most of the people becoming severely ill and hospitalized from covid right now were not vaccinated. For most people, the vaccines can turn covid into a mild illness. That is huge, especially given that we still do not have much in the way of effective treatments for severe covid.

Unfortunately, because enough people have not been vaccinated yet, the virus has been able to continue to find hosts easily and mutate more and now we are dealing with strains that are even more contagious. That’s the only way they can mutate—by continuing to find hosts. That puts everyone at risk, but most especially everyone who has not yet been vaccinated, either by choice or circumstance (too young, not available where one lives, etc.).

That’s pretty concerning—the vaccinated folks should mostly be okay—some may get sick, but not severely so (yes, there are very sadly exceptions), but the unvaccinated folks are now likely at even higher risk than before due to the greater contagiousness of the variants.

The most effective way to protect ourselves from becoming severely ill is to get vaccinated. And probably wear a mask indoors as well for the time being. Nothing is 100%, but we have these tools that Hashem gave us that can markedly improve our chances of staying healthy. Baruch HaShem that we have such tools today! Prior generations faced pandemics with absolutely nothing they could do about it in addition to praying. And virtually every possible side effect of the vaccines is vastly more controllable than the same thing that can happen to a person when they have severe covid—the very small number of cases of clots, inflammation, etc—everything the vaccine could very rarely do, covid has done worse.

I say this all as a parent of a child who has had real, documented allergic reactions to every vaccine he has had and is also at higher risk from covid. We are absolutely desperate for our doctors to find a way to safely give this vaccine without causing an anaphylactic reaction. I am sure that we are not alone—there are other people and parents out there who are in similar situations. In a world where everyone who is not allergic (or otherwise unable medically) to a vaccine takes it, my child would be able to be protected without being put at risk of anaphylaxis. But because so many people refuse to take the vaccine, we cannot rely on that to protect him and must search for ways to mitigate the risks as much as possible. And we want to get him the vaccine not only to protect himself, but because there are other children and people who are even more vulnerable. We’re all still responsible for each other.
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:48 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
The goal of the vaccines is and always has been to prevent severe cases and worse, which they are still doing in huge numbers. Most of the people becoming severely ill and hospitalized from covid right now were not vaccinated. For most people, the vaccines can turn covid into a mild illness. That is huge, especially given that we still do not have much in the way of effective treatments for severe covid.

Unfortunately, because enough people have not been vaccinated yet, the virus has been able to continue to find hosts easily and mutate more and now we are dealing with strains that are even more contagious. That’s the only way they can mutate—by continuing to find hosts. That puts everyone at risk, but most especially everyone who has not yet been vaccinated, either by choice or circumstance (too young, not available where one lives, etc.).

That’s pretty concerning—the vaccinated folks should mostly be okay—some may get sick, but not severely so (yes, there are very sadly exceptions), but the unvaccinated folks are now likely at even higher risk than before due to the greater contagiousness of the variants.

The most effective way to protect ourselves from becoming severely ill is to get vaccinated. And probably wear a mask indoors as well for the time being. Nothing is 100%, but we have these tools that Hashem gave us that can markedly improve our chances of staying healthy. Baruch HaShem that we have such tools today! Prior generations faced pandemics with absolutely nothing they could do about it in addition to praying. And virtually every possible side effect of the vaccines is vastly more controllable than the same thing that can happen to a person when they have severe covid—the very small number of cases of clots, inflammation, etc—everything the vaccine could very rarely do, covid has done worse.

I say this all as a parent of a child who has had real, documented allergic reactions to every vaccine he has had and is also at higher risk from covid. We are absolutely desperate for our doctors to find a way to safely give this vaccine without causing an anaphylactic reaction. I am sure that we are not alone—there are other people and parents out there who are in similar situations. In a world where everyone who is not allergic (or otherwise unable medically) to a vaccine takes it, my child would be able to be protected without being put at risk of anaphylaxis. But because so many people refuse to take the vaccine, we cannot rely on that to protect him and must search for ways to mitigate the risks as much as possible. And we want to get him the vaccine not only to protect himself, but because there are other children and people who are even more vulnerable. We’re all still responsible for each other.


There is a lot of misinformation in this post. Viruses don't mutate because of non-vaccinated people. They also mutate because of the vaccines. Before the vaccines were introduced, there were no other variants. Additionally, vaccines that work are important. But if this vaccine is not effective against the new strains, why would you take it and put yourself at risk for the negative side effects that come along with it? The areas with the highest rates of vaccinated people now have the highest rate of active covid cases. Isreal reported that the pfizer vaccine is much less effective than they thought it would be against the delta variant, so it won't necessarily help if more people take the vaccine, as the vaccine isn't protecting people anyway. Unfortunately there have been many adverse reactions from taking the vaccine, and it is very understandable if people don't want to take that risk or put their children through that risk.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
It's actually not that hard to imagine with all the censoring that's going on and is unfortunately becoming the norm.


Somehow gateway pundit found a way not to be censored so I don't think that it's impossible.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:03 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
There is a lot of misinformation in this post. Viruses don't mutate because of non-vaccinated people. They also mutate because of the vaccines. Before the vaccines were introduced, there were no other variants. Additionally, vaccines that work are important. But if this vaccine is not effective against the new strains, why would you take it and put yourself at risk for the negative side effects that come along with it? The areas with the highest rates of vaccinated people now have the highest rate of active covid cases. Isreal reported that the pfizer vaccine is much less effective than they thought it would be against the delta variant, so it won't necessarily help if more people take the vaccine, as the vaccine isn't protecting people anyway. Unfortunately there have been many adverse reactions from taking the vaccine, and it is very understandable if people don't want to take that risk or put their children through that risk.


One way that the virus mutates is when it's caught by someone who is immune suppressed and takes several weeks to fight it.
Back to top

healthymom1




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:25 pm
I would never get the vaccine

But seriously can we shut up about the vaccine already!!!

Whoever wants it already got it or will do
Whoever doesn’t want it hasn’t gotten it and will continue to try and stay away.

No one at this point is changing anyone’s mind!
Move on with your lives as you see fit.
Back to top

amother




Feverfew
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 7:57 pm
I disagree. I think these conversations continue to have a role. Not everyone has made up their mind. As well, as those of us with younger children have kids become eligible, we have to make decisions. Not everyone is black/white on this question.

In any event, here is a piece from Reuters news service on the subject of whether vaccines cause variants. https://www.reuters.com/articl.....NL1M2

And on the disproportionate impact of the delta variant on unvaccinated people--as of two days ago, all of the people hospitalized in LA county hospitals for covid were not yet vaccinated or fully vaccinated. They should have a refuah shleimah. https://abc7.com/unvaccinated-.....7037/
Back to top

amother




Catmint
 

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
The goal of the vaccines is and always has been to prevent severe cases and worse, which they are still doing in huge numbers. Most of the people becoming severely ill and hospitalized from covid right now were not vaccinated. For most people, the vaccines can turn covid into a mild illness. That is huge, especially given that we still do not have much in the way of effective treatments for severe covid.

Unfortunately, because enough people have not been vaccinated yet, the virus has been able to continue to find hosts easily and mutate more and now we are dealing with strains that are even more contagious. That’s the only way they can mutate—by continuing to find hosts. That puts everyone at risk, but most especially everyone who has not yet been vaccinated, either by choice or circumstance (too young, not available where one lives, etc.).

That’s pretty concerning—the vaccinated folks should mostly be okay—some may get sick, but not severely so (yes, there are very sadly exceptions), but the unvaccinated folks are now likely at even higher risk than before due to the greater contagiousness of the variants.

The most effective way to protect ourselves from becoming severely ill is to get vaccinated. And probably wear a mask indoors as well for the time being. Nothing is 100%, but we have these tools that Hashem gave us that can markedly improve our chances of staying healthy. Baruch HaShem that we have such tools today! Prior generations faced pandemics with absolutely nothing they could do about it in addition to praying. And virtually every possible side effect of the vaccines is vastly more controllable than the same thing that can happen to a person when they have severe covid—the very small number of cases of clots, inflammation, etc—everything the vaccine could very rarely do, covid has done worse.

I say this all as a parent of a child who has had real, documented allergic reactions to every vaccine he has had and is also at higher risk from covid. We are absolutely desperate for our doctors to find a way to safely give this vaccine without causing an anaphylactic reaction. I am sure that we are not alone—there are other people and parents out there who are in similar situations. In a world where everyone who is not allergic (or otherwise unable medically) to a vaccine takes it, my child would be able to be protected without being put at risk of anaphylaxis. But because so many people refuse to take the vaccine, we cannot rely on that to protect him and must search for ways to mitigate the risks as much as possible. And we want to get him the vaccine not only to protect himself, but because there are other children and people who are even more vulnerable. We’re all still responsible for each other.

Who are the unvaccinated hosts though? I work in an urgent care doing a high volume of testing. 80% of the positive cases I’m seeing now are fully vaccinated. I’m wondering why the unvaccinated population isn’t getting hit as hard right now. My husband thinks at this point everyone already had covid or is vaccinated so not as many people to get sick. The patients I’m seeing are quite sick but since it’s an urgent care setting I don’t have the follow up to know if they ended up hospitalized or dying.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] Are healthy vaccinated people still worried about Covid?
by amother
16 Yesterday at 8:59 pm View last post
I left the chicken soup out Fri nt- can we still eat it?
by amother
3 Sun, Oct 10 2021, 5:27 pm View last post
It's 9 pm and my mesivta son still not home
by amother
64 Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:53 am View last post
15 yr old dd still hasn’t gotten first period
by amother
28 Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:51 am View last post
Does Orchidea still have lunch buffet?
by amother
2 Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:21 am View last post