Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/O Is speaking of those who are Machti es Harabim LH?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:45 am
S/O Is speaking of those who are happily, excitedly, passionately Machti es Harabim, Lashon Hara or not?

To those here who have written that they are disgusted with talk here about the celebrity with the Netflix series, and are 100% sure that we are all going to Gehenom for speaking Lashon Hara about this celebrity with the Netflix series, have you consulted a Rov?

You are certain of that. Im not certain of that.

Please ponder this.

Anyone watching or hearing about this series, without thinking deeply about her, might be thinking, "Hey what she did is great"," shes a pioneer, and is free from observing Judaism", and "she seems to be so happy, Id love to run away too".

This may or may not plant a dangerous conscious or subconscious seed of interest in some, in doing similar or the same, at some point.

I think when we point out her warts and ugliness, those who may have thought she has it all, and everyone admires her and wishes theyd be like her, will definitely think again when being reminded of her warts, and mental/emotional weaknesses, and there are many.

Sometimes what we think is Muttar is Assur, and sometimes what we think is Assur is Muttar.

Thats why we arent supposed to be Poskim, were supposed to GO TO Poskim.

So, please check this out with a Posek in this area (Lashon Hara), and come back and name the Rov and what the Rov said.

Until then, please dont be a Posek.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:50 am
https://torah.org/learning/halashon-chapter8/

I doubt talking about her qualifies as loshon harah but if we were better people we would probably try not to discuss it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:00 am
causemommysaid wrote:
https://torah.org/learning/halashon-chapter8/

I doubt talking about her qualifies as loshon harah but if we were better people we would probably try not to discuss it.

I think if were aiming to be better people, because of the potential horrific damage this very public woman chose and chooses to do, we would leave ALL opinions aside and consult with a Posek about whether to discuss her in public.

Planting a seed in thousands of minds, with no factual rebuttals, may not be a good thing.

On the contrary, it may be a Mitzvah to smear her.

But only a competent Posek can decide the exact halacha.

None of us (including myself).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics