Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ever want to yell at a poster
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:27 pm
Just a vent.
Ever want to tell a person like it is, but bite your tongue because you don’t know their fragility on line and don’t want to cause harm.

So frustrating. Just want to scream that the person is so entitled, self absorbed, close minded, naive, immature, stupid, entitled (yes I know I said it 2x)….or whatever.

Rant over.
Thank you and have a good Shabbos.

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just a vent.
Ever want to tell a person like it is, but bite your tongue because you don’t know their fragility on line and don’t want to cause harm.

So frustrating. Just want to scream that the person is so entitled, self absorbed, close minded, naive, immature, stupid, entitled (yes I know I said it 2x)….or whatever.

Rant over.
Thank you and have a good Shabbos.

Yeah for sure someone in the politics forum who sounds just so stupid and immature but of course ya can’t cuz of getting in trouble here

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:29 pm
I had to open this, just to check if you meant "person who posts" or "sign posted on the wall".
I've probably wanted to yell at both, and one time or another...!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:31 pm
Not really. I don't get offended or take it personally if someone has a different opinion than I do. And I ignore posts that are bashful and rude. And if I post something controversial, I expect backlash and I don't take it personally or seriously. Imamother for me is entertainment.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:31 pm
It’s not only politics!!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:32 pm
I don't usually feel it's my place to yell at other people.

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:37 pm
Hi OP

You sound like an intolerant opinionated b*tchy kind of person.

How was that?

Serious speaking, no. I don't feel like yelling at people.
If I think something, I write it as it is.

I try to be nice about it if it's something really hurtful, but I don't want to yell at anyone or whatever.
At the end of the day it's only the internet and I have my own life to live, so I couldn't care less..

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:37 pm
No, but I sometimes feel like I want to yell at people who take Imamother way too seriously and need to get off the internet and find some real friends and a life

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:43 pm
When I start becoming that emotionally invested in imamother, I know it’s time to take a break.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:48 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Hi OP

You sound like an intolerant opinionated b*tchy kind of person.

How was that?

Serious speaking, no. I don't feel like yelling at people.
If I think something, I write it as it is.

I try to be nice about it if it's something really hurtful, but I don't want to yell at anyone or whatever.
At the end of the day it's only the internet and I have my own life to live, so I couldn't care less..

So interesting, I said that I don’t write things as I don’t want to cause harm and people may be emotionally fragile. Your response was to call me a b*tch.
I guess you really do write things as you see them.
Have a great Shabbos.

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So interesting, I said that I don’t write things as I don’t want to cause harm and people may be emotionally fragile. Your response was to call me a b*tch.
Have a great Shabbos.

She was joking. You can tell by the line break followed by "Serious[ly] speaking."

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have a great Shabbos.

Omg, she obviously isn't serious and was just bringing an example.....
Oh my, I can't believe you took it seriously.

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:52 pm
Ok we've talked about passive aggressive hugs. Now we need to talk about passive aggressive "Good Shabbos"es. LOL

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:55 pm
I don't want to yell, but I've had days where I am just so broken, falling to pieces. No one knows what I'm going through and posters had to hammer me over a silly comment I didn't know better then to write. But, it's online, what can I expect. It's not their fault my husband hits me like hell and I'm telling them so how should they know. They also could be having a bad day.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:08 pm
I don’t yell but I do call things as I see them and sometimes people interpret it as yelling

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have a great Shabbos.

Hey I was kidding.

Good Shabbos to you too.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:13 pm
My pet peeve is when I ask a poster why are you yelling? And the reply is I’m not yelling did you hear me yelling? Duh, you can yell post too.
P.s. if a poster is rude I call her out, and I like to stick up for people who are bashed for no good reason. If you call it yelling that’s fine with me.
Good Shabbos! Director

singleagain

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
My pet peeve is when I ask a poster why are you yelling? And the reply is I’m not yelling did you hear me yelling? Duh, you can yell post too.
P.s. if a poster is rude I call her out, and I like to stick up for people who are bashed for no good reason. If you call it yelling that’s fine with me.
Good Shabbos! Director

When posting. Yelling is TYPING IN ALL CAPS. If they aren't typing in all caps it's a lot harder to determine yelling

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:21 pm
singleagain wrote:
When posting. Yelling is TYPING IN ALL CAPS. If they aren't typing in all caps it's a lot harder to determine yelling

Yes that’s one sign of yelling but there are other ones too. Nastiness and anger can be very obvious in posts even without ALL CAPS.

Did you just hear what I said? You need to get your ears checked!!!! yesterday!! I can’t understand your negligence! (How’s that without ALL CAPS?)

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have a great Shabbos.

Laugh
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette