Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Hate not taking a shower motzeish 9 bAv or brush teeth am
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:42 pm
It's the only night I don't take a shower. I really hate not being able to take a shower on motzei shabbos when Sunday is Tisha bAv or brush my teeth in the morning.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:51 pm
That's good, it's a day when we're not supposed to feel comfortable.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:04 am
Same! I totally agree op.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:16 am
I didnt take a shower tonight so I won't sleep well. tomorrow night I'll probably take a cool uncomfortable shower and feel guilty.
what I'm even more unsure about is the kids. they didn't bathe tonight but what about tomorrow? how can they not bathe two nights in a row?

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:23 am
If needed, the younger kids get a 9 days bath, in and out.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:27 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I didnt take a shower tonight so I won't sleep well. tomorrow night I'll probably take a cool uncomfortable shower and feel guilty.
what I'm even more unsure about is the kids. they didn't bathe tonight but what about tomorrow? how can they not bathe two nights in a row?

My kids bathe 2-3 times a week and they’re perfectly fine, healthy, fresh smelling kids bh.
It’s Tisha Bav for goodness sake.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:28 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

my baby got dirty today but I just washed her tush in water with a bit of soap
ill wash her monday I guess

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:34 am
I hate that the Bais Hamikdash isnt around! And that we are in golus.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:36 am
doodlesmom wrote:

enough with the sanctimonious comments

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:36 am
I'm all for daily baths. But this is a big no no on Tisha Bav. Right up there with leather shoes and all.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:40 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
enough with the sanctimonious comments

It’s all perspective.
As someone who sat Shivah way too young for someone way too young, I definitely look at these things very differently.

The discomfort is very minor to the pain.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:44 am
So tishaBav comes out on a Sunday more often than not because of shabbos but if you want you can try to stop sins chinam then next time you'll be able to take a bath brush your teeth everything

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's the only night I don't take a shower. I really hate not being able to take a shower on motzei shabbos when Sunday is Tisha bAv or brush my teeth in the morning.

I’m with you. When tisha baav falls on motse Shabbos it’s the biggest stretch of no freshening up... I’ll probably be up all night. Some people are pickier than others with nightly showers. I totally get your discomfort.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:46 am
So tishaBav comes out on a Sunday more often than not because of shabbos but if you want you can try to stop sinas chinam then next time you'll be able to take a bath brush your teeth everything

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:47 am
If kids will be up tomorrow after maariv I’ll give them a quick bath, otherwise Monday morning.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:48 am
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
So tishaBav comes out on a Sunday more often than not because of shabbos but if you want you can try to stop sinas chinam then next time you'll be able to take a bath brush your teeth everything

Great idea. Amein.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:02 am
doodlesmom wrote:
[I]

Hashem help us be worthy enough to see the bais hamikdash be rebuilt in our days amein!

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:13 am
Ask your rabbi what you can and can’t do.
Some people I know have received a heter to brush their teeth with a dry toothbrush.

I was told I can bathe my kids Sunday evening before the fast is out. 9 days style - in and out.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:56 am
fwiw, my children are very sensitive. they get rashes from sweat and other sensitive areas when they don't bathe daily. we bathe every single night other than special days and it's hard every time.
I feel the galus just like the rest of you. I'm fasting and in early pregnancy. sitting on the floor, taking care of my kids since 7am. not looking or asking for a heter on anything but yea, not showering for more than 48 hrs is hard for us.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:04 am
Yep. It's really hot, and really humid. I feel like I'm covered in a thin layer of glue, and my breath is GROSS. I also want a fresh change of clothes, and I need to wash my linens.

It's OK to know that on one hand galus is horrible and we should daven daily for Moshiach and the restoration of the Temple soon and in our days.

That doesn't mean that we're not allowed to complain a little bit about being uncomfortable. A person can have several emotions going on at once.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days