Home

He pretended to fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 6:38 pm
Every year tisha beav comes round and besides the sadness of the destruction of the beis hamikdosh I recall the years when xdh became less frum and pretended to go to shul but went into town etc instead, obviously leaving dss behind.
I wonder if he thought I didn't realise. This confirmed my suspicions every time.

It's been several years now since we split up and those feelings/memories still pop up every year.

Thank you for listening

SafeAtLast

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 6:49 pm
I feel sad for your XH too.

It's not easy needing to pretend.

amother

Ballota

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 6:58 pm
My DH is doing the same, faking it all but at least I know, and at least he puts on a good show for the kids.
One of the things I daven for on regularly is for DH and all others to do teshuva.

amother

OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:07 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
I feel sad for your XH too.

It's not easy needing to pretend.

Its very compassionate of you to feel sad for him. Just saying that his pretending act resulted me pretending and covering up for him too.....

amother

Feverfew

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its very compassionate of you to feel sad for him. Just saying that his pretending act resulted me pretending and covering up for him too.....

I get that. We kind of always have to do that though. I feel it's not right that my DH slept until almost chatzos today, but then...I'm not going to tell him what to do and I'm not going to let family know about it. I kind of have fantasies in my head about letting stuff slip on a phone call but it's not my place.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note