Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What did you break the fast on?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:04 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
You ready?
You asked
I had a coffee with Caramel cheese cake and connolis. And then we had chocolate cheese muffins. Then I had potatoes and sour cream. Then I almost threw up. Tada

Lol. Was wondering how you felt after all that. Then I read the last sentence.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:06 am
You ready?
You asked
I had a coffee with Caramel cheese cake and connolis. And then we had chocolate cheese muffins. And dairy barley soup. Then I had potatoes and sour cream. Then I almost threw up. Tada

I love it. Breaking fast is weird because you think you'll want to eat a lot but then you actually don't because your body has gone into starvation mode and so you get full faster. In general it doesn't feel as enjoyable as a regular meal.

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:07 am
2 omelettes with melted cheese
Lukshen cheese kugel
Brownie
Water
Powerade

Served a lot more but this is what I ate. I was satisfied even though I usually eat much more.

N'sMom

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:07 am
You ready?
You asked
I had a coffee with Caramel cheese cake and connolis. And then we had chocolate cheese muffins. And dairy barley soup. Then I had potatoes and sour cream. Then I almost threw up. Tada

What are chocolate cheese muffins? Can I PLEASE have the recipe???

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:00 am
Coffee and bean soup.
My parents have a minhag to make a siyum motsi tisha bav, so they fast ois with juice and kokosh cake and then have a regular fleishige seuda with fish, soup and fleish.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:06 am
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
Coffee and bean soup.

Please tell me this isn't one dish!

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:08 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Please tell me this isn't one dish!

Lol, no it is not, but coffee does come from beans... hmm?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:10 am
Lol, no it is not, but coffee does come from beans... hmm?

You make a fair point!

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:12 am
vegetable soup
cheese and crackers

mac and cheese for the kids
vegetable frittata for dh and I

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:24 am
Coffee and bean soup.
My parents have a minhag to make a siyum motsi tisha bav, so they fast ois with juice and kokosh cake and then have a regular fleishige seuda with fish, soup and fleish.

Siyum on motzei tisha B’Av? Dont know

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:56 am
A chocolate chip shortbread cookie made from butter. Not margarine. I’m still dreaming about it.

Then the peas love n carrots dairy delicious soup.
Seven grain avocado toast.
Figs and feta cheese.

Totally stuffed!! Best meal ever!!

SwissAlps

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 4:15 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
By the way, does anyone have the thing I have where the roof of your mouth feels a little painful or uncomfortable when you eat substantial solid food after a fast?

Yes! If I have something very sweet, my throat feels entirely raw... I try not to have anything to sweet right after a fast, but I usually break my fast on cake and orange juice so it almost always happens...

This year I made biscotti that doesn't have a ton of sugar so didn't get that feeling right away... but when I had orange juice, I got it slightly. Also had vegetable soup and baked ziti.

salt

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 4:31 am
Vegetable soup and bread plus finishing off the parev leftovers from shabbat (kugel, salads, etc).

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:34 am
I was sick all Shabbos day, so nauseous I carried a bucket around with me (when I managed to get out of bed at 3pm) and barely was able to eat some ice chips and rice cakes.

So I went into the fast dehydrated and unprepared 🙈

BH I wasn’t nauseous anymore by tisha b’av morning and lasted pretty well the rest of the fast (BH was able to take a nap in the afternoon). But I broke my fast on half a cup of orange juice and half a cinnamon roll and that felt like soooo much food!!

I’ve been trying to drink small amounts of water at intervals to rehydrate (because the idea of guzzling a whole cup at once makes me feel sick again).

tziviakayla

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:38 am
With family: Eggs, pasta, bagels

By myself, when no one was looking: Hershey's chocolate bar and 4 Reese's peanut butter cups Very Happy

Chloe22

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:03 am
Coffee, challah and butter

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:28 am
A cup of water then straight into a cold shower. After a boiling hot day with no air conditioning I was desperate to cool my body down, and had no appetite.

After I felt normal again, I had scrambled eggs with bread. In a slow and dignified manner. And lots to drink. Watermelon for dessert.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:34 am
Watermelon

Then half a bagel and cream cheese, cinnamon bun, Oj and coffee.

I woke up this morning feeling incredibly weak and lightheaded and ran to eat something

Mayflower

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:37 am
Grape juice, then water
Watermelon, grapes and 2 peaches
French fries (baked) and salad, water
Tea and more water

I'm nursing and wasn't really hungry but mainly focused on rehydrating. B'H I don't think my milk supply suffered too much.

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:51 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
By the way, does anyone have the thing I have where the roof of your mouth feels a little painful or uncomfortable when you eat substantial solid food after a fast?

while I don't know the science behind it but when you break a fast you must first drink since your body needs liquid more than anything else, that feeling is of a dryness. so if you drink at least 1 cup of water this should not happen. Your welcome!
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note