Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Fully vaccinated with - PSA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:54 am
Yes, people are still getting covid, even vaccinated people. I know a few. The vaccine was not supposed to eradicate the virus. It was supposed to do exactly what it is doing, making the symptoms less severe, at least for the people I know who got it, the symptoms were negligible at best.

Eisheschayil123

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:57 am
FYI people who are vaccinated are getting the new variant as reported from Israel and Uk. ( about 40-50% of hospitalizations) this is definitely worrying! I say lets be cautious and not let our guards down. Take the vitamins recommended (c,d,zinc,quercetin) and daven for the end of the maka! And the galus!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:58 am
In a laboratory, three medications appear to be possibilities in the treatment of Covid; a drug for plaques in the arteries, a cancer drug, and a drug for HIV.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:34 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Yes, people are still getting covid, even vaccinated people. I know a few. The vaccine was not supposed to eradicate the virus. It was supposed to do exactly what it is doing, making the symptoms less severe, at least for the people I know who got it, the symptoms were negligible at best.

It’s not negligible. Just had another one - born in 1994 - who we advised to go to the hospital. She had Moderna.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:38 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
The idea of withholding information because people can’t be trusted to use their brains works for authoritarian dictators. I would think imamothers would trust their fellow imas to make good decisions based on honest information they share. If OP is so much smarter than all of us that she can’t be truthful I’m not sure we need to take this seriously.

You seem to have an axe to grind. Not sure why you’re so mad. I’m sharing information. I don’t say I’m smarter than any of you, I simply work on the front lines and see something you haven’t yet.

My PSA was this: if you have symptoms, go get tested, regardless of your vaccination status. That’s it. If you want an excuse to discredit me, go ahead. Not sure what you gain, but maybe it helps you sleep at night.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:47 pm
hypoxia?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You seem to have an axe to grind. Not sure why you’re so mad. I’m sharing information. I don’t say I’m smarter than any of you, I simply work on the front lines and see something you haven’t yet.

My PSA was this: if you have symptoms, go get tested, regardless of your vaccination status. That’s it. If you want an excuse to discredit me, go ahead. Not sure what you gain, but maybe it helps you sleep at night.

OP thanks for sharing your experiences. It is helpful to hear from someone who is actually dealing with what is going on.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's probably the safest way to go. Why sit around and pretend that everything is fine when this virus can quickly take over the body? Why isn't everyone getting this?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:02 pm
OP what are the symptoms?
I'm asking because I'm trying to figure it out if I need to run to the Dr. if my kids have the common cold symptoms. One had sore throat last week for 2 days and my 3 year old has a low grade fever since last night. None of them had coughs or headaches or real fever or anything like that.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No axe to grind.
I don’t like being treated like a child and not given the credit to make informed decisions based on honest sharing of information.
I didn’t care for your superior condescending tone.
Could be that’s just the way you communicate with people.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:02 pm
I work in a hospital in brooklyn (not flatbush or Bp though) and we have no covid patients. Don’t know if OP is trying to scare ppl or if you are in a different location but just wanted to put it out there….

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:43 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I work in a hospital in brooklyn (not flatbush or Bp though) and we have no covid patients. Don’t know if OP is trying to scare ppl or if you are in a different location but just wanted to put it out there….

Thank you

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s not negligible. Just had another one - born in 1994 - who we advised to go to the hospital. She had Moderna.

Are these young people who took the shots fairing worse? How are they fairing compared to the young unvax?

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:06 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

this is what I dont understand.....many ppl in israel are getting the delta variant even those who got the vaccine.

if israel is so sure the vaccine will prevent death or severe symptoms/hospitalizations, then why are they postponing allowing tourists? ( many israelis parnassa relies on tourism)

I believe op but, im still wondering if the vaccine is working or not. I personally got vaccinated bec I think my job will mandate it(they still require masking), and I didnt want to have to rush to get it when my job forces us to. I took j n j. I am still wary of the new technology and I do take precautions not to go to indoor ... etc(although my dh and kids think the vaccine will protect them and they dont take precautions) but something doesnt add up bec does the vaccine work or not? theres conflicting info all over about this.

etky

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
this is what I dont understand.....many ppl in israel are getting the delta variant even those who got the vaccine.

if israel is so sure the vaccine will prevent death or severe symptoms/hospitalizations, then why are they postponing allowing tourists? ( many israelis parnassa relies on tourism)

I believe op but, im still wondering if the vaccine is working or not. I personally got vaccinated bec I think my job will mandate it(they still require masking), and I didnt want to have to rush to get it when my job forces us to. I took j n j. I am still wary of the new technology and I do take precautions not to go to indoor ... etc(although my dh and kids think the vaccine will protect them and they dont take precautions) but something doesnt add up bec does the vaccine work or not? theres conflicting info all over about this.

The truth: no one really knows yet and everyone - in all countries it seems - is flying by the seat of their pants.
Every day there is different information here in Israel but the gist is that the vaccine seems to have much reduced efficacy against Delta both in preventing contagion and now it seems also in preventing severe illness (this was the latest item that I read just now). There is uncertainty if the reason the vaccine seems especially ineffective in the over 65 age group is that they were vaccinated first and thus they have fewer antibodies now, six months later, or if age really makes them more vulnerable to Delta.

taketwo

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

1. How many doses?
2. How long after the second dose did she get exposed?
3. Does she have preexisting conditions?
4. What were her symptoms that she was advised to go to the hospital.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:31 pm
Op, I'm curious if you're seeing any infections in people who had covid and later got vaccinated.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:34 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Yes, but the Op said young, vaccinated people are requiring medical attention for SERIOUS symptoms. This is truly upsetting news. This must mean the vaccinated are protected somewhat against some strains of Covid, but not enough against other strains, particularly the Delta Variant. The American Academy of Pediatrics (which I trust any day over the CDC) is recommending all students and teachers wear masks for the coming school year, even vaccinated adults and teens. I believe it was the Surgeon General who side the Fourth Wave is here. Ladies, I believe it is time to mask up in public spaces once again, and to protect our unvaccinated children from unmasked contact with other unvaccinated people (if you care to avoid exposing them to Covid). I am shocked, depressed, and battling denial, but I don't think this is over...

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:48 pm
Sounds like the yomim tovim will not be an optimum time for large crowds unless something drastically changed.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You know what? I don't want to. Because then someone in Boro Park can say, "Oh, good, it's only in Queens" and someone in Brooklyn can say, "Oh, good, it's only in Passaic" and someone in Manhattan can say, "Oh, good, it's only in Miami" and someone in Orlando can say, "Oh, good, it's only in Cleveland," and on and on it goes.

If there's one thing we've learned is that when it's somewhere, it's going to be everywhere.

Remember way back when it was “only” in China, and we didn’t worry too much about it?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics