Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Fully vaccinated with - PSA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Lita

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:59 pm
OP, can you please share what are the exact same symptoms? Thank you

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:04 pm
I think that watching the NYS numbers for new hospital admissions, changes to COVID ICU patients, and changes to numbers of ICU with intubation are something to watch. BH The daily death counts are single digits again, but the meaningful leading indicators to me will be watching the numbers hospitalized, numbers in ICU, etc. Those are leading because typically heaven forbid those who succumb will end up there before. Also, the hit on the hospitalizations are kind of the "so what?"---yes, lots of people can get this variant of COVID, and what does that mean for serious cases. The numbers have gone up a LOT in the last few days for these particular metrics, and for me are worth watching over the next week or 2. Given everywhere is pretty much business as usual, a city like NYC or a state like NYS are pretty indicative of where the continental trend will go.

I'm fully vaccinated and only one in my household (<12) is not. I'm glad there are lots of options to be outdoors these days so we can enjoy things and people with reduced risks.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:16 pm
OP, you said you're waiting to hear whether they have Delta variant..... Can you explain the science please?

As far as I understand, that testing is only at a state level and it's whole genome surveillance..... if regular doctors and labs aren't doing any testing to know that it's Delta...... how do we know WHAT it is, or even if it's Covid (if we're basing it on PCR testing which doesn't even confirm covid??)

---- still confused about all of this!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 3:58 pm
UPDATE:

We are seeing more and more fully vaccinated individuals come into our office with Covid. Very young people, with the same full gamut of symptoms. Loss of taste and smell. Body aches. Sore throat. A cold.

Often, they insist that they can't be sick because they're vaccinated.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
UPDATE:

We are seeing more and more fully vaccinated individuals come into our office with Covid. Very young people, with the same full gamut of symptoms. Loss of taste and smell. Body aches. Sore throat. A cold.

What about people that have recovered from Covid-19?

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 6:27 pm
My son is fully vaccinated and he is now sick with corona. He's quite miserable. Sad

justforfun87

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
UPDATE:

My question is if you are seeing it in equal numbers as non vaxxed?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 6:54 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
My question is if you are seeing it in equal numbers as non vaxxed?

the number needs to be normalized to the local percentage of fully vaxxed folks for the comparison to inform the significance of vaccination or not.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 7:02 pm
My friend's mother is sick with covid now and was vaccinated. It's probably worn off by now, the antibodies from the vaccine start to wane after about 6 weeks apparently.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 7:25 pm
OP - I think the most important question is how many of these patients died?
If none, then just imagine they had a bad flu, its miserable and not fun but everyone should calm down!!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
OP - I think the most important question is how many of these patients died?
If none, then just imagine they had a bad flu, its miserable and not fun but everyone should calm down!!

Not any less than non vaccinated ones. How many non vaccinated do you know that died from Delta?

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:53 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
the number needs to be normalized to the local percentage of fully vaxxed folks for the comparison to inform the significance of vaccination or not.

Exactly. Something is off with OP's posts. This doesn't sound like a report coming out of any facility, or anyone working in the field. It reeks of an agenda. Someone working in the field wouldn't just isolate one group and report only on that. They would report that Covid cases are increases and we are seeing cases in both the vaxxed and non-vaxxed, and give us some information about the full picture.

To come here and just report that the numbers are increasing in vaxxed patients, without context in any which way, and refuse to answer any relevant question, gives the impression that its all made up.

If it smells like a fish.....

chestnut

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Exactly. Something is off with OP's posts. This doesn't sound like a report coming out of any facility, or anyone working in the field. It reeks of an agenda. Someone working in the field wouldn't just isolate one group and report only on that. They would report that Covid cases are increases and we are seeing cases in both the vaxxed and non-vaxxed, and give us some information about the full picture.

To come here and just report that the numbers are increasing in vaxxed patients, without context in any which way, and refuse to answer any relevant question, gives the impression that its all made up.

Right. And especially from a medical professional. I suppose the goal is that vaccinated people should test for covid if having symptoms, not think they absolutely can't get it, but still...

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:07 pm
chestnut wrote:
Right. And especially from a medical professional. I suppose the goal is that vaccinated people should test for covid if having symptoms, not think they absolutely can't get it, but still...

But still indeed... A medical professional wouldn't state it in this fashion. They'd would state that Covid cases are increasing rapidly, and we have vaccinated individuals among them. And they'd give an idea of the numbers they're talking about, so not to create undue fear. The choice of words that OP used can set off panic in the vaccinated individuals. That's why the way professionals phrase their words carefully. And that is what triggered my radar here. I'm in the medical field, for reference sake.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
My friend's mother is sick with covid now and was vaccinated. It's probably worn off by now, the antibodies from the vaccine start to wane after about 6 weeks apparently.

6 weeks? Who the heck will inject themselves every 6 weeks

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:

So if doctors say that vaccinated people are getting sick then they have an agenda and it "smells like a fish" but if doctors claim that only unvaccinated people are getting sick then its perfectly acceptable, doesnt smell fishy and is not agenda driven to get people to vaccinate? Why the double standards?

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:12 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
So if doctors say that vaccinated people are getting sick then they have an agenda and it "smells like a fish" but if doctors claim that only unvaccinated people are getting sick then its perfectly acceptable, doesnt smell fishy and is not agenda driven to get people to vaccinate? Why the double standards?

Nope - neither is acceptable, but that wasn't my point at all. Doctors should say who is getting sick, but when they do they should provide the full picture. To do otherwise, is unethical as it creates either false worry or false hope.

bookie

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
UPDATE:

Did these patients have covid before and were vaxxed and are now getting it again?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

That is exactly what’s happening. Interesting the protests and disbelief when things are flipped.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:30 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
That is exactly what’s happening. Interesting the protests and disbelief when things are flipped.

It's only happening in the laymen's circles. Please post such happenings in the professional circles. Provides links to hospitals and facilities who are posting numbers from only one group and ignoring the other.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics