Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Fully vaccinated with - PSA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:34 am
imorethanamother wrote:
Untrue. Antibodies from having Covid wear off relatively quickly. Someone who had it in December no longer had antibodies in May. Everyone keeps saying "I have antibodies", but I don't know anyone outside of the medical establishment (and even then) who tests themselves every few weeks to make sure.

Unfortunately, I also know people who had it really badly and now have it really badly again. They're shocked. I'm so tired of all this misinformation.

False. My husband had a terrible case of covid in December. He was hospitalized and nearly didn't make it.

He tested his antibodies 2 weeks ago and his antibodies were the highest that the test could register. So from December to August still had tons of antibodies.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:35 am
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
No u missed my point. How many people now in general who have covid are dying? Barely any... so why are we so fixated with it? It's like getting the flu at this point

USA count for last week - 864 deaths, 12,297 hospitalizations.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
False. My husband had a terrible case of covid in December. He was hospitalized and nearly didn't make it.

He tested his antibodies 2 weeks ago and his antibodies were the highest that the test could register. So from December to August still had tons of antibodies.

For some people it lasts, and for some it doesn't. We don't know just why yet. Because of that, no one can really assume they have antibodies without doing follow up tests.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:42 am
imorethanamother wrote:
Untrue. Antibodies from having Covid wear off relatively quickly. Someone who had it in December no longer had antibodies in May. Everyone keeps saying "I have antibodies", but I don't know anyone outside of the medical establishment (and even then) who tests themselves every few weeks to make sure.

Unfortunately, I also know people who had it really badly and now have it really badly again. They're shocked. I'm so tired of all this misinformation.

Wrong. Maybe for some, but many many people have antibodies for a long long time after. My husband had covid in the first wave in march 2020, he tested a full year later and still had strong antibodies. I just tested after many many months and bh still have. Many people that I know test every few months to make sure they still have antibodies.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's shocking is that they're EXACTLY the same. Same intensity of symptoms, too. And these are really young people!

Still waiting on whether they have the Delta variant, but boy do I hate that term.

How can they tell which variant?

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:01 am
Op I wasn't going to answer this thread because it doesn't seem you are looking for understanding you are just trying to show us how dumb we are and how smart you are. As you see with this thread there is so much unknown with this virus. There is no way anyone can be sure of anything. The fact that you are so sure of yourself and the politically tainted science you are being fed(definition of science is an educated guess btw so there is no outright right and wrong) is the reason why we don't trust you because being so sure doesn't allow for true science-that is educated guesses and evaluations as time goes on.

Fascinated

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
When will people realize the vaccine is causing more damage then good. Dont label me anti vaax , I take the flu shot yearly. I had covid so didn't take the vaccine. Now im seeing most vaccinated people getting sick and many hospitalized. Scary. Glad I had covid cuz possibly would've taken the vaccine.
I was closely exposed to covid many times and didnt get it again (had it 12 months ago) all my vaccinated neighbors have covid now , I spent alot of time with them. And I didnt get it again.

You know of "many" vaccinated people who are being hospitalized? Can you expand on that please with more detail? Are they older and immunized 5 months ago or more? How many approximately if you don't mind clarifying? That sounds quite unusual based on the information I have.Please be forthcoming in sharing this important detail you asserted. I am also curious where it is that many doubly vaccinated people are being hospitalized with severe Covid now.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
OP, did you see anyone test positive that had a positive covid test in the past? (Regardless of vaccine status)

My mother had covid right in the beginning and now she has it again (not vaccinated)both times where pretty severe fever, coughing, chills and extremely weak.
My father had covid 3 times first time severe second time in between vaccines was weak but no fever 3rd time (vaccinated) was now with my mother he tested negative but definitely had symptoms but not as sick as my mother is.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 4:25 pm
I just saw the latest numbers for NJ. The number of covid cases in vaccinated people was something like a quarter of a percent. The number of vaccinated people hospitalized with covid was .006%. Of course there are breakthroughs, but it's a very small percentage.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 4:27 pm

It really depends on the person. My family members who had covid in March 2020 all still have high antibodies now. I, who had covid in February 2021, have no antibodies.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 4:51 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
My mother had covid right in the beginning and now she has it again (not vaccinated)both times where pretty severe fever, coughing, chills and extremely weak.
My father had covid 3 times first time severe second time in between vaccines was weak but no fever 3rd time (vaccinated) was now with my mother he tested negative but definitely had symptoms but not as sick as my mother is.

Ive heard this from nurses. It is so weird. A lot of the vaccinated spouses of unvaccinated people have the same symptoms but are testing negative when spouse is positive and both are looking sick. It is so strange.

Belle

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's shocking is that they're EXACTLY the same. Same intensity of symptoms, too. And these are really young people!

Still waiting on whether they have the Delta variant, but boy do I hate that term.

How do you test for a Delta variant as opposed to classic COVID? Is there a separate test for Delta?

Belle

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
For some people it lasts, and for some it doesn't. We don't know just why yet. Because of that, no one can really assume they have antibodies without doing follow up tests.

People previously infected with COVID have a broader-based immunity, even if they have low or no antibodies. There is something I read called T-cell immunity and the body has other memory mechanisms that protect against re-infection. That is why natural immunity is stronger than the vaccine. Also the vaccine produces only one type of antibody, and apparently (not sure about this) people need two kinds. Maybe amother who knows more can comment about this. In any event nothing is inevitable, we are just discussing likelihood. It is MUCH less likely for a previously infected person to contract it again. Studies in Israel are saying that vaccinated-only individuals are 13% more likely to contract COVID than those previously infected.

Fascinated

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:36 pm
Belle wrote:
People previously infected with COVID have a broader-based immunity, even if they have low or no antibodies. There is something I read called T-cell immunity and the body has other memory mechanisms that protect against re-infection. That is why natural immunity is stronger than the vaccine. Also the vaccine produces only one type of antibody, and apparently (not sure about this) people need two kinds. Maybe amother who knows more can comment about this. In any event nothing is inevitable, we are just discussing likelihood. It is MUCH less likely for a previously infected person to contract it again. Studies in Israel are saying that vaccinated-only individuals are 13% more likely to contract COVID than those previously infected.
[b]

No that was misunderstood. The 13%. See Dr. Grove. Pulmonologist in the ICU. Most qualified to discuss this. He has the earned credentials and the life experience with the hospitalized patients. Baltimore.

https://mycovidjourney.com/202.....tion/

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:04 pm

Can I understand something? You just stated that your husband very nearly DIED from Covid, nearly every study that exists says that symptoms of Covid after being fully vaccinated are much milder, if you catch it at all, and you're on here promoting everyone get Covid naturally?

Can you explain this? Do you like your husband?

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
Op I wasn't going to answer this thread because it doesn't seem you are looking for understanding you are just trying to show us how dumb we are and how smart you are. As you see with this thread there is so much unknown with this virus. There is no way anyone can be sure of anything. .

Huh? All OP said was that she's seeing an increase of vaccinated individuals getting Covid, and that you need to test yourself if you have symptoms, and you think this is someone else lording it over you how dumb you are?

Maybe leave your ego at the door here.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:41 pm
Belle wrote:

I am a board certified immunologist and what your saying is completely false with regards to developing only one type of antibody with the vaccine. When your B cells see The s protein they make antibodies to various epitopes ( spots) on the s protein. Those IgG antibodies are not all the same and are not a perfect fit. Sort of like when you make a copy of a key some copies are perfect and some you need to fiddle with. Some have greater affinity and some have less. (Here’s the punchline) Given the variation within the IgG (antibody) formation Some are more nuanced to bind to the delta variant. A more simpler way to thing about is that your B cells are not perfect and they too implant “mutations” in the antibody they produce and that’s why we have neutralizing antibody to the D variant in the first place.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:46 pm
My PCP is the medical director at a centrally-located clinic in Brooklyn. Three weeks ago, I was at his office with my daughter, and he told me he had seen only 3 cases in which a patient had covid, recovered, and then got the virus again in a way that he was convinced it was a new infection (as opposed to lingering symptoms).

Yesterday, I spoke to him again when I went to test for antibodies. He told me that he's seeing more and more people come in with covid, even if they still test positive for antibodies after having had covid in the past. He's also seeing more and more vaccinated people come in with covid. He's of the opinion that both antibodies and the vaccine confer immunity, though he said he's not sure which one is more effective because of the current medical controversy.

Either way, his guidelines are that anyone who is eligible for a third dose should get one, ages 12+. He commented that there's really no other adult vaccine out there that's not given to children once they're age 12 and at least 80 pounds, so covid should be no different.

Israel has changed their guidelines to show that all immunity lasts about 6 months, but they don't acknowledge the benefit of antibodies alone without at least 1 shot as far as I can tell.

All this being said, I am still waiting for more conclusive data on how serious the illness is for breakthrough infections, both from antibodies alone and from the different vaccines. If it's a regular case of covid but nothing more severe, then we're talking about a really bad flu. But if the hospitalization and death rates start significantly rising, that places a lot of doubt on the vaccine's efficacy in its main goal - to prevent serious illness and death.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:

The same for the Covid Vax - the antibodies only last a few months.

Faucci just said you need a booster vaccine every FIVE months.

Studies have shown that NATURAL immunity is 6-7 times stronger than vax immunity.

Another study showed that Natural immunity is 13 times stronger than vax immunity.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:49 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
The same for the Covid Vax - the antibodies only last a few months.

Faucci just said you need a booster vaccine every FIVE months.

Look how quickly it went from the vaccine will keep you immune for years, to a booster every 5 months. What's next? A continuinous mrna pump in our arms?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics